Polynesian Tiki God Says... Magical Bora Bora Bungalow Upgrade?!? - A Jan 2017 TR! *COMPLETE 4/1*

Checking Out of Vista/Breakfast at the Kona Cafe

I woke up at 6 AM on the first full day of my vacation.

AJBUYjP.gif

After rounding the rest of the family up, we finally got out of the bungalow at around 7:30. I was super hungry and in need of coffee but we had to get stuff done ASAP!

Our first order of business was to return my final costume to MK Costuming, so we headed there first, then we went on over to Vista Way apartments for the last time ever. It felt so weird taking the back roads home in broad daylight!

Eventually, we arrived at Vista Way and started the process of packing things back up into the rental truck.

Here's me standing in my doorway for the last time, featuring my DCP Alumni shirt!

C1_EnmwXEAA9AHH.jpg

It literally took us an hour to finish packing up the car and throwing some things away. It was ROUGH.

When everything was all said and done, I went over to the learning center to hand in my housing ID, blue ID, and apartment key. I handed one of the beautiful ladies at the desk everything and she said, "Thank you for everything you've done for Disney!" and handed me a Disney Internships & Programs bag and I started crying :sad:

Of course, that was no where near the end of the crying for that morning!

I told my parents I had to say goodbye to someone and made my way over to the apartment just across the street from me, stopping on the staircase to take this last photo of my beautiful Vista:

C1_Cs2QW8AA1O6J.jpg

Then it was time for my tearful goodbye with my beautiful best friend @PlutosRHM55 . I met Timmy here on the DIS two years ago and when we found out we were doing this program together we were SHOOK. He's amazing and we just hugged each other and cried for 10 minutes before saying goodbye. I can't wait to be in Magic Kingdom again with him one day! :sad::sad::sad::sad:

And just like that, I had completed my first Disney College Program. All good things must come to an end, right? We drove out of Vista and got back into our WDW bubble.

Then it was time to PARTY!

party:

In the span of 25 minutes we were in the car, I lost my magic band and found it twice and we got stuck in MAJOR marathon traffic. But soon, we were #homesweethome at the Poly and I got us checked in upstairs for a meal at the Kona!... Again!

When I checked into the podium, the lady at the front desk informed us that they were running 20 minutes late, so we were like, no big deal! We grabbed a coffee at Kona Island. It was pretty good! I'm not a warm coffee drinker, but it gave me my much needed caffeine fix for the day. We decided that our game plan would be to go to Epcot for a few hours, come back, and head over to Universal Resort for dinner at Toothsome Chocolate Factory.

Our pager buzzed and we sat down at our table!

Our waitress asked us if it was okay for her to bring out some of their famouse lilikoi juice, and of course, that was more than okay with me. :drinking1

C1_Cs3WWgAA3eE0.jpg

I love my POG!!!

Unlike the night before, service was running really quickly this morning. Grace ordered pancakes, dad ordered the Samoan, and mom and I had our eyes on a rather famous dish...

C1_Cs7RWIAE37qb.jpg

TONGA TOAST! After hearing so many good things about it, I decided to give it a shot- despite not being the biggest fan of french toast or any type of sweet breakfast bread.

The Toast was pretty good. It was even better when it was soaked in the fabulous strawberry sauce it came with! It wasn't as sweet as I thought it was going to be, but it was a little tough to cut/eat around the edges. Also, the strawberry/banana combo was amazing. The bacon was also crispy, just the way I like it!

Kona Cafe breakfast is a thumbs up from me! :thumbsup2

After breakfast, we went to pick up a few items from the little shop next to Moana Mercantile and headed back to the Bungalow to get ready for our big Epcot day!

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Omg, what a rough day that was. I cried so much BUT I DIDN'T GET A BAG! Probably because I just dropped off my cards and stuff in the little box they had in the service center then left. Ripped it off like a band-aid.

Kinda want to tell your favorite Corny Collins was left out of this update...

:D

Omg, what a rough day that was. I cried so much BUT I DIDN'T GET A BAG! Probably because I just dropped off my cards and stuff in the little box they had in the service center then left. Ripped it off like a band-aid.

Kinda want to tell your favorite Corny Collins was left out of this update...

:D

It was ROUGH. And you ALWAYS gotta talk to the people at the front desk!!! No matter what!!! So that they could be like "sorry your apartment is flooding here's a Disney Internships & Programs pen". They love handing out free stuff.

And maybe, JUST MAYBE he would have made the cut for the update if he hadn't have "haha" reacted to my latest profile picture. Maybe.

Woah, how I have I just found this TR? Anyways, I'm SO glad I did and can't wait to keep reading!

The magic of an upgrade to a bungalow would be insanely amazing & I probably would've cried! haha

I'm also a fellow DCP Alumni (Spring 2013 Port Orleans Resort Concierge) I miss it so much & totally got all the feels when reading the post about check out day!

Mmm... tonga toast. I wouldn't have been able to hold it together turning in my keys and card. :(

I so would have been crying with you turning in my badge. You'll have those wonderful memories forever.

Your Tonga Toast looks delicious. I've never tried it before but it's on my list.

I am following along as well. I seriously can't image the excitement at getting THAT kind of upgrade! Amazing! I hope you enjoyed the bungalow at least a little bit!

I'm IN LOVE with your rooms, hope to run into some DMagic someday and get an awesome upgrade like you guys did!

Big, Beautiful Bora Bora!

Obviously hearing that shocked us. We ain't go that kinda money!

"We booked a theme park view room, so we shouldn't have a bungalow... unless... somebody made some magic for us?" I told her, hopefully, as I grabbed my mother's arm. As much as I wanted to not question her and get that bungalow regardless of whether or not it was a mistake, we weren't trying to spend an extra 10 grand a night here.

She shook her head and said, "Well, they wouldn't have made that kind of magic if... ... ... huh. I guess they did."

Sebastian-Omg-Jaw-Drop-In-The-Little-Mermaid.gif

We were floored. At that point, dad came by and we had to fill him in on everything. None of us could believe it.

"Are you guys excited?" The front desk attendant asked us as she gave us our leis. "I would be so excited! Aloha guys!"

With our leis on and our hearts soaring, we thanked her and made our way over to our bungalow!

C11GY3XWgAI_kZX.jpg

C11GY_gXEAELteN.jpg

With baited breath, we used our MagicBands to unlock the gate to the bungalow village first, then to our very own one...

C11JljDWgAEYz-C.jpg

C11GZMUXcAAuPdD.jpg

For starters, the bungalow was huge. Well, about the same size as your average DVC villa but HUGE in comparison to the regular Disney resort rooms we're used to!

First, to the left, was the bedroom Grace and I would be sharing.

C11GZGDWQAAzBud.jpg

C11JlYtXcAASQns.jpg

I adored how this room was themed. Not pictures is the closet (which was huge). I can only imagine how much fun it would be for young children who get their own room on vacation!

Just a door down you'll find the bathroom for this bedroom, which is connected to the linen closet.

The master bedroom was to the right. Somehow I neglected to snap a photo of the master bedroom itself, but I got TONS and tons of photos of the master bath!

C11GhMzXcAElUde.jpg

C11GhDkW8AAka5p.jpg

C11Gl9UXAAAjh7s.jpg

HOLY MIRROR TV, BATMAN!

This bathroom itself was, like, bigger than most hotel rooms! And my family, of course, was flipping out over the television in the bathroom. Wouldn't you be, too?!?

The dining room, kitchen and living room were next.

C11GupBWEAEoNkE.jpg

If you're a family who loves cooking meals on vacation (which, if I was a DVC member and went to WDW a lot, I think I would), you're in heaven here. The full kitchen includes everything you need PLUS the world's most beautiful fridge. This bungalow truly is a home away from home with all of the amenities provided in common area alone.

Finally, there's the patio!

C11Gu71WEAEhty_.jpg

C11GuwtXAAEqFIO.jpg

C11GvJJXcAI7ohA.jpg

The pool is NOT heated, but it is very cute and I'm sure young children would get the biggest kick out of having their own pool in the bungalow! On warm summer nights, I can totally see relaxing in the pool while the fireworks popped and the Electrical Water Pageant floated by!

Speaking of which...

C11MnO0WgAEm3Cc.jpg

C11MnZCXEAAbGHq.jpg

I could not have been happier at that moment. :cloud9:

Grace and I also had too much fun relaxing on those swinging chairs during the two nights we were in the bungalow.

I have to say, I seriously adored the artwork above everything else.

C11Gg8DXUAMBobH.jpg

C11JlMwXAAAkCM6.jpg

C11JlONW8AAZu05.jpg

C11GhKQXUAIsDaW.jpg

... ESPECIALLY that painting right there in the master bath! You all know how much I love the Neverland Lagoon mermaids, right? Disney is very lucky they aren't missing a mermaid painting from bungalow 7012 right now, because it was seriously tempting...

The bellhop arrived soon after the pageant with our luggage and we decided to go get some dinner!

(Click here to continue!)

That is amazing, I can't believe how lucky you are to get that upgrade! Awesome pictures of the Bungalow, it looks gorgeous!

Woah, how I have I just found this TR? Anyways, I'm SO glad I did and can't wait to keep reading!

The magic of an upgrade to a bungalow would be insanely amazing & I probably would've cried! haha

I'm also a fellow DCP Alumni (Spring 2013 Port Orleans Resort Concierge) I miss it so much & totally got all the feels when reading the post about check out day!

Welcome aboard! I'll be updating again soon!

It was seriously awesome!! I cried for sure!

Yaaaas DCP alumni!!! Concierge was one of my top choice!!!

Mmm... tonga toast. I wouldn't have been able to hold it together turning in my keys and card. :(

It was super sad, but the tonga toast made up for it :rotfl:

I so would have been crying with you turning in my badge. You'll have those wonderful memories forever.

Your Tonga Toast looks delicious. I've never tried it before but it's on my list.

It was super sad but I'll always cherish the memories I made!

The Tonga Toast was fabulous!

Joining in and was in tears with your pixie dust you got! How exciting!

Welcome aboard!! Thank you!!

I am following along as well. I seriously can't image the excitement at getting THAT kind of upgrade! Amazing! I hope you enjoyed the bungalow at least a little bit!

Welcome aboard!! We sure enjoyed it!

I'm IN LOVE with your rooms, hope to run into some DMagic someday and get an awesome upgrade like you guys did!

I hope you get some DMagic too!! We certainly appreciated ours and LOVED the bungalow!!

I can imagine how sad it was to pack up and say goodbye!

Sounds like a good time at Kona for breakfast!

It was super sad, but the breakfast at Kona totally took my mind off of things!!

That is amazing, I can't believe how lucky you are to get that upgrade! Awesome pictures of the Bungalow, it looks gorgeous!

We sure felt lucky! Thank you for the compliment on my photos... I have to admit I'm no artist with a camera, but I do what I can! :blush:

Our Morning in Epcot

We got back to the bungalow, pulled our bags together super quick, and booked it right back over to the ceremonial house to catch a monorail to Epcot.

Here's a photo of Grace in the ears I bought her. Cast Connection sells Mickey Ears for 50 cents (because either the ears broke or they messed up the embroidering), and I found these in a pile and IMMEDIATELY thought of Grace.

Needless to say, she loved them and wore them every day.

C1_Cs-xXgAU6qn4.jpg

We got on the monorail and headed to the TTC, then switched over to the Epcot monorail circuit. We stood in the holding pen and dad wanted a selfie.

C1_CzrMW8AEjrKA.jpg

He saw a shirt with Grumpy on it that he really wanted, so I made it my purpose to find it for him within the next two days we would be spending here in The World.

We waited a pretty long time for a monorail to come along, but soon it showed up, and we got in and sat down, excited to arrive in my second favorite park!

When we got to Epcot, the first thing I noted was that the security measures were drastically different- even from when I went with my SEP for the last time in mid-December. Basically, now everybody goes through a metal detector and they get their bags searched at the same time. The lines looked long but it definitely didn't take any longer or any shorter than security did before this change!

We scanned our magicbands, got inside, and the first person we saw was a PP CM with no line. And when you see a PP CM with no line, you give them some business!

C1_Cz1LWIAAwgKj.jpg

C1_Czv8W8AAef_t.jpg

We headed to Soarin', because by the time we arrived, our window was already open. We got over there and scanned into the FP+ line. I was excited for them to see the new Soarin'-- something told me they would really like it.

I was right! The family adored it. Especially the new elephants and polar bears. While I was sentimental for Soarin' Around California at first, Soarin' Around the World is really, really good. I just wish I had been able to book a Frozen FP+ in it's place!

After Soarin', we still had about an hour before our Spaceship Earth FP+ opened up. We went to MouseGears so that I could get my graduation ears embroidered. We got that done, looked around the store for a little bit, and then headed to Starbucks to refresh ourselves before Spaceship Earth. I got an iced caramel macchiato.

C1_Cz4SW8AAcK7e.jpg

The family also loved Spaceship Earth! I was the only one who had ever been on it, and I was worried they wouldn't go for it, but they surprisingly loved it. I know it's a little dated but... I just LOVE the smell of Rome burning! :rotfl: And of course, there's a scene with a NEWSIE. So you just know this ride was built for me. :thumbsup2

We felt hungry afterwards, and decided we were gonna go get some lunch. We made our way over to the World Showcase and after a quick pit stop so I could swap out my fuelrods, we were on our way. By the way... fuel rods. BEST thing to come to Disney parks. I invested $30 at the very beginning of my program and I can't even begin to tell you how many times it saved my life. Basically, you buy one for $30, and plug your phone in so it does it's thing, then when you need a new one-- you just swap them out at any fuel rod station! If you're staying for more than a week or if you're an AP/DVC member, they are genuinely the best investment you can make in the parks.

So then we went to France for some lunch.

C1_D3x7WgAI9pia.jpg

C1_D30VXEAMj3lt.jpg

(PS: These photos were NOT taken the day we went. It was much more crowded. I just needed more photos for the update!)

We had lunch at Les Halles. As usual, there were no seats so we stood at a little table and enjoyed our lunches. I ordered my favorite dish for the last time... the Roulé Lard and Fromage. A masterful mix of chewy bacon pieces and rich cheese... on a BREAD ROLL. Like one of those fancy roll up hors d'oeuvre, but big enough to make a meal. It got to a point where by the end of my DCP, at least ONE of my two days off would be spent in Epcot and eventually I would wind up ordering one in France. RIP those days, you will be missed. :sad:

After lunch, we really didn't feel like hanging around, so we made our way back to the front of Future World and got back on the monorail, thus concluding my five months in Epcot-- my second favorite park.

C1_EnmuWIAIOYkD.jpg

(Click here to Continue!)

** REAL LIFE UPDATE **

Okay, so that may be the end of the update, BUT I just wanted to let you know that I moved back into Pace today! :goodvibes

I miss Disney so much already, but I missed NYC life more than anything in the world. I'm back at my second favorite place on Earth and this time, I ACTUALLY decorated my dorm!

C2uXx5CWgAEeZo6.jpg

C2uXx47W8AECEdn.jpg

C2uXx9IXUAAucjG.jpg

Last edited:
Following along! I love hearing about how much people love their DCP--it is my dream to be in the program at some point over the next four years!

Wow, that is some SERIOUS pixie dust at Poly! Such a magical way to celebrate the end of your DCP. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip! :)

I don't even know why I'm reading this TR. It's torture. I'm reliving the emotional rollercoaster that was my last days in the parks. *unsubscribed*

Anyways, your dorm looks lovely and I'm super jelly you have that Peter & Wendy snowglobe. I saw it on one of my last times in the Emporium and I wanted it so bad, but I had to consolidate. I'll come back for it eventually. (P.S. When are we going back? Because I'm in real physical and emotional pain not being there anymore.)

Joining In :wave: What an amazing upgrade. The bungalows look awesome. Love that mermaid painting. I'm glad I'm hearing some good reviews about Soarin' Over the World. Others are not so crazy about (something about the buildings bending). Look forward to hearing more about your trip. -Amanda

Following along! I love hearing about how much people love their DCP--it is my dream to be in the program at some point over the next four years!

Wow, that is some SERIOUS pixie dust at Poly! Such a magical way to celebrate the end of your DCP. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip! :)

Definitely sending pixie dust your way in your DCP endeavors! If you have any questions about the application process/program itself, please message me!

It was the most magical way to end the most magical chapter of my life! Welcome aboard!

I don't even know why I'm reading this TR. It's torture. I'm reliving the emotional rollercoaster that was my last days in the parks. *unsubscribed*

Anyways, your dorm looks lovely and I'm super jelly you have that Peter & Wendy snowglobe. I saw it on one of my last times in the Emporium and I wanted it so bad, but I had to consolidate. I'll come back for it eventually. (P.S. When are we going back? Because I'm in real physical and emotional pain not being there anymore.)

I MISS YOU SO MUCH. PLEASE COME BACK TO ME :sad::sad::sad::sad:
Joining In :wave: What an amazing upgrade. The bungalows look awesome. Love that mermaid painting. I'm glad I'm hearing some good reviews about Soarin' Over the World. Others are not so crazy about (something about the buildings bending). Look forward to hearing more about your trip. -Amanda

Welcome aboard!!!

I totally understand the comment about the buildings bending. Depending on wear you sit in the ride, you could have a weird, obscured view of the Eiffel Tower and it looks like it's bending into a perfect C! It happened to me the first time I was on it!

The family also loved Spaceship Earth! I was the only one who had ever been on it, and I was worried they wouldn't go for it, but they surprisingly loved it. I know it's a little dated but... I just LOVE the smell of Rome burning!
My favorite smell in the whole "World"...even more than the sweets on Main Street!!! I found a marker a couple years ago that smells just like it. I smell it from time to time to remind me of my happy place.

What a great TR so far! Nothing compares to being a CM. Im surprised my ID card wasn't smoking on my finally vacation as a CM. #BUYALLTHETHINGS!!!! lol I loved my time with the company and have promised myself that a I will be back "home" one day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!