Polynesian Tiki God Says... Magical Bora Bora Bungalow Upgrade?!? - A Jan 2017 TR! *COMPLETE 4/1*

Joining in! What a rollercoaster of emotions those three days must have been! Luckily, it looks like you have a nice family to go through it all with :-)

Sounds like a really nice time saying goodbye to Epcot! Love the family photos, very cute.

Your dorm room looks so cute, love the tsum tsum area!

Oh I like your dad. First my favorite breakfast at Kona, the Samoan then Grumpy. Yes he is alright in my book. Before you know it you will be back at Disney? From you saying "my first" program will you be doing it again?

I am late joining in, but I am all caught up now!

Still stuck on your family seeing Hamilton and driving straight to Disney. That's a dream come true in itself, forget the bungalow upgrade on top of that. Are you parents taking applications? I would like to be adopted by this family. lol

Belatedly Knockin' Out The Rest of this TR!

HI ALL! You haven't seen me in, like, months! Sorry 'bout it! Basically, I just wanted to get this finished up. As I got crazy busy with my schoolwork and sorority stuff, obviously this was placed on the back burner. BUT, we're taking an even bigger, better trip in August and I need to knock this quick little trip out quickly before I even get started on that TR! You'll see that the rest of the trip was... well... kinda boring. :rotfl: You haven't been missing much with my lack of updates. There weren't a lot of pictures for this trip and there also weren't a lot of things done! I promise that the next PTR, a BIGGER, BETTER excursion, is coming shortly!

The rest of the Epcot evening was uneventful. We got back to our Bungalow and I decided to take some pics of my ears!

C1_D3o3XAAARfJq.jpg

C1_D3toWIAEYx-A.jpg

We also decided to take a quick dip in our Bungalow pool, just cause like- when in Rome, amiright? We went to the resort hot tub for a little bit, and then Mom announced that she didn't want to go to Toothsome Chocolate Factory anymore. She was feeling a little under the weather, and we decided that we could go to Toothsome over the summer. Dad decided to stay back at the Bungalow with mom while Grace and I decided to head to Magic Kingdom for the evening.

Here's us:

giphy.gif

It was STUPID CROWDED at MK that evening. We didn't feel like waiting in line for anything because everything was at a 35+ minute wait. We literally made a loop around the park, starting from Frontierland and walking through Tomorrowland before we were both like "lol we dont really want to be here". We grabbed a bag of rice krispie treats from the confectionery and headed back to the Poly for dinner at Captain Cooks.

I had the pork fried rice and it was to. die. for.

C2zJte1XcAE3pYx.jpg

So, SO good! It's hard to find good fried rice in Florida, but this was amazing!

Then Grace and I decided to get some Dole Whips for dessert. We walked up to Aloha Aisle and the lovely man behind the counter gave us two free ones because he was training the lovely girl alongside him!

We went to sleep shortly after. :faint:

The next day, our LAST day, was a Magic Kingdom day for us! We woke up and had to say goodbye to the Bungalow, since we were technically on a split-stay and we had to move back to a regular room. We had our luggage moved, visited concierge, and then went to grab breakfast at our 1900 Park Fare reservation!

... Which I don't have pics for, because Grace had all the pics on her phone which broke. :faint::faint:

The food was great and the characters were awesome! Mary Poppins saw my tinker bell bow and asked my mom if I had an attitude like Tinker Bell. Then Alice started telling us a story, and my dad was like, "do you guys want a picture" and Alice said "SHHH! I'M TELLING THEM A STORY!" and I love her. The food was amazing, I relished in the strawberry soup for the last time as I cried and the pancakes were also great. And so were these babies!

C2zJ5_5W8AIUniW.jpg

When we were finished, we went to Magic Kingdom! I finally got pixie-dusted!

C2zJ6CYWQAAif7D.jpg

The first thing we did was head to Peter Pan's Flight and it's a small world. I said goodbye to my old cast-members and hugged it out one last time. And there was another person I had to say goodbye to one last time...

C8V6iErXUAAK0MG.jpg

It would be a major, major lie to say I didn't get at least a little bit teary when I met Peter the last time. First he asked me what my shirt meant, and I told him it meant that I had spent the last semester helping him out on his ride. He made me crow at it's a small world, and then he thanked me for helping him out for the past few months.

Peter may have been a major pain in my butt for the last semester, but it was an honor to be a lost boy.

Then we had our Mine Train FP+! After the mine train, we went to Frontierland. Grace, mom and I went on Splash Mountain.

C8V6iNDWAAAL4GY.jpg

Then we all watched the Country Bear Jamboree and used our Thunder Mountain FP+. We grabbed some popcorn before heading back to the hotel, since mom and dad were already tired.

I took some pictures while mom, dad, and Grace grabbed their stuff from the locker mom rented.

C8V39YpXUAA57b8.jpg

C8V39aDWsAAcIab.jpg

C8V39ZWXoAAk67F.jpg

When we got back to the Poly, our room was ready. We were in Raratonga!

C8V4HzkXUAAsErR.jpg

C8V4H0bWAAAwonL.jpg

C8V4H3BXYAAjs7f.jpg

C8V4H4EWAAIh4IC.jpg

We lied down for a few hours. It was disgusting outside, rainy and cold, so I took a nap and I'm also pretty sure I started this TR.

Finally, it was time for us to get ourselves up and go to our dinner reservation!

C8V4UMFXsAA2kqp.jpg

C8V4UO7XUAANU1-.jpg

C8V4UZrWAAEn0pn.jpg

It wasn't as good as it used to be, but we still had fun!

Mom started to feel a little sick after that, again, so her, dad, and Grace went back. I decided to stay just to catch Wishes for the last time and meet some friends for the last time...

First was Ariel!

C8V4hdcWsAEFjlO.jpg

Then it was Tinker Bell's turn.

C8V4hhtWsAAo0Ng.jpg

It was really, really hard to say goodbye to this special girl. She kept me grounded throughout my program! Every time the going got tough, I thought about how much she meant to me since the beginning of my crazy process with her, Peter, and Wendy.

And finally, I had to say my final goodbyes to a special mouse...

C8V4tXGXoAAUxZ5.jpg

He was quiet. He didn't say a word that night, he had laryngitis. But he pointed to my shirt and clapped and I thanked him for everything and we hugged for a really long time.

Then I said "See You Real Soon" to him and the Magic Kingdom both.

The next morning, mom wasn't feeling well for Ohana's, so it was just dad, Grace and I. We had a great breakfast! Dad didn't even want to go, but he really enjoyed it!

C8V4tZ_XYAIwHfo.jpg

C8V4tfEXcAAOPs8.jpg

C8V4toQXkAEO5Qg.jpg

C8V49soXgAAuV0y.jpg

C8V49wNWsAA9WiI.jpg

The food was outstanding, but the characters were just not memorable. Which was fine, since I had already said goodbye to Mickey the night before.

We checked out of the hotel and started our long, long, INCREDIBLY long drive back home.

The weather was seriously disgusting. We didn't even stop for lunch, we just grabbed McDonalds drive thru and kept going. We stopped in North Carolina (I think?) for the night and got Pizza Hut for dinner. The next morning was super long, the roads were icy so it took us a while to get through to Virginia. We spent another 10+ hours (I think???) until finally, FINALLY, this sight graced me.

C8V492MWAAAg_MU.jpg

I was HOME, and this TR ENDED.

party:

Conclusion post coming up in a few minutes!

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Conclusion: The Explaina-pology-clusionary post... thing...

So, like, hi. :blush:

Obviously this TR was a #flop, but looking back, it was destined to be a flop.

I didn't even know we were staying at the Poly until like, literally three weeks before? But for DIS sake, I decided to scrap together a PTR and a TR. For this 3-day adventure.

First of all... sorry I left everyone hanging!

But, like, second of all... the trip was just too weird to write about?

I was already... you know.... in Disney? And had been for the past 5 months? Most of my TRs, to me, have been about the following things:

1. Solo-ventures
2. Great dining reports
3. Elaborate touring and FP+ plans
4. Being excited to be down there and meeting characters
5. Being super excited for 6+ months for an awesome vacation

BUT THIS TIME...

1. I didn't do a lot of things solo... I wanted to be with my family after 5 months!
2. We ate at like 3 restaurants and it was super rushed and I didn't take pics
3. No touring/FP+ plans because everything was done literally less than a month in advance
4 + 5... I just... wasn't excited?

This trip felt a little bit like a road block in the way of me being home in NJ with my friends and dog, so a lot of the time I felt weird. Which, in turn, made this TR/Trip in general weird. Everything was just weird. It was weird to write about, so I didn't really want to finish it.

Buuuuut... we're going back to Disney World this summer!

Writing TRs is something I've always loved to do, so I wanted to get this pain-in-my-side TR out of the way quickly to give it some closure to at least say I finished it before moving on to my next PTR.

I really don't have a lot to say about this trip. I want to say it was a nice bow to wrap up my DCP gift, and there was certainly MORE THAN ENOUGH pixie dust. But the three days felt so rushed after spending such a long time in the bubble that it just put me in a weird position of "i'm-going-to-miss-this-place-more-than-anything" and "wow-can-i-go-back-to-NJ-now".

Thanks for following along with this adventure... now ONTO THE NEXT!

My mother is about to get some paperwork from the travel agent she's booking this trip through, and once she gets it, I'll be able to start the next PTR, which is going to be BIGGER and BETTER than this one! If it's not up by the end of this weekend, it'll be up by next weekend. I'll let you guys know as soon as it appears!

Thank you again so, so much for reading along. It was a long, strange, wonderful trip between my DCP and this mini-vacation and this actual TR, but I'm happy I got to share it with the DIS. See you real soon!

C8V6iSXXUAEsWf6.jpg

UPDATE: The new PTR can be found here! Thanks again for reading! See you on the PTR subforum :thumbsup2

Sounds like a nice end to your trip! I'm sure it was weird because you wanted to get home but at the same time were sad about leaving!

Can we talk about how you literally sped through that last half, it has been months since we left the DCP and here I am bawling my eyes out over hearing about your last times meeting Peter and Mickey? I guess I'll just have to insert the fact Peter FINALLY hugged me on my last day and Mickey thanked me (with his own voice) for all the help I gave him and held my hand while I struggled through the whole thing because I had been a mess that whole day. Uggghhhhh, you making me unload a lot of emotional baggage. Also, I miss you and I'm still going to be a lame af DISer has-been and follow your next TR and only your next TR because no other TR really matters anymore.

Ok, I'm done, bye.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!