Polynesian?

REEREEG

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at the Polynesian next time and I want to do dinner at Ohana, or do spirit of Aloha. Im vegetarian but I’ve read reviews that they actual have a vegetarian options and I know disney is good with allergies, but I’m worried that being vegetarian and allergic to shellfish, bananas, and nuts is too much for them. I’m not too picky and am happy eating one thing if that’s all there but I know my family will be bothered if I sit there and don’t eat anything. Do you think they could do something that could be ok?

I have a nut and coconut allergy and ate at both SOA and Ohana when we were there in December my suggestion would be if you can eat at only one place go with Ohana, the noodles there are great plus there is the salad that comes at the beginning of the meal and great veggies too. You won't be eating the meats but since there are options for you. The best thing IMO at SOA was the pulled pork and that would be off the table for you, the show was great but Ohana was a better meal.

That being said both Ohana and SOA have traditional kid foods so if nothing else I would bet that they would bring you a personal sized cheese pizza.

Also how allergic are you to shellfish because they do serve shrimp there and they are carrying it around etc.

Thanks!! Ive been at the table with people eating shrimp and been ok. I think I’ll be ok as long as the people preparing the food aren’t mixing utensils... I don’t usually get nervous about restaurants but this one is making me a little nervous.

Thanks!! Ive been at the table with people eating shrimp and been ok. I think I’ll be ok as long as the people preparing the food aren’t mixing utensils... I don’t usually get nervous about restaurants but this one is making me a little nervous.
I can honestly say I have never been anywhere that was more consistent and took food allergies as seriously as Disney. They also have a process in place. The chef will always (at least in my experience) come out ask you questions and then they prepare things accordingly. Have a great time and know if you after Ohana you are still hungry you can just go downstairs and get a Dolewhip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter