Pool areas at deluxe resorts

Kathy Rittenhouse

Earning My Ears
After all of the responses to my previous message, I have decided that for our first trip to WDW that we will go deluxe and enjoy all that Disney has to offer. Thanks for all your responses. Which deluxe resort has the best pool area for an 8 year old boy?
Do they have pool food & drink service?

Thanks

My favorites are WL and BCR. WL has beatiful falls with a slide and it even has a geyser that erupts every hour. BCR has a cool shipwreck that you climb and slide down the mast in an inside slide. They also have a great river pool with sand bottom. Both these resorts are located in great spots. Especially BCR!

My favorite pools are in this order:

1. Yacht and Beach Club
2. Wilderness Lodge
3. (tied) Grand Floridian/Polynesian

Now, I'm not sure what you mean by pool food and drink service. All of these places have a quick place to grab a bite nearby, but service isn't provided to your pool chair, with the exception of the GF. And at the GF, you order your food/drinks from the room service menu and then it's delivered to your chair, no people walking around taking your order. You can get food/drinks and bring it back to your chair at all of these places and relax, that's not a problem.

For kids you can't beat Stormalong Bay at the Yacht & Beach Club!!! There's a huge slide, little lazy river and you can make sand castles in the middle of the pool! It's too cool!

Definitely Stormalong Bay at the Yacht/Beach Club. I would go with the Yacht over the Beach. Especially now since the BC renovations are just starting, and the YC renovations are nearing completion.

Another endorsement for the Y&BC and Storm-along Bay. No other pool compares to. Plus you are in the Boardwalk area.We plan to try the new BCV in March.

Another vote for Stormalong Bay...great for kids and so big! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter