Pool Availability

suprgrlx

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

We're booked at Sequoia Lodge from Aug 19-22 and we discovered a couple of weeks ago that the pool refurbishment for SL (which was supposed to end July 31) has been extended to Aug 28. A pool was a big factor in our hotel selection (since we have an 8 year old who often prefers swimming to park time). According to Disneyland Paris, we will be able to use the Newport Bay Club pool subject to availability, so they consider us unharmed. However we're pretty concerned about the "subject to availability" fine print. Anyone have any experience with pools being "unavailable"?

Thanks!

I would imagine they just say subject to availability to cover themselves in case they need to suddenly close it for emergency repair, emergency drainage etc etc

I would imagine they just say subject to availability to cover themselves in case they need to suddenly close it for emergency repair, emergency drainage etc etc

And that would be totally fine! That could happen at our own pool (assuming we had one). They just made it sound like it was possible that it could be "too full" (CM told me to stop and tell the front desk at SL before we head over at any time to make sure it wasn't at capacity).

My understanding, based on a DLP FB group, is that you have to speak to reception staff at SL, who will then call NPB to tell them you are coming. Earlier in the summer, some people were saying that they had been told there was no room, so it is possible, but it’s relatively unlikely. I know this probably isn’t what you want to hear. 😕

My understanding, based on a DLP FB group, is that you have to speak to reception staff at SL, who will then call NPB to tell them you are coming. Earlier in the summer, some people were saying that they had been told there was no room, so it is possible, but it’s relatively unlikely. I know this probably isn’t what you want to hear. 😕

Thanks for this. While I was hoping the answer would be more positive, this was the information I was looking for. Hoping it was a rare occurrence.

NPBC was “out of capacity” lately because of issues with electricity. AFAIK, they have been fixed, so you should be able to get there without issues.

When we were there a few weeks ago. We never did get to swim. When we checked in we were told if we wanted to go to the other hotel they would have to call over to see if we could. Then we would have to walk over, no transport. It was more effort than we thought was worth it. We were very unhappy about it. When we booked the pool was suppose to be complete also. In general I was very disappointed with Disney Paris. Guess I am spoiled by WDW.

Hi @dzorn, so sorry about your lack of enjoyment of your trip in DLP. Please raise your voice at Guest Relations if you were not satisfied with your vacation, and let them know why!

Guest satisfaction has never been this high at DLP. If people stop complaining, they will never know something is wrong…

When we were there a few weeks ago. We never did get to swim. When we checked in we were told if we wanted to go to the other hotel they would have to call over to see if we could. Then we would have to walk over, no transport. It was more effort than we thought was worth it. We were very unhappy about it. When we booked the pool was suppose to be complete also. In general I was very disappointed with Disney Paris. Guess I am spoiled by WDW.
Yes, let Guest Services know, but I do think it has to do with practicality. The walk from New Port Bay to Sequoia Lodge is 5 minutes, transport would probably take longer. Also how to arrange it, it doesn't make sense to have a CM and a van on standby for the entire day, neither do scheduled buses as you would then make sure that you would be there a few minutes before they left.

Yes, let Guest Services know, but I do think it has to do with practicality. The walk from New Port Bay to Sequoia Lodge is 5 minutes, transport would probably take longer. Also how to arrange it, it doesn't make sense to have a CM and a van on standby for the entire day, neither do scheduled buses as you would then make sure that you would be there a few minutes before they left.

Just a thought, maybe DLP should not schedule pool maintenance in the summer, knowing planning can always delay the re-opening?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!