POOL CHAIRS

Figmentforever50

Earning My Ears
My last visit to Aulani was in 2015. At that time if you left your items on a chair for over 1 hour without being there, the employees would move all of your items to the pool check-in area (towel station). Does anyone know if they still do this? My family would go to lunch in shifts to avoid losing our chairs and would not all go to the pool at the same time. Hopefully, they changed this rule!

They will still do this. It probably takes longer than an hour though. We saw chairs being emptied by staff, but the people hadn't been there for a long time. They need to do this so that everyone can have a place to sit . . .

My last visit to Aulani was in 2015. At that time if you left your items on a chair for over 1 hour without being there, the employees would move all of your items to the pool check-in area (towel station). Does anyone know if they still do this? My family would go to lunch in shifts to avoid losing our chairs and would not all go to the pool at the same time. Hopefully, they changed this rule!
Well, think about it. If the staff regularly clears unused chairs, then it won't be long until enough space is available for your family, so you wouldn't have to strategize in order to have enough chairs.

Its still being done. Your family can likely go to lunch for an hour (or even a little longer) and come back and be fine. You can even let the CM patrolling know you will be back shortly. The alternative is to just order lunch at your chairs. Or, grab chairs at the beach instead. When we were there, they didn't track the chairs in the beach area because there was often ample beach seating available.

Was there in April 2018 - definitely being done, and everyone was aware.

One guest went rogue and took a towel off a chair at < 1hr and they had two security guards looking for him within 20 minutes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter