• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool Hopping Question

NJParkhopper

DIS Veteran- Thanks for everything, Walt!!!
Can we pool hop on any Disney property... like the Animal Kingdom Lodge? It's not just DVC properties is it?

You can pool hop to most any pool at WDW, but AKL has not been open to that yet. It may change, but I know when they opened they said it was not available for pool-hopping by DVC members.
Try the yacht/beach club pool, it's awesome!
Robin M.

To pool hop, call the resort where you are planning to go and ask if pool hopping is being permitted for DVC that day. AKL is currently the only resort that is not available. The other resorts are sometimes unavailable during holiday times.

Hi,
We just got back from vacation in June and we were able to pool hop at the Beach Club, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge etc, the only thing is that before you enter they want to see your Vacation Club key.... The pools are not full which is a good thing being open to only us Vacationers......
Hope this was of some help to you.;)

We just returned from our stay at VWL and HH. While at VWL we drove over to AKL for dinner at Boma's. Hubby took camera and many minutes of video.

To be quite honest, I don't know why anyone would want to pool hop to AKL. It's really not on the beaten path. I mean I stayed at OKW, BWV, WVL........and I thought.......this is really a nice poolat AKL...but I don't know if I would drive there to go swim. Now....the new pool area at GF looks real interesting....

Thanks everyone! I do agree that AKL is off the beaten track... I was just looking for a reason to spy it out. I figured the pool might be good to visit and then do a tour of the new property. I tried hopping at the Yacht and Beach Club when I was at BWV's in May, but they weren't allowing it that week. I agree though... Y&BC is a cool pool!

You should check with DVC before going. They only time we had a problem with pool hopping was last year when we decided to go over the 4th of July. I guess there are certain "very busy" times when the hotels are completely full and they do not allow pool hopping.

Those of you must have been luckier than me. We were there from May 11 -22 at OKW and could not pool hop to Boardwalk or Yacht and Beach Club. We ended up at Port Orleans Riverside because it was close and they have a slide and a few things for the young kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter