Have you ever pool hopped within the WDW Resort

• No, not once, ever

• I tried but the CMs kicked me out

• Yes and noone ever questioned me

• Yes and they pestered me but let me swim

Results are only viewable after voting.

DISLOVE

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I had a quick question regarding pool hopping at WDW. I was under the impression that this practice was not
allowed, unless it was a sister resort. But in talking with a Disney Store CM last night I hear that this is no longer the
case. Apparently they have decided that if you are staying in a WDW resort they are not going to bother you.
Has anyone else heard this? Anyone ever pool hop and if so, any incidents? I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks
Kristy

As I understand it, only DVC members staying on points are allowed to pool hop. It was allowed several years ago, but was discontinued for everyone else. The people paying big money at a deluxe were probably complaining that the pool was crowded. If I paid that much, I guess I'd complain too.

I've never tried it, and I'm pretty sure they're still enforcing the rules, especially when the pools are crowded. If you read the DVC board, sometimes people who are poolhopping (legally because they are DVC members) are asked to leave pools when they get crowded. I don't think they usually question people at the less popular pools, but they apparently do at some like Stormalong Bay.

Interesting that you mention Stormalong Bay, when we stayed at the Beach Club we always entered Stormalong Bay from the back entrance with our own towel, never questioned once.

We pool hopped to the Wilderness Lodge last year after we had breakfast there one day. I didn't realize at the time that I was doing anything wrong. No one asked us any questions. Now I realize that that is a big no-no (especially on these boards!)

We pool hopped to SAB twice this past week. The first time, no one questioned us, but the second time we were carded at the gate and let in because our room keys indicated we were DVC members. They even asked my kids (they went to SAB before I did).

I'm staying at the Portofino Bay Hotel in Universal. We're thinking about pool hoppin at the Fort Wilderness. We walked into the Polenisian Pool area, the Fort Wilderness Pool Area, and the Grand Floridian Pool Area, with no questions asked. I'm sure the CM's can't card everyone!

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and it was extremely crowded. :( There were not enough seats and CM's began checking resort id's to remove non-WL guests. It was good for us, but embarrassing for the visitors and their families.

How's the Polyneisian Pool? Is it nice. Can you swim in the 7 seas bay?

If DVC memeber get to pool hop then why not those who are DC members or AP holders?? I mean if they are going to say that it is okay for one group of people (that from my understanding pay to be part of ONE resort-not all) then why not for other groups of people??
If disney thought about it hard enough they would sell Pool Hopper passes and make some money off those of us who would like to use other resorts pools.

DVC members pay a nice sum of $$ and can stay anywhere, not just at the location they actually bought into. They have to use points to stay anywhere. I am sure that you already know- I am not a DVC member but if I paid from $10,000 and up + yearly maintaince fees - I shoud be able to swim where I please!

Originally posted by callahanjulie10
DVC members pay a nice sum of $$ and can stay anywhere, not just at the location they actually bought into.

Like I said they bought into the one resort not ALL of them, regardless of where they stay when they visit. I still do not see them getting treated "special." Now what I can see is that if they choose to stay at a different resort then their "home" resort that they can choose to still swim at the "home" resort or at the resort they are actually staying at.

I mean lets face it, say you spend the $10-14k and up to join DVC, eventually you will be staying at disney for FREE!! Which is the draw to those who buy into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter