Pool Refurb $50 Room Credit and DVC?

d0naldduck123

Mouseketeer
I'm planning on staying at Aulani in September and am considering renting DVC points. I saw on the Aulani website that some of their pools will be under refurb Aug-Dec, and they're offering $50 room credit per night during that period. I'm guessing that since it's room credit, I would only get it if I book directly, and I won't get it if I rent DVC points for my stay? Does anybody know otherwise?

I'm planning on staying at Aulani in September and am considering renting DVC points. I saw on the Aulani website that some of their pools will be under refurb Aug-Dec, and they're offering $50 room credit per night during that period. I'm guessing that since it's room credit, I would only get it if I book directly, and I won't get it if I rent DVC points for my stay? Does anybody know otherwise?

It specifically states on the website that DVC reservations get the room credit as well. If you go to the bottom of the page here: https://www.disneyaulani.com/pool-refurbishment/ and expand the FAQ, it states:

Q. Are you providing any special offers during the pool refurbishment time period?

A. All Guests and Disney Vacation Club Members visiting Aulani Resort for stays between August 19 and December 17, 2019 will receive a $50 Resort credit per room, per night* that can be used toward any of our offerings—including dining, merchandise, spa and excursions. This Resort credit is valid for any length of stay and will be redeemed at check-in.

*This offer is valid for Guests staying between August 19 and December 17, 2019. Resort credit may not be redeemed for cash, refunded, transferred or applied towards room rate and will expire at 11:59 PM on departure date. Credit offer not available to those Guests booking on a Cast rate, Cast Friends and Family rate, RSR rate, Industry Courtesy rate, and Cost Recovery rates. Advance reservations required.

It specifically states on the website that DVC reservations get the room credit as well. If you go to the bottom of the page here: https://www.disneyaulani.com/pool-refurbishment/ and expand the FAQ, it states:

Q. Are you providing any special offers during the pool refurbishment time period?

A. All Guests and Disney Vacation Club Members visiting Aulani Resort for stays between August 19 and December 17, 2019 will receive a $50 Resort credit per room, per night* that can be used toward any of our offerings—including dining, merchandise, spa and excursions. This Resort credit is valid for any length of stay and will be redeemed at check-in.

*This offer is valid for Guests staying between August 19 and December 17, 2019. Resort credit may not be redeemed for cash, refunded, transferred or applied towards room rate and will expire at 11:59 PM on departure date. Credit offer not available to those Guests booking on a Cast rate, Cast Friends and Family rate, RSR rate, Industry Courtesy rate, and Cost Recovery rates. Advance reservations required.

Oh thank you!! Didn't realize there was an FAQ section. I should've scrolled down further.

Our friends are renting points the same time as we're there as DVC members and they were forwarded an email that their stay will have the $50/night credit applied -- so yes if you rent you'll get the credits.

Did you see if it describes about the pool construction? Will one be open at least?

From the FAQ https://www.disneyaulani.com/pool-refurbishment/

Refurbishment Schedule

August 19 to October 11

Open

Closed
  • Waikolohe Stream
  • Tubestone Curl Waterslide
  • Menehune Bridge
  • Waikolohe Stream Whirlpool Spa

October 14 to December 17

Open

Closed
  • Waikolohe Pool
  • Volcanic Vertical Waterslide
  • Aulani Pool Parties
  • Rainbow Reef
  • Waikolohe Pool Whirlpool Spa
  • Both ‘Alohi Point Whirlpool Spas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!