Pool time with Relatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
We plan to meet my in-laws in July .we are staying at the Fort, and they are staying at Pop Century.
I know you're not supposed to pool crash, but there may be a day or two that we want to swim together.

Is anyone going to say anything if the four of us venture to the Pop to swim with them? Or will anyone at the Fort say anything if three extra people walk over to the pool with us?

Honestly, we might not even do it, but wanted to know if it would work if we decide to.
Likely, my FIL wouldn't swim. He would likely sit in a lounger while MIL did water exercises and my dh, the kids and I played in the water .

I would not hesitate to bring day guests to the FW pool who are visiting me at my campsite.

The problems at the Fort pool (crowding, etc.) are people who AREN'T being hosted by a FW guest and the local families/home schooling groups that try to use the Fort pool as their neighborhood swimming hole.

Nobody will notice or care. FW lifeguards/CM don't scan magic bands nor is the gate MB-operated.

Not sure about how Pop works. I have heard the Deluxe resorts either check or use MB access but I have no first hand knowledge as I've not stayed at those.

Bama Ed

PS - my pet peeve at the pool is the folks who come and put a towel on a lounger at 9am for when they show up after lunch. Such towels can move by magic all by themselves into a pile on the concrete....

I agree, I only see a problem with folks who aren't visiting anyone at the Fort and go to the pool. The biggest issue is the locals using it for a public pool.

So, if asking my opinion, if they are visiting you on your site then they should be able to go to the pool there as well, provided you are also attending with them.

As you see, people will have different options as to whether or not you SHOULD. That said, I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who had their magic bands or ID's checked in any way at the Fort (or, probably, at a Pop resort pool). We've used at least a dozen different pools at WDW, the only time we've ever had a MB scanned for entry was at Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club. At the Fort, if you bring a few people over, no one is going to know.

So...

Should you? That's a debate that could rage on.

Can you? Yes - no one will know the difference!

Thanks for responses.
I don't know that we will swim with them during our trip.
I know we plan pool time for the four of us, but not positive they will join us (or if we will crash the Pop).
Wanted to see if we would run into any Storm troopers should we decide on either
Again, thank you for responses. You're all always knowledgeable about these things and I appreciate it.

With our board policy of not enabling, condoning or promoting discussion of ways to circumvent established Disney company policies. This was a decision made by the Webmasters .

I am closing this thread.

I am not sure if WDW waivers on this policy for families staying at different resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter