Pool View v. Garden View

AlaDisneyFan

Earning My Ears
I know it is a matter of personal preference but for those who have stayed in both (or at least familiar) with the Pool and Garden view-- Do you find the pool view is worth the extra points?

If you have children you would like to set eyes on during their swim. Also beware being near a pool may mean you hear the others guests "enjoying" their time at the pool. This may pose a problem if you are in the room for an afternoon siesta.

There are ground floor rooms with views of the pool that have a little sidewalk off the patio to the main path alongside the pool. I assume these are pool view as well. If so, these rooms have quite a bit of foot traffic going by. While they might be convenient for the pool and dining, you'd have a lot of people walking by if you're on the patio. And it would be advisable to keep the curtains shut if in the room.

I have only experienced the Island/Garden view and it really it was more of the building next door view. The higher up you are, the foliage is only going to go so high and hide, so much, so I didn't find the view to feel very garden or relaxing. With Aulani, you are not spending time in the parks, so I found I was in the room more and if I did it again, I would personally spend the points for a pool or ocean view.

I just booked 2020 with a standard view. If you have the points to blow then its worth it but for me, I like to conserve points if possible. If you are on a high enough floor even a standard view is really pretty. When it comes to relaxing, I'll be at the pool or on the beach anyway.
:beach:

We prefer pool/ocean combo view from a high floor. When you get high enough the noise from the water areas isn't much. We love being able to open the lanai glass and hear the live music that comes up from below (closing the glass shuts it out completely) and we love looking out over the enchanting lighting at night.

Pool view means floors 1-5 inside the horseshoe. I would generally not want to be on floor 1 for the privacy reasons stated above, but perhaps an easy in and out to the pool / valley trumps that.

As an aside, we were once given floor 3, lobby floor, before the carpeting / elevator and right by the stores. Room 358 I think. There are only 4 such rooms. It wasn’t bad except that when we opened our door, curious eyes always peered in since it was the main hallway for Ewa building traffic. The positive was the balcony seating atmosphere for the Oleo room entertainment.

We had poolside gardens and absolutely loved it. We were on the 2nd floor overlooking the lazy river. It was so peaceful and quiet in the morning and at night. It felt like we were in a jungle as it was very lush and green and the foliage sort of draped over our balcony a bit. We loved sitting outside on the patio in the mornings. Even in the afternoons it wasn't terribly loud and my son's dad and I both took turns taking work calls out on the patio, so it was free of enough noise to be able to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter