Pools - with a little belly, like 3 months pregnant (not)

How do you get a bikini body? Put a bikini on your body. Simple as that. Land's End makes great swimsuits in a full range - bikinis, one pieces, swim shirts (short and long sleeved), swim skirts, swim shorts - whatever you are most comfortable in is what you should wear, imo.

I have never worn a bikini, just not comfortable wearing one. I like tankinis with a skirt or shorts bottom.Im actually looking for one now.

I'll be honest I wear a two piece now. The bottoms are skirted, and very high waisted so only a small sliver of skin shows, if any. I can’t tell you how much more comfortable it is for going to the bathroom, etc. Tops vary, some are underwire like a bra, some aren’t. Anyway, I guess I didn’t even know it was a European trend, just wnat’s being sold at places like Lane Bryant and Torrid so that’s what I am buying.

I'm older now (55) and grew up in a time period where if you didn't have a bikini body, you didn't wear a bikini! I was always very thin and *could* wear a bikini but never felt like I looked great in one as I was kind of a stick. I was/am always more comfy in a one piece or tankini.

Honestly, I *don't* care what others think of me but I'm still of a mind that if you have a fat gut (and I've got one now), I don't want to have it out and exposed. That's just me. I'm not into it. Many people don't care. I've seen huge women in bikinis. They don't bother me. I'm in awe that they don't care. I just couldn't do it myself.

So, OP, wear what you think is comfy. Most people won't care about your pooch, but if it bothers you, YOU might feel self-conscious all day.
Huh. Strange. Same age and I didn’t grow up with the same teaching. Curious.
Then again, I grew up with the opinion that I posted earlier, that what strangers think means nothing to me. I don’t live by judgement of others. Maybe that’s the difference.

I am considerably overweight, but even when more of a normal size, I have preferred shorts and a top/tank.
My most recent suit is a rash guard with black shorts made out of swim material.
I like that I don't need a cover-up.
Helps with sun exposure as well.

Nearing 40 with 4 kids and I'm a plus sized gal. Wear what you want and what you are comfortable in. It's your body and nobody else's business what you wear or how you look. I wear a tankini with swim shorts. I have tried on a bikini though and would have bought it if I had liked it.

Last year I wore a bikini for the first time in 20 years. I absolutely loved the fabric and it wasn't available in a one piece or tankini. I was going to let it go, but my kids (17, 12, 10) encouraged me. At those ages, they're usually embarrassed by the mere existence of parents, so I bought the bikini. No one at the pool screamed, hid, or tried to claw their eyes out, so I've accepted that as evidence that I was the only one being critical of my imperfections.

I've seen all kinds at pools all over - Disney or not. Go with what YOUR comfortable wearing, its not like your going to see any of those people ever again anyway. ;) (And when I get into a bathing suit I get some side-eyed glances because my ink is no longer covered up, but since none of it is offensive/crude, my attitude is :confused3, unless your my employer I really could care less.)

Huh. Strange. Same age and I didn’t grow up with the same teaching. Curious.
Then again, I grew up with the opinion that I posted earlier, that what strangers think means nothing to me. I don’t live by judgement of others. Maybe that’s the difference.

I'm sure that's completely the difference.

What I wear is more in this style (different patterns/colors) and I wear a bikini top under the rash guard for support.
https://www.torrid.com/product/blue-zip-rash-guard/11621542.html#q=rash+guard&start=1

Love Torrid swimsuits for plus size. I have a skater dress one piece suit that I love, but I wore it while pregnant and it's a bit stretched. So bought a new 2 piece that I love. Has a high halter neck so my boobs stay in place and high waist brief top bottoms. I was a little leary of the non skirt like or short like bottoms, but they actually look pretty good, and they feel awesome. I'm looking at getting one of Torrids rash guard shirts too, but wanted to see how this suit fit for sizing before buying the shirt.

A tankini is your best bet - and own it! I also like swim shorts with the built in pantie and a swim-suit top. I like all the separates that Lands End carries.
Before I was plus sized, I loved my Lands End suit...it looked like a tank top and shorts

I wear a bikini under a rash guard (very pale, easy to burn skin). In evenings I will just wear the bikini or a tankini depending on what is dry. I hate wearing a one piece just in case of bathroom trips, I hate pulling on and off a wet swimsuit!

I have a similar issue. I wear tankinis with a long sleeve rashguard over it. Also helps with sunburn.

Agreeing with many others here that whatever makes you feel comfortable, wear that. We look at ourselves in the mirror before work every day, think about what we'll wear and how we look and at the end of the day, can you remember what any of our co-workers wore or how they looked? Not likely.

I would go with what you are comfortable in. I wear a tankini and swim shorts. I have chubby thighs, so I'm more comfortable in shorts of some sort. As others have mentioned, this also makes bathroom breaks less challenging (I hate trying to put a wet one-piece back on! ). I found a place called "swimsuits for all" that has some great options in both one and two pieces. They show the suits on a variety of sized models, so you can see what they really look like. And their prices are pretty reasonable, especially if you can catch a sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter