Pop Century Buildings Question...

SpinDocMama

Earning My Ears
Hi! I have a question about which building to request in Pop Century (I know they are not guaranteed and I'm debating paying for a preferred room, which I posted about in another question). You can also just give the pluses and minuses of each building or other info you think I should know. I read some on the "disney dad" blog and I've looked at Tripadvisor, but this seems like the place to be for Disney questions, so here I am... I figured you might be able to respond to our family needs/preferences specifically...

The #1 complaint I keep seeing about Pop is all of the walking... To be honest, that didn't really bother us last year... It was our first time, and we stayed at the Swan and easily walked to Epcot and Boardwalk... we have 2 boys ages 7 and 4, we brought no stroller and grownups each carried a backpack. But maybe Pop is a different "beast" so to speak? Here are the things I hope for: (1) access to the pool, and we are staying in April so I worry the "Hippy Dippy Pool" won't be finished in time; (2) cool theming for the boys; (3) not too much noise; (4) access to either AofA food court and/or the Pop food court... I guess my question is, what's the LONGEST walk people get? I'm not sure it would bother us...

Thanks in advance... I have so many other questions (Star Wars, our first time on the Dining plan, fastpasses, oh my!), but I'm going to do a little research on my own on these boards first...

We stayed there once, standard room. Got 80's building.
It was about as far from the main lobby building, and pool, as one could get.
I hated the location. Would have been perfectly fine for someone who drove, there was a parking lot right outside the door. But we fly and used the buses. Another 10 min walk to our room was torture. And forget walking back for a drink or something. Who wants a 20 min trip, plus time to stand in the lines, just for a beverage. We got what we wanted on the way in from the buses or we went without.
I never see me returning to Pop but if something happened and I did, it wouldn't be in a standard room unless I drove.

We have stayed at the Pop a fair amount, and done well with location and walks. We book a standard room and make our only request "close to the lobby" we usually end up in the 70s section in the non preferred rooms. It has worked out fine for us. If you don't mind the walks you mentioned, you should be more than fine.

I've stayed in most of the buildings here and have no issues with any. However, we love the standard rooms in the 70s section because it is a VERY short walk to the lobby and food court. Those are considered "preferred" buildings but they have standard rooms in them.

I like the 60s and 70s buildings, both have standard rooms. Nice and centrally located. We never have a car, so I don't need to be close to the parking lots.

If you want something that meets ALL of your criteria, your best bet is requesting either building 3, 4 or 5. Building 4 and 5 are the 60's section, and if you get a lake view room in either of these buildings it'll be pretty quiet and still have fairly quick access to Classic Hall and equidistant to AoA's food court. Building 3 is in the 50's section on the lake side - you have the Bowling pool right there and it's not a long walk to Hippy Dippy.

You can get pool view standard rooms in building 3, and the bowling pool isn't nearly as busy as the Hippy Dippy (though it may be busy if they're still fixing up Hippy Dippy).

Standard view rooms in bldg 4 and 5 are generally the ones overlooking the inside paths (not lake or pool view), so if you don't mind the view they meet all your other criteria. If a view is important, it's worth springing for the preferred rooms (lake view and Pool view) in 4 or 5.

Pop might be the most compact of the Value resorts. Preferred Pool "View" even with the pool closed will put you about midway betseen Classic Hall and the Skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter