Pop century, CSR, or CBR

llbell

Earning My Ears
I would love to get some opinions on whether I should stay at Pop, CSR, or CBR for a 4 night trip In late September. All 3 seem to be close in price and within my budget. I have stayed at CSR and enjoyed the grounds and room. I have never stayed at a value but heard that pop century was great. Can anyone shed some light on the recent renovations and construction on the resorts and the new skyliner transportation system? Does it cause a lot of disruption? Thanks in advance.

CSR = Main pool and all area around it will be closed, construction of over water restaurant in lake, construction of tower and room renovations.

CBR = Construction of the large Gondola Station, construction of the main building and restaurant ... may still be eating in a tent and food truck.

POP = Newly renovated room at that point, gondola station at bridge in lake.

I think it really depends on how much time you plan to spend at the resort.

If it were me, and I had to choose among those three ... I'd likely pick POP unless I could get one of the others with a rate close to POP's. I just don't see the value in CSR with the main pool out of commission, and CBR with the main hub and food areas out of commission PLUS the construction on the gondola situation is huge.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm

I would cross CBR off your list, it's a very big resort, so it is a pain when you want to go to the food court/tent and there still construction going on.
CSR I don't know too much about how much construction is going on their (besides the club level buildings) but if the main pool is closed then I wouldn't
POP, if it is MUCH cheaper, go for it. They only have construction by the Generation Gap Bridge and the 50s section, and the 50s construction might be close to done by the time you get there.

CBR = Construction of the large Gondola Station, construction of the main building and restaurant ... may still be eating in a tent and food truck.

POP = Newly renovated room at that point, gondola station at bridge in lake.

I think it really depends on how much time you plan to spend at the resort.

If it were me, and I had to choose among those three ... I'd likely pick POP unless I could get one of the others with a rate close to POP's. I just don't see the value in CSR with the main pool out of commission, and CBR with the main hub and food areas out of commission PLUS the construction on the gondola situation is huge.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm
Going along those same lines, because these two are my two choices for NEXT August. I really want to stay at CBR but I am hesitant to book my rooms (we need 2) due to the construction. Food area is not a big deal. We don't eat at the resort most of the time anyway. But I figure the construction should be done by next summer, other than the Gondola Station , and once it's done they might jack up the price.

And then another choice would be POP 2 rooms. I have never stayed at a Value. I like kids but I will be on vacation and I don't want to be overrun by a bunch of kids. I know Values tend to be a little more "kid busy".

We usually head to the parks first thing in the morning and then go back to our rooms after lunch. Rest, swim, whatever, take showers and head back to the parks later in the evening for dinner and stuff.

Going along those same lines, because these two are my two choices for NEXT August. I really want to stay at CBR but I am hesitant to book my rooms (we need 2) due to the construction. Food area is not a big deal. We don't eat at the resort most of the time anyway. But I figure the construction should be done by next summer, other than the Gondola Station , and once it's done they might jack up the price.

And then another choice would be POP 2 rooms. I have never stayed at a Value. I like kids but I will be on vacation and I don't want to be overrun by a bunch of kids. I know Values tend to be a little more "kid busy".

We usually head to the parks first thing in the morning and then go back to our rooms after lunch. Rest, swim, whatever, take showers and head back to the parks later in the evening for dinner and stuff.

Just an FYI: You aren't going to get away from lots of kids ANYWHERE. CBR has a GREAT kids pool with zero entry, slides and the water playground. They also offer the fold down bunk to sleep bigger families in rooms bigger than other moderates. It is a very popular resort for young families.

Stayed at POP over 30 times and never noticed tons of kids, that value is actually popular with adults due to the theme. We are all adults.

Just an FYI: You aren't going to get away from lots of kids ANYWHERE. CBR has a GREAT kids pool with zero entry, slides and the water playground. They also offer the fold down bunk to sleep bigger families in rooms bigger than other moderates. It is a very popular resort for young families.

Stayed at POP over 30 times and never noticed tons of kids, that value is actually popular with adults due to the theme. We are all adults.
I am being swayed towards POP or even All Star Music refurb room. It will save us a ton of money and with that difference, I can do deluxe dining. LOL

I am being swayed towards POP or even All Star Music refurb room. It will save us a ton of money and with that difference, I can do deluxe dining. LOL

Ooooo, I'd take DxDDP over a moderate any day, especially since POP has queens now.

Ooooo, I'd take DxDDP over a moderate any day, especially since POP has queens now.
Right! I always try to narrow it down to one signature dinner on each trip. Having the Deluxe would be awesome. I wouldn't have to pick. And we love to eat on vacation. I have to admit that the refurb rooms are really nice. I like the flooring in the rooms. No more carpet.

HopperFan makes great points! I agree - go with the deluxe plan and stay at POP.

I just returned from pop with the deluxe dining. It's way too much food. And my 18 percent tips were higher than what in my opinion the food was worth. If I was to do it again, I'd stay off disney, get your free breakfast at the hotel, pay a cheaper amount, then eat whatever you want when your hungry. It's hard to use a snack when you are getting a desert 3 times a day.

I just returned from pop with the deluxe dining. It's way too much food. And my 18 percent tips were higher than what in my opinion the food was worth. If I was to do it again, I'd stay off disney, get your free breakfast at the hotel, pay a cheaper amount, then eat whatever you want when your hungry. It's hard to use a snack when you are getting a desert 3 times a day.

We wouldn't use it for 3 sit down meals. We would do a breakfast, snack for lunch, and then do a Signature dinner. So we wouldn't have 3 desserts every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter