Pop Century - luggage delivery timeline

anne60

DIS Veteran
I've never used the magical express luggage delivery, but am considering it for this trip. We are scheduled to land at MCO at 10:30 am next Tuesday. I'd be interested in knowing your experiences with luggage delivery. How long did it take? Does someone have to be in the room when they deliver? If not, Is there a notification process? Thanks in advance!

No one has to be in the room and they don’t notify you when they arrive. Its usually around 4-6 hours before the luggage shows up. Last trip in May we landed at 10am but didn’t get our luggage until at least 6pm. We left for fantasmic around 530 and our bags still hadn’t arrived yet.

Luggage is typically delivered to the rooms 3-4 hours after the guest arrives at the resort. What time the plane lands, or when the passengers deplane, or when guests check in at the DME counter, etc., doesn't much play into luggage delivery.

Value resorts provide Luggage Assistance, which is more basic than Bell Services. They don't necessarily deliver as the luggage arrives, but more in periodic masses. Still pretty regularly, though; the PP's experience isn't typical.

They are currently going through a remodel and the luggage isn't delivered to Pop but is kept off site and then transferred over. The luggage team expected this to be complete in the next couple of weeks, but until then they are working on keeping up. We landed at 9:30 on Saturday and got our luggage around 4PM, which is the latest we have ever gotten it. I only asked them about it as I was worried that it didn't make it, but they were able to tell me exactly where it was and then I didn't care when we got it.

I gave the luggage team many compliments and was extremely nice when I dealt with them as I saw 3 different people tear into them when they didn't have their luggage. I understand it's frustrating to not be able to locate something, but it is not the person at the counter that has lost it and they are doing everything in their power to locate it for you, yelling at them and posting it on social media will not change that outcome!

Make sure you have everything you need for the day with you. I once returned to my room at Pop after a day at the parks to find someone else's luggage in my room. Same last name, different first name. It could have been sitting there for hours.

We have had mixed results when it comes to delivery times. Our luggage has made it to our room before we were notified the room was ready and we have waited 4-5 hours. We typically plan day one around the pool (arrive at 10am each year) and have what we need in our carry-ons (I would suggest, as mentioned above, to have what you need with you when you land), so we are not in need of the luggage being delivered before dinner. Magic Express is an awesome service and highly recommend it. We actually had more trouble (wait time) when our bags were transferred from AKL to AofA (internally). Funny thing was I could track the luggage and I knew it was on property before Bell Services. I would stress about your luggage - they do a pretty good job of getting it to you with hours of your arrival.

Don’t use the tags and just take the luggage with you on the bus to the resort. You’ll have it right at check in. How we always do it. Just get it at baggage claim and head to the bus.

We actually had more trouble (wait time) when our bags were transferred from AKL to AofA (internally).
I still "win." My luggage once took more than 11 hours to get to my room when I transferred from Pop...to Pop. Building 2 to Building 8.
Don’t use the tags and just take the luggage with you on the bus to the resort. You’ll have it right at check in. How we always do it. Just get it at baggage claim and head to the bus.
This is an option, of course. Guests should be aware that this will delay their arrival at the resort (so any three-day ADRs and FPs should be scheduled with this in mind); and it's appropriate to tip everybody who handles the luggage: Skycap if used, bus driver, bellhop.

Thanks for the responses! I've been torn whether the convenience of not having to go to baggage claim and then lug our suitcases will outweigh my stress of worrying about my luggage🤔. Since we are landing so early this trip, I think I might give it a try. As long as It's delivered before I want to go to bed, I think it will be okay.

Thanks for the responses! I've been torn whether the convenience of not having to go to baggage claim and then lug our suitcases will outweigh my stress of worrying about my luggage🤔. Since we are landing so early this trip, I think I might give it a try. As long as It's delivered before I want to go to bed, I think it will be okay.
Good decision - You will be fine on the luggage delivery time - Disney does a pretty good job of getting it to you within a reasonable time frame. The hassle of baggage claim and lugging your own bags around (we take 6 bags) - Nope! Let Disney do it for you! Have a great trip!

I still "win." My luggage once took more than 11 hours to get to my room when I transferred from Pop...to Pop. Building 2 to Building 8.
That is crazy! Maybe your luggage made a tour of Disney property while you were enjoying the parks?

The timeline is one of the reasons we bring our luggage with us. It's never a problem to leaving it at the bell desk. Just like the control I guess :P . We used the luggage transfer when we did a split stay POR to AKL. We gave the luggage out at 9:00am........as of 5pm it still hadn't arrived. I really didn't expect that long a timeline. I nicely raised this to the manager at AKL and they were very nice. My luggage appeared in 30 min.......and we got 3 extra FP's...........not losing your cool can bring some pixie dust :flower3:

Doug :goofy:

Reasonable expectations are good, too! A perk that is not personalized but is availaproperty-wide can be expected to take time.

Not to hijack the thread but does anyone have experience arriving in the later afternoon/night?

We arrive around 5 pm. We have plans to go to Disney Springs for dinner after checking in so I'm not concerned with having baggage right away. However, I would still like to see it before I go to sleep so I can brush my teeth and stuff 😂

Tips are not required, but appreciated. I'm in a scooter, require extra assistance, travel with DGD and do have the driver store and remove luggage underneath. My tip is $5 to $20. Honestly I base it on how helpful as,well as friendly they are.

Not to hijack the thread but does anyone have experience arriving in the later afternoon/night?

We arrive around 5 pm. We have plans to go to Disney Springs for dinner after checking in so I'm not concerned with having baggage right away. However, I would still like to see it before I go to sleep so I can brush my teeth and stuff 😂
Luggage should be in your room three to four hours after you arrive at the resort. If your flight arrived at five, luggage should arrive by about 10:30.

Whenever you fly, you should always always always always always pack your carry on with everything you will need for the first 24 hours at your destination.

My personal rule of thumb is if we land any time after 2pm we grab our luggage and bring it on the bus with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!