Pop Century or Art of Animation little mermaid room

Help I can't decide. We had a not so magical vacation Sept 2018 during hurricaine Irma. It was very hot, very busy and very expensive. We stayed at the YC whuch was amazing. However I am attempting a November 2018 do-over just my 7 yr old daughter and I. I have 2 nights at Port Orleans roal room river view and can't decide 5 nights at Pop Century perferrd room or Little mermaid room at AoA. Thought is they may release free quick service and its more convenient. Yes we spend a lot of time at the resort and pool. Im not going crazy organizing this trip. More relaxed but definitaly wish to go to the Very Merry night at Magic Kingdom. I hope to hear some thoughts please. Is it worth the free meal and easier convience or the beauty of AoA.

Little Mermaid rooms likely won't be included in free dining.

We have stayed at both Pop at AoA LM. I really disliked the walk from the LM rooms. It's a very long way after a long day in the parks. That said, it's a gorgeous resort, and I would probably suck it up and do it once with a young daughter along.

A split stay between a Royal Room and a LM room really sounds perfect. She's at a great age for that.

I stayed with my 7 year old daughter in the little mermaid room last spring break. She loved the pool and the room. She was fully living out a fairytale dream and was totally into the theming. She wore a mermaid bathing suit and had a mermaid autograph pillowcase.

It was a very long walk though to the bus stop and food court. We had a car and could park right outside our room so I found it easier to drive to the theme parks then walk to the bus. It was raining during parts of our trip and we did not like how far we had to walk in the rain.

I love the grounds at Pop just as much as AofA. Anyways, you can always walk around AofA and take photos, eat at the foodcourt, take the bus, etc... You just can't swim there.

I'd go for the savings at Pop. Plus Pop will have newly refurbished rooms.

With a little girl I always recommend a Little Mermaid room. That's really the perfect match for that section. I'm surprised they didn't make a single room section more geared toward boys.

The walk didn't bother us, but we weren't going back and forth to the food court.

I would prefer Pop, as they are completing the room renovations to include queen beds rather than double, I like their food court a lot, and they are adding coffee makers in the rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter