Pop Century Room Renovations

Just configured my touring plans room request fax, I also want building 9 renovated room. I normally fax my own, but our office is having weird going-ons with our fax so figured I'd just let them since I pay for the subscription anyways. I'm so excited, 49 days! Cannot wait to hear that the 80's buildings are open and people are in them!

My understanding is that cots are no longer available. If you plan on using a cot at Pop I would highly recommend contacting them to see if they are still available to rent.

My understanding is that cots are no longer available. If you plan on using a cot at Pop I would highly recommend contacting them to see if they are still available to rent.

They are no longer available. And there's no way to contact Pop directly, only the call center which will only be guessing when they answer.

Really? I was hoping to call before check-in to request a refurb room. Bummer. Is this (407) 938-4000 just a general number?

Yes. Every number you can find for every WDW resort routes to a Central Call Center. Even when you press the Front Desk button on the phone in your resort room it also routes to the Call Center.

Just call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. It's still the best way.

Wondering this as well. Or at least the width / length of the area in front of the window to see what will fit there.

Somewhere in this thread there is a post from someone who did the measurements. I remember that the distance between the bed and the window is 50". I don't remember the exact length of the space but I remember that the dimensions were big enough for a twin air mattress *but* it will partially block the door. I don't have time to look for the exact post right now but I might be able to look for it later this afternoon.

Somewhere in this thread there is a post from someone who did the measurements. I remember that the distance between the bed and the window is 50". I don't remember the exact length of the space but I remember that the dimensions were big enough for a twin air mattress *but* it will partially block the door. I don't have time to look for the exact post right now but I might be able to look for it later this afternoon.

Found it! Page 81 in case anyone else is looking for that info. :hippie:

Dear Onsite Reporters: Just another request for any posters currently at POP or checking in soon - if you get a chance, please update us on construction progress. Still heavy construction in 9 or 7? Or are they really close to opening? Any work starting in the 70s? Anxious readers want to know, and anything you can share will be greatly appreciated!

Everyone have a great trip!

Dear Onsite Reporters: Just another request for any posters currently at POP or checking in soon - if you get a chance, please update us on construction progress. Still heavy construction in 9 or 7? Or are they really close to opening?

Three things:

1. As of last evening, building 9 looks totally ready to open--all the punch lists have been pulled from all the windows:
Building Nine Ready to Go  Refurbed Room Disney's Pop Century Resort from **************.net.JPG

2. I did not see yesterday or this morning any evidence that another building was starting.

3. I stayed in a refurbed room last night, and just posted a photo tour with more than 40 images. I don't think I posted anything new, but it is all in one place. TOS won't let me link to it, but anyone else can!

Three things:

1. As of last evening, building 9 looks totally ready to open--all the punch lists have been pulled from all the windows:
View attachment 255048

2. I did not see yesterday or this morning any evidence that another building was starting.

3. I stayed in a refurbed room last night, and just posted a photo tour with more than 40 images. I don't think I posted anything new, but it is all in one place. TOS won't let me link to it, but anyone else can!

Here's the link. :)

Thanks for all the measurements....especially the one that finally confirms that the second bed is indeed a queen. :)

Last edited:
Thanks! Sure hope i get a refurb room next month!

Ahh I so want one of those refurbished rooms. I can't remember if I've asked before but we are going end of September, for my online check in would my best bet at getting a refurbished room be to just request the 90's?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter