Pop Century Room Renovations

We have only been here a couple nights and I have barely seen anyone working anywhere. This morning I did see some workmen at bldg 7. We are in 8 and it's been quiet.
The Murphy bed has been so convenient each morn I just push it up. There's only 2 of us but nice for my 18 yr old daughter and I to have room. I wasn't sure I would still like Pop since been a while since stayed here and last couple times been at yacht club. 10 nights there would have been too expensive this time. Habemt had chance to use pools since rain and too cool for me.

But the MK resorts ( GF & Poly) do have alternate transportation to MK. Either monorail or boat. And CR you can walk. WL has boat or bus. So imo these resorts should still have bus service in addition to skyway.

But none of the MK resorts (other than WL) have an option other than the monorail to get to Epcot, right?

But none of the MK resorts (other than WL) have an option other than the monorail to get to Epcot, right?
That's true. Except when monorail is on modified schedule which happens more often than it should then you have to take the bus.

Three things:

1. As of last evening, building 9 looks totally ready to open--all the punch lists have been pulled from all the windows:
View attachment 255048

2. I did not see yesterday or this morning any evidence that another building was starting.

3. I stayed in a refurbed room last night, and just posted a photo tour with more than 40 images. I don't think I posted anything new, but it is all in one place. TOS won't let me link to it, but anyone else can!
Thank you for the most excellent photo tour!

Ahh I so want one of those refurbished rooms. I can't remember if I've asked before but we are going end of September, for my online check in would my best bet at getting a refurbished room be to just request the 90's?

Your best chance of getting a refurbished room would be to make "Refurbished Room" your only request.

If you say 90's and there isn't a room available the room assignment CMs won't know why you chose 90's and they could pop (pun intended ;)) you anywhere.

Just checked in this morning. Assigned a renovated room but not ready yet. Said 80s was not opening tomorrow. They started housekeeping opt out test here today. Got $180 for our 13 night stay.

Can we only opt-out ? I don't mind taking out my trash and stopping for towels, but I would like one change of sheet for our 13 nights stay.

Very interesting since the Union that represents all of Disney Housekeepers say they put a stop to the program.

I was actually going to tag you in my post to see if you had any insight.

I'm very surprised to say the least.

And my original Decline Housekeeping thread was closed due to it going WAY off the rails so no further discussion there. :sad2:

I was actually going to tag you in my post to see if you had any insight.

I'm very surprised to say the least.

And my original Decline Housekeeping thread was closed due to it going WAY off the rails so no further discussion there. :sad2:

Do you think Disney is going to push the envelope and try to throw this out at a new resort, and make the Union negotiate every single time? I am assuming this is just a side agreement (and maybe just AllStars) and not attached to contract as yet. The last two contracts were 2010 and 2014 ... and I just looked at the Contract, it's good until 2019 ...

Honestly, breezing through their contract, I wonder how this is even implemented since there are set number of rooms, set pay scales, set time frames etc to process. What does it mean if you have less rooms, what does it mean if you have all week long dirty rooms?

Last edited:
Do you think Disney is going to push the envelope and try to throw this out at a new resort, and make the Union negotiate every single time? I am assuming this is just a side agreement (and maybe just AllStars) and not attached to contract as yet. The last two contracts were 2010 and 2014 ... and I just looked at the Contract, it's good until 2019 ...

As much as I was in favour of the program (and we would absolutely take advantage of it if put in place) it would certainly be a really crappy move on Disney's part - but sadly not surprising.

We are going to be there the week of Oct 15th. We have 2 preferred pool rooms booked. If I understand correctly, that means they are in the 60's building. We will have 2 kids and 2 adults in each room.

We are trying to decide if it is worth it to change our reservation to maybe get a preferred room or keep our current rooms. Any thoughts?

We have the same room booked. We've always booked a standard room, this is the first time we decided to go for preferred pool view due to location. We've decided to keep our room for several reasons. We like the location. I prefer the large closet to the smaller refurbished closet as we're there 9 nights and with all the new cubbies, I still prefer a standard large closet. I also prefer to have a table all the time. It's our dumping ground.

My youngest son is also happy to get the non-refurbished room for old-time sake. He's the sentimental one in our family! Lol

Will be staying at Pop the end of Sept. Hope to get a refurbished room. What does the schedule look like for the 70's section? I like it better than the 90's section.

Will be staying at Pop the end of Sept. Hope to get a refurbished room. What does the schedule look like for the 70's section? I like it better than the 90's section.

I feel it's really too hard to tell at this time. The second section I'd roons was rumoured to open tomorrow (approx 7 weeks after the first block of rooms were opened) but now we're hearing that may not happen.

I think the only thing we can say with confidence is that the refurbishments are taking longer than we anticipated when the renos started and the lust of tasks was posted on room windows. I have a feeling they're going to be filing for an extension on this project.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter