Pop Century Room Renovations

I'd rather have the original closet size back instead of a useless ironing board.
The rooms have always had an ironing board. The closet for optionally extends outside the closet, for guests hanging more clothes than will fit in the cubby. Most hotel "closets " waste spce.
Speaking of the shower, when all the rooms are done, there will be no tubs at Pop
Incorrect. Now, and once the refurbishment is complete, some rooms will have only showers. Most rooms will continue to have tub/shower combinations. It's not like Disney is going to turn around and remove all the tubs. If that were true, they'd be doing it during the refurbishment.
None of the outlets under the TV worked.
What happened when you reported the problem to maintenance? Nobody can fix a problem they don't know exists.

I'm in Canada so I don't have our bands yet. If that matters.

Oh, yes. That is the online check in that section. I didn't want to bypass the check-in desk at the hotel, so I can't fill out that section.

Even if you do online check-in you can still go to the front desk, I have. Some even go even if they have been texted a room, if they aren't happy with location and want to try to change it.

Your room is assigned days out, so online requests will help guide them to what you want and maybe it will be perfect. When you wait until you get there they will have already assigned you, but with no regards to your wants.

But if you plan to pay with cash ... then you don't want to do online. They will charge your CC and I've usually been charged around 6 am.

Have had a renovated room, three times now, and every time we had a tub ... when I wanted a shower. Maybe it would do them good to add that to the request list.

Just thinking out loud .... someone correct me if wrong .... the room requests are located in the online check-in section? The only way to do online check-in is to add a credit card because they will charge your room the morning of arrival ... allowing them to send you a room number.

If you aren't putting a CC on your account or have the dining plan .............. do you still need a PIN?
I’m not sure if you have to have one but we have always had one. I guess idk if that’s their issue or not. Maybe they are just having a glitch?

The rooms have always had an ironing board. The closet for optionally extends outside the closet, for guests hanging more clothes than will fit in the cubby. Most hotel "closets " waste spce.

Incorrect. Now, and once the refurbishment is complete, some rooms will have only showers. Most rooms will continue to have tub/shower combinations. It's not like Disney is going to turn around and remove all the tubs. If that were true, they'd be doing it during the refurbishment.

What happened when you reported the problem to maintenance? Nobody can fix a problem they don't know exists.
The extended part of the closet fits three or four hangers and pulls out very easily. Nice in theory, stinks in execution.

When I reported the non working outlets to "disney services", I was told it would be taken care of the next day. It wasn't. It wasn't worth the effort on my part to pursue it since we didn't need the outlets. They were informed of the issue and didn't fix it. Not my problem.

Oh, yes. That is the online check in that section. I didn't want to bypass the check-in desk at the hotel, so I can't fill out that section.
Just because you do online check in doesn’t mean you bypass the front desk. It just gives them your room requests. I’m from Canada and I did online check in last trip and for this upcoming trip but I’ll still go to the front desk to pick up my magic bands.

Just because you do online check in doesn’t mean you bypass the front desk. It just gives them your room requests. I’m from Canada and I did online check in last trip and for this upcoming trip but I’ll still go to the front desk to pick up my magic bands.
American guests can bypass the front desk if they do online check in, receive their room number via text and are happy with the location.

Thank you!

Just to specify they MAY be able to Bypass The Front Desk. Not all are able to.

And even if you get the room number, you can still go to the front desk if you want. No one is standing at the entrance checking to see if you got a text and if so saying "Sorry. You can't come in. Go to your room."

Just to specify they MAY be able to Bypass The Front Desk. Not all are able to.

One of my most recent trips I went to the front desk because I wasn't sent a room number. No big, this allowed me to make sure I was happy with room assignment.

The priceless part was I got my room number notification at 11 pm .... our last night ............. about 5 nights too late.

Good thing we were in the right room. ::yes::

One of my most recent trips I went to the front desk because I wasn't sent a room number. No big, this allowed me to make sure I was happy with room assignment.

The priceless part was I got my room number notification at 11 pm .... our last night ............. about 5 nights too late.

Good thing we were in the right room. ::yes::
Omg what the heck lol. That’s weird!
We always go to the check in desk anyway to get our buttons to wear and a map.

Is building 3 (50's) scheduled to be renovated?
All buildings are scheduled to be refurbished. They are currently working on Building 6 (70's section) and Building 5 (60's section). So far it has taken 10 months to (almost) complete the first 50% of the rooms. There is no real dates as to when each building will be reached.

Post 2 on Page 1 of this thread provides historical refurbishment dates for each building.

Bus we caught to rope drop DHS on November 26 arrived at 7:50 for a 9 AM open. They usually start running 90 minutes before because people have pre park open ADRs.

So I stopped by the front desk again, asked about bus timing again, specifically HS for the next morning (opens at 9am). She consults the same handy pamphlet, notes the "45 min before park opens" clause and says 8:15am. I say, what if you have a PPO ADR for 8:15am? She says, let me double check with a manager. She does and then says for all PPO ADRs, there is a 6:45am bus. I ask if that is the only bus that early, and she says either the 6:45am or the 8:15am bus. Quite the range, I would say. She also notes that they might check to see if you do in fact have a PPO ADR that morning before they let you board the bus. Why would they care if you had a PPO ADR or not, you're just using the resort transportation to get you there in time for rope drop???

I give up.

So I stopped by the front desk again, asked about bus timing again, specifically HS for the next morning (opens at 9am). She consults the same handy pamphlet, notes the "45 min before park opens" clause and says 8:15am. I say, what if you have a PPO ADR for 8:15am? She says, let me double check with a manager. She does and then says for all PPO ADRs, there is a 6:45am bus. I ask if that is the only bus that early, and she says either the 6:45am or the 8:15am bus. Quite the range, I would say. She also notes that they might check to see if you do in fact have a PPO ADR that morning before they let you board the bus. Why would they care if you had a PPO ADR or not, you're just using the resort transportation to get you there in time for rope drop???

I give up.
I don’t think she had any idea what she was talking about.

So I stopped by the front desk again, asked about bus timing again, specifically HS for the next morning (opens at 9am). She consults the same handy pamphlet, notes the "45 min before park opens" clause and says 8:15am. I say, what if you have a PPO ADR for 8:15am? She says, let me double check with a manager. She does and then says for all PPO ADRs, there is a 6:45am bus. I ask if that is the only bus that early, and she says either the 6:45am or the 8:15am bus.

They don't run as often, but they do run pretty regularly from 6:30AM until they ramp up to full service 1 hour before park opening.

Quite the range, I would say. She also notes that they might check to see if you do in fact have a PPO ADR that morning before they let you board the bus. Why would they care if you had a PPO ADR or not, you're just using the resort transportation to get you there in time for rope drop???

We've probably taken 30-40 PPO bus rides over the years and never once have been asked, or seen another guest asked, for proof of an ADR. The CM you spoke with was taking some liberties with details they were not familiar with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter