Pop Century Room Renovations

Not sure about detergent, I'm just going to bring some in a ziploc, but someone posted that all laundry is card operated now, no more coins.

Can we use laundry pods instead of powder? Or are they a special type of washer machine that only uses the powder?

Academy Sports. Suction cup Warning flag ..... attach to bed corners.

10823814.jpg
OMG lol

I have been a member of TP for 10 years and have used their fax request on numerous occasions without once getting the room I requested or anywhere near it. If you could please let me know what you say in your request to get a room at least close to what you want. I know there is never a guarantee for a specific room but mine haven't even been in the same building.

Thanks for your help!

I'll request a specific room that's my "ideal" location, but I just hope for something close by. I also include some basic information in the "notes" section. I'll indicate why we requested the specific room (close to transportation & food court, first floor, off the main hallway....whatever applies) and indicate that while the room I requested would be perfect, we would be happy with any room in that general area. I've only used TP faxing service twice but both times we got the room right next door to the one we requested. I think some of the success has to do with how many rooms are available that "generally" fit the request. For example, my last request was for a specific room on the first floor of Nemo Building 5 at AoA. I requested a room on a specific hall and while my "ideal" room included a lake view, that wasn't a make or break detail (and I indicated that in my notes). There were a total of 12 suites on that hallway, 6 of them with a lake view. I requested 5522 and we got 5520 (lake view). I had briefly listed the things that were important to us for that room request in order of importance: Building 5, first floor, off the main hallway, lake view. We had paid for the Nemo location, so at least we knew we were guaranteed to be in one of those buildings, but we *really* wanted Building 5 so we would be close to the food court.

I'm staying end of April/Early may and Pop sent me this information... "In addition, Bowling Pool will be unavailable due to routine maintenance. During this time, we invite you to make a splash at Hippy Dippy Pool, our feature pool. All other Resort services will remain in full operation."

I'm having Touring Plans request me the 70s building... that should be renovated by may and keeps me away from the 50s.

Sounds like a plan right?

I'm staying end of April/Early may and Pop sent me this information... "In addition, Bowling Pool will be unavailable due to routine maintenance. During this time, we invite you to make a splash at Hippy Dippy Pool, our feature pool. All other Resort services will remain in full operation."

I'm having Touring Plans request me the 70s building... that should be renovated by may and keeps me away from the 50s.

Sounds like a plan to me. The 70's rooms are already finished so you should be good as far as a renovated room goes. And being in the 70's puts you close to the Computer Pool in case the Hippy Dippy pool is overcrowded with people from the 50's section since that pool will be closed.

Here now! In building 7 (80s theme), same as last time... only this room has a tub, connecting door, and room layout is flipped. The shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispensers have been installed here, too.
Off to FOP :yay:

Hmm. I am there mid May and no email. Maybe they plan to be done by my date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter