Pop Century Room Renovations

We requested 80s and first floor and scored both!

I am incredibly impressed with this room. The storage space is amazing. There are beaucoup plugs and USB ports. They replaced the squatty safes with elongated ones so you can fit laptops and iPads in there. They have rainhead showers. The mini fridge has a clear front so you don’t forget stuff (am I the only one who puts a brand new Diet Coke in there the first day and leaves it?) And the lighting... gone is the dingy orangey lighting of the Values. There’s so much lighting in these rooms that you can light it up like Vegas if you want to.

I am sold on these rooms. For $95 a night, I can’t believe we got this kind of quality. These prices are probably going to skyrocket once they are done renovating.

Here now! In building 7 (80s theme), same as last time... only this room has a tub, connecting door, and room layout is flipped. The shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispensers have been installed here, too.
Off to FOP :yay:

Ha! We must be neighbors. We’re in Building 7 as well.

I am incredibly impressed with this room. The storage space is amazing. There are beaucoup plugs and USB ports. They replaced the squatty safes with elongated ones so you can fit laptops and iPads in there. They have rainhead showers. The mini fridge has a clear front so you don’t forget stuff (am I the only one who puts a brand new Diet Coke in there the first day and leaves it?) And the lighting... gone is the dingy orangey lighting of the Values. There’s so much lighting in these rooms that you can light it up like Vegas if you want to.

I am sold on these rooms. For $95 a night, I can’t believe we got this kind of quality. These prices are probably going to skyrocket once they are done renovating.

We’re going February 27 and without the play,stay,dine package it would’ve been $177/night. I never actually figured out how much it is per night with the package.

$95 a night??? I'm jealous!!!!

$95 a night??? I'm jealous!!!!

Heading down next week, we are paying $95. It's about what I've paid the last few trips. I think it's a good price but if the completed renovation and gondola shoot the prices up there, I'll sadly move on.

Heading down next week, we are paying $95. It's about what I've paid the last few trips. I think it's a good price but if the completed renovation and gondola shoot the prices up there, I'll sadly move on.
It’s $177/night when we will be there.

It’s $177/night when we will be there.

:eek: ouch

We paid $200 just for NYE night last year because we expected to be drinking but the drink lines were so long we didn't really ... could have driven but most hotels were that high.

I've stayed over 30 times, never paid more than around $130 a night. Are you there President's Week? I've gone the first and the last week in February, with lower rates.

Just keep rubbing it in, Hopperfan. :duck:

Are those promo or AP rates? My wife did upgrade to an AP earlier this week. Just in time to "not" take advantage of the inevitable increase in rates as a result of the renovations and gondola system. Ha!

Just keep rubbing it in, Hopperfan. :duck:

Are those promo or AP rates? My wife did upgrade to an AP earlier this week. Just in time to "not" take advantage of the inevitable increase in rates as a result of the renovations and gondola system. Ha!

I actually booked it with the general public discount. When AP rates came out (and they can be much better than even the published percentage) there were no rooms available at POP my dates. They did have them at AllStars. Sports was only $76 but I decided to stay put and hope for a renovated room. I checked a couple times for more AP rooms but then stopped, I was content with my rate.

Hopefully next trip you can find a great AP deal. I know I've seen some good ones at moderates and AKL this last year.

Just left Pop Century this morning and we liked the renovated room very much, but the plug-in in the bathroom by the sink was sealed up and would not accept a plug nor would the one just outside the bathroom area on the wall under the hanging pegs. Tis meant in order to dry my hair I had to plug in by the dresser a long way from the mirror, and with no way to shut the door to cut down the noise. Is this true in all the rooms or just the one we stayed in?

:eek: ouch

We paid $200 just for NYE night last year because we expected to be drinking but the drink lines were so long we didn't really ... could have driven but most hotels were that high.

I've stayed over 30 times, never paid more than around $130 a night. Are you there President's Week? I've gone the first and the last week in February, with lower rates.
Yeah it’s pretty bad. No we will be there feb 27-March 4. I haven’t figured out why it’s so expensive. I don’t think there is much going on. Seems really high for a value resort.

I’m staying Feb 10-16 at POP and it’s 177 for a Preferred Pool View then moving to Movies for Friday night and it’s 199 for a Preferred View, non- pool and I probably won’t get a renovated room because of the Preferred pool view since building 5 is being worked on and 4 hasn’t started yet. Oh well. When I booked there was nothing available through Disney, felt lucky to find a room through a travel agent.

We're paying $177 for our night in 3 weeks. $95 would have been awesome.
I completely agree with you! I would've stayed way longer if it was $95 a night! We ended up getting the PSD package otherwise we would've been paying the $177 for a Standard room.

Just left Pop Century this morning and we liked the renovated room very much, but the plug-in in the bathroom by the sink was sealed up and would not accept a plug nor would the one just outside the bathroom area on the wall under the hanging pegs. Tis meant in order to dry my hair I had to plug in by the dresser a long way from the mirror, and with no way to shut the door to cut down the noise. Is this true in all the rooms or just the one we stayed in?
Our outlet by the sink was the same.

Academy Sports. Suction cup Warning flag ..... attach to bed corners.

10823814.jpg

haha! No doubt I would still run right into them.

We were in building 7 80's last week and all our outlets worked fine.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter