Pop Century Room Renovations

Not likely! I run into my food board all the time and I'm in that room every day so you'd think I could avoid it :rotfl:. I've pretty much always got bruises on my thigh!

Sounds like you need to be wearing padding.

I did hit the bed a couple times over several visits. The worse corners are the bed corner by the bathroom .. it is tight AND the murphy bed because it sticks out much farther than the regular bed.

Last edited:
We were in building 10 80's last week and all our outlets worked fine.

This is good to know! If I get a room with outlets that are plugged/blocked I'll contact guest services right away as I use a curling iron daily. One positive to it being cooler right now (we normally travel in September) is that my hair might have a chance of cooperating - at least until noon! :)

I wonder if bringing a couple of bed corner bumpers would be a good idea? I bruise easy and knowing me I'll be running into the murphy bed every time it is down...

I have a sept reservation.
Will the work be done on all the rooms by then. It would be my luck to pay an extra 100 bucks to stay there over all stars just to get an old room.

I have a sept reservation.
Will the work be done on all the rooms by then. It would be my luck to pay an extra 100 bucks to stay there over all stars just to get an old room.
Most (if not all) rooms should be completed by September. It took 10 months to complete the first 1/2 of the refurbishments. Even if the second half takes as long they should be working on the final block or 2 of rooms by then. Your chances of getting a non-refurbished room in September if you request a refurbished room should be very slim.

Re: bumps. A few(?) pages back, somebody brought a pool noodle, cut to the lengths needed, slit from top to bottom, and used it to pad the bed corners.

It's $159.50/night when we are there in September
For a Standard room? I was just surprised that it was that much per night for a Value resort. We are going in between President's Day and spring break so I thought it would be cheaper.

For a Standard room? I was just surprised that it was that much per night for a Value resort. We are going in between President's Day and spring break so I thought it would be cheaper.

Yep a standard room. We will not pay for a preferred or pool view. I'm not shocked at the price though because pricing is based on seasons, if that makes sense

These prices make me glad for an agency exclusive. I am still cringing at the cost when I know what we paid for a 3 bedroom presidencial suite at the WBC last trip. It was like 14oo sq ft and beautiful. I know POP will have its pluses and we are excited but man the prices are rising everywhere from 2016. Also miss the churning days that made everything more fun to plan.

Our outlet by the sink was the same.
Yes! We had the same problem; plug by sink was plugged. I thought I was losing my mind because I could not get my hair dryer plug to insert. I had to use the plug over the dresser as well; awkward. Even this plug shorted out and I had to choose a plug near a bed. Really strange. If we were there for more than a night I would have tried to change rooms. I'm surprised these rooms were in inventory.

Yep a standard room. We will not pay for a preferred or pool view. I'm not shocked at the price though because pricing is based on seasons, if that makes sense
Yeah I just pay for whatever room type is cheapest. Yes it makes sense that they go by season but I still don’t get why feb 27-March 4 would be so much

I actually booked it with the general public discount. When AP rates came out (and they can be much better than even the published percentage) there were no rooms available at POP my dates. They did have them at AllStars. Sports was only $76 but I decided to stay put and hope for a renovated room. I checked a couple times for more AP rooms but then stopped, I was content with my rate.

Hopefully next trip you can find a great AP deal. I know I've seen some good ones at moderates and AKL this last year.

Same. We’re AP, but the room discounts haven’t been great from what I’ve been seeing lately. We booked this back in November under a general promotion as well.

Also, our plugs have all been fine in Building 7. I would definitely let the hotel know; sometimes there are construction “leave-behinds” that they can’t know unless someone tells them.

We'll be there next week in a preferred room. First time in this resort. Any suggestions for which building to request? Many thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter