Pop Century Room Renovations

Hate to say it, knowing how so many here love the renovated rooms.:duck: But sad to say I am not a fan.

Despite doing my research and looking at multiple pictures, was disappointed. Not what I expected at all. Quality of materials used seemed lacking, felt cheap vs modern & cool vibe I had expected. Sounds seemed to amplify/echo thru the room. Probably due to lack of carpet & soft goods to muffle it.

Nice that it had a coffee pot & bathroom seemed larger than most values as to the set up, although the door was rather unusual. You couldn’t really see thru it but it made me uncomfortable.

The Murphy bed was really a bear to pull down, vs the one in AoA Nemo Suite. Even my DiL who lifts free weights had a difficult time with it. Worked out though that we actually were moved during our stay to the Nemo Suite woot!

I’m sure many do/will love it. Better have, as I was told all the value resorts would eventually get the same treatment by the head manager there. I’ll try for Music or Movies next time i need to book a value. I’d return to Pop if that’s all that was open for a night or two, but since were were there for 8 nights, was surely glad they were able to accommodate us at AoA.

Hate to say it, knowing how so many here love the renovated rooms.:duck: But sad to say I am not a fan.

Despite doing my research and looking at multiple pictures, was disappointed. Not what I expected at all. Quality of materials used seemed lacking, felt cheap vs modern & cool vibe I had expected. Sounds seemed to amplify/echo thru the room. Probably due to lack of carpet & soft goods to muffle it.

Nice that it had a coffee pot & bathroom seemed larger than most values as to the set up, although the door was rather unusual. You couldn’t really see thru it but it made me uncomfortable.

The Murphy bed was really a bear to pull down, vs the one in AoA Nemo Suite. Even my DiL who lifts free weights had a difficult time with it. Worked out though that we actually were moved during our stay to the Nemo Suite woot!

I’m sure many do/will love it. Better have, as I was told all the value resorts would eventually get the same treatment by the head manager there. I’ll try for Music or Movies next time i need to book a value. I’d return to Pop if that’s all that was open for a night or two, but since were were there for 8 nights, was surely glad they were able to accommodate us at AoA.
All Stars are starting the same refurb as Pop.

Staying at POP for the first time this July. I had been hesitant to stay here because I wasn't in love with the room decor (I am a bit of a resort snob to be honest). However the renovations look amazing! I am still figuring our the BEST room to reserve. We would like the be on the first floor in a renovated room. Which building should we pick?

Right now we have the 70's section reserved. What would you recommend? We have never stayed at this resort before. Thanks!

Would there be a better location? We will also be calling ahead because we are celebrating my second master's degree and my boyfriends first WDW trip in FOREVER!

Staying at POP for the first time this July. I had been hesitant to stay here because I wasn't in love with the room decor (I am a bit of a resort snob to be honest). However the renovations look amazing! I am still figuring our the BEST room to reserve. We would like the be on the first floor in a renovated room. Which building should we pick?

Right now we have the 70's section reserved. What would you recommend? We have never stayed at this resort before. Thanks!

Would there be a better location? We will also be calling ahead because we are celebrating my second master's degree and my boyfriends first WDW trip in FOREVER!
Just to clarify you make requests but nothing is guaranteed. You have requested 70’s section and can request the ground floor. It is recommended you only request one or 2 things as the more you request the less likely you are to get what you really want.

When are you going?

Just to clarify you make requests but nothing is guaranteed. You have requested 70’s section and can request the ground floor. It is recommended you only request one or 2 things as the more you request the less likely you are to get what you really want.

When are you going?

We are going July 14th-21st. I am more concerned about the building and less worried about the floor.

We are going July 14th-21st. I am more concerned about the building and less worried about the floor.
Pop isn't really that big so you don't have to worry too much about location. I requested 70s and top floor and got neither on my trip 2 weeks ago. I got 90s and ground floor. But it was fine. Cutting through the parking lot meant that it probably ended up taking just as little time to get to the buses as it did from the 70s. It was a bit longer to get to Classic Hall, but still not far at all- maybe 5 minutes? And the 90s is quiet because no one is passing through there. I'd requested highest floor because of noise concerns, so it worked out.

Last edited:
We requested 70s lakeview and that's what we got (on 3rd floor). It was fine. Liked the location and close to everything.

Just checked into POP. Only request we made was for a king bed. Got a renovated king connected room in the 70's building. It is beautiful !! If any one would like pictures I can post tomorrow :) Regarding the shampoo and soap, we have a dispenser, but it has bottles, not a big clear dispenser like the other pictures I have seen. Me and DH just watched the fireworks. We are very happy with our room !!

Can I ask...which floor were you on? Did you book a standard room or preferred?

Thanks!

Can I ask...which floor were you on? Did you book a standard room or preferred?

Thanks!

We booked standard. We ended up in building 6, floor 2, room 6222. The only complaint I had was that the parking space for the hotel staff tram was outside our room. The go cart sounding vehicles they use were super loud in the morning !! Other than that, no complaints :)

We would like the be on the first floor in a renovated room. Which building should we pick?
Then you should (a) keep up with post #2 in this thread to be aware whether its even nnecesary to indicate 'renovated'; (b) request - not pick, which you can't - the specific features you want; or (c) upgrade to preferred.

Does anyone know if the 60's section is totally closed? Or are some room open? I requested 60's renovated room, I arrive next Sunday. Do I need to change my requests? Thx

When you say "You were moved",was that your choice or did Disney move you for some reason?

When you say "You were moved",was that your choice or did Disney move you for some reason?

They messed up on our room assignment(s). Needed 2 rooms, only had one awaiting us at the end off the day. Resort sold out, big gymnastics competition @ ESPN & MLK weekend. We were booked thru WDW’s group reservation dept wherein you have to call in but do get standard confirmation #, etc.

What really annoyed me was we rode ME in, dropped luggage, checked in @ desk to update charging privileges then caught shuttle to car care center & off to Epcot for festival of the arts. I even verified we were in same building! Came back @ 8 pm that night and then discovered things were amiss. We had been up since 3 am that morning.

They wanted to separate us, put me in one of the values & have them keep the PoP room. It took 1-1/2 hours solid to convince them that wasn’t acceptable. :rolleyes1

They moved our luggage over the next day for us. To their credit they did refund the cost of one room & accepted payment made for the other as a wash for the Nemo Suite which was easily 2-1/2 times more costly.

Anyone know when we should expect all 50's buildings will be done?
I have a stay in December and I'm pretty sure it will be complete by then but considering a Labor Day weekend trip as well and 50's lake side is my favorite room location so just curious if it looks like it will be complete by then.

Then you should (a) keep up with post #2 in this thread to be aware whether its even nnecesary to indicate 'renovated'; (b) request - not pick, which you can't - the specific features you want; or (c) upgrade to preferred.

Thanks. We know nothing is guaranteed, and we are considering upgrading to preferred. I am not super concerned about being close to anything (we love to walk), so I am mostly just wanting to have a renovated room. Thanks for your help.

Pop isn't really that big so you don't have to worry too much about location. I requested 70s and top floor and got neither on my trip 2 weeks ago. I got 90s and ground floor. But it was fine. Cutting through the parking lot meant that it probably ended up taking just as little time to get to the buses as it did from the 70s. It was a bit longer to get to Classic Hall, but still not far at all- maybe 5 minutes? And the 90s is quiet because no one is passing through there. I'd requested highest floor because of noise concerns, so it worked out.

Awesome. I know nothing is a sure thing when you make a request! Just trying to educate myself on the layout as I am not familiar with this resort at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter