Pop Century Room Renovations

Leaving in a little over a week. I have a standard pool room with my AP discount. Hoping for the 80's section, any floor. I will call in a day or two to confirm. DD is down there doing the DCP. Can't wait to see her!! Thank you for all the updates on this thread!!

Newbie here...
I am unable to put in a room request ?
I only have the option of ground floor; higher floor;
is it too early ? ( we travel in August)
I have a preferred pool view room and would like to request which building ?

Newbie here...
I am unable to put in a room request ?
I only have the option of ground floor; higher floor;
is it too early ? ( we travel in August)

As you have found out, the room request section during Online Check In is basically worthless. It's always best to call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Oh and :welcome: to the DIS!

thanks do much
We haven't been to the parks since 2011
ALOT has changed in the process to get everything booked
( I'm scarred when it comes fast pass time !!!)

There are very few Preferred Pool view rooms so there really is no need to request a specific building. Both buildings will be open by your visit.

If you look at Post 2 on Page 1 you will see a map of the resort. On that map look for the 2 turquoise lines. These are the only Preferred Pool View rooms and you'll be able to see they're equal distance from everything you'll need.

There are very few Preferred Pool view rooms so there really is no need to request a specific building. Both buildings will be open by your visit.

If you look at Post 2 on Page 1 you will see a map of the resort. On that map look for the 2 turquoise lines. These are the only Preferred Pool View rooms and you'll be able to see they're equal distance from everything you'll need.

thanks so much ! that is right were I want to be- no request needed ! :flower1:

It's been almost a year since I've been on this thread. I didn't think we'd get to POP this year, but we are going in August. Can anyone direct me to photos of a finished room. I have been trying to scroll through some of the photos, but my eyes are going buggy.

Thanks so much.

Thanks so much, Dan. We are very excited.

The murphy bed is a queen -- is the other bed a double or queen?

I am dreaming of a vacation where my hubby and I share a bed and my kids will sleep together instead of swapping kids each night. If one is bigger than the other, I will try to convince them that their father and I should get the bigger bed. HA!

Thanks again.

Thanks so much, Dan. We are very excited.

The murphy bed is a queen -- is the other bed a double or queen?

I am dreaming of a vacation where my hubby and I share a bed and my kids will sleep together instead of swapping kids each night. If one is bigger than the other, I will try to convince them that their father and I should get the bigger bed. HA!

Thanks again.

Welcome. They are both queens.

Where do the chairs go when the bed comes down? Do they fold underneath also?

No. You just move them.
They'll fit by window,
in space between beverage station and dresser
or space between dresser and bathroom.

Last edited:
I will be checking in on May 12th with a preferred pool view does anyone know of my chances of getting a refurbished room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!