Pop Century Room Renovations

People are reporting defects in their rooms. Please take the time to call Guest Services and report this while you are there. The sooner Pop is aware of it, the sooner it can be fixed for you and the guests coming behind you. Thanks!
You're right I should have let them know while we were there. I guess we thought it wasn't a big deal so we didn't call. Shame on us! lol

I’m confused... Is building 3 done or not? The status post lists it in the completed buildings, but the time frame narration says some are still being renovated.

People are reporting defects in their rooms. Please take the time to call Guest Services and report this while you are there. The sooner Pop is aware of it, the sooner it can be fixed for you and the guests coming behind you. Thanks!

Agreed!

Especially with some of the reports sounding like a short, that is potentially a fire hazard. And a disaster waiting to happen.

I’m confused... Is building 3 done or not? The status post lists it in the completed buildings, but the time frame narration says some are still being renovated.
The last report we received is that the majority of Building 3 is completed and reopened with just a few rooms being finished up. Based on that information we updated Post 2 accordingly as we were told it's open but with a few exceptions.

We have not received any updates from those at Pop in a few weeks so we've updated as best we can based on the last information we were provided.

The last report we received is that the majority of Building 3 is completed and reopened with just a few rooms being finished up. Based on that information we updated Post 2 accordingly as we were told it's open but with a few exceptions.

We have not received any updates from those at Pop in a few weeks so we've updated as best we can based on the last information we were provided.

Thank you! I’m requesting in Building 6 for my 9/7-11 stay anyway...but with an after-midnight arrival...I’m preparing for the worst. (Like the only undone room left.)

It’s still much better odds that I get a refurbed room at POP than saving $26 to change to Movies Preferred with the AP rate.

Hi I’m new to the site posting but have been reading for a couple of years. I am an AP holder along with my wife. We just returned from 10 days at Pop this week. We were in room 4237. I don’t want to sound like I’m knocking anyone’s report just want to state our experience. We were there from 6/1 to 6/11. Rooms were great. Walked barefoot on the floor and there was no grit. Housekeeper swept it each day . I did not option to bypass HK. Rooms were laid out well. Never seen so many cubby holes at a WDW room. Building 1 seemed to be completely under renovation with signs in windows. Bldg 2 seemed to be occupied. Bridge to Animation was only open on one half. Looks like sky cars are progressing well. Landing area at DHS is getting close to being done. I was on the second floor towards the lake on the corner. Noise was no worse in the rooms than I’ve heard at any other WDW resort for the last 30 years. Anyway just my experience. Making plans for my next visit. And thanks to all that entered their reports that helped me prepare on my trip.

Hi I’m new to the site posting but have been reading for a couple of years. I am an AP holder along with my wife. We just returned from 10 days at Pop this week. We were in room 4237. I don’t want to sound like I’m knocking anyone’s report just want to state our experience. We were there from 6/1 to 6/11. Rooms were great. Walked barefoot on the floor and there was no grit. Housekeeper swept it each day . I did not option to bypass HK. Rooms were laid out well. Never seen so many cubby holes at a WDW room. Building 1 seemed to be completely under renovation with signs in windows. Bldg 2 seemed to be occupied. Bridge to Animation was only open on one half. Looks like sky cars are progressing well. Landing area at DHS is getting close to being done. I was on the second floor towards the lake on the corner. Noise was no worse in the rooms than I’ve heard at any other WDW resort for the last 30 years. Anyway just my experience. Making plans for my next visit. And thanks to all that entered their reports that helped me prepare on my trip.
Sounds like you had a great trip!

Glad You had such a good trip @Steve Chandler! Thank you for your trip report.

On another thread we are tracking if rooms have 2 Queens or 1 King plus if they have a Tub/Shower combo or only a shower. Would you mind sharing this information?

Thanks!

Did have two queens. And had a tub/shower combo. The waterfall shower was terrific.
We were in room 3238 from 6/6 to 6/10.

It would have made a huge difference to us if we had had the tub/shower combo instead of just the shower with no ledge in it.

I do have to say that the closet hanging space is the smallest ever. The little extension rod that is maybe 6-8" really does not give you that much more hanging space. (Especially if you are there in the winter with coats and sweatshirts.)

For us, regarding the pillows, I would say some were soft and the others were medium - not really firm.

What is everyone using the storage space under the safe for? Seems kind of useless. I would have rather had a big drawer there for clothes, as clothes storage seems limited.

[] I did not see the shower only so all I can attest to is the combo. It was very nice. It had a ledge above the bottle rack which held the shampoo/conditioner/body wash. It was probably over 18 inches across. I tried their shampoo and all. Seems to be good but not the brand I use. I tried to figure out how to add a picture here . I took one of the pillow tags because I liked the soft one. The other tag did say firm but I agree wasn’t really all that hard. As far as clothes rack mine had probably twenty hangers in it. We usually just hang up the next day or two at a time so it was more than enough. I also had a coat rack on the wall just outside the bath area. My guess is that would be where the adjoining room door would be if you had one. It was right above the luggage rack area. I have found that if you send a fax three days before you arrive ( early morning) that your chances of getting what you want are better. That is when they start lining out rooms.

That is true. I'd just prefer a drawer that pulls out for better access to those clothes. :-)

I guess I just got used to having all my clothes on shelves the first few years I lived in NYC. LOL. Doesn't bother me.

It could be a place to put winter coats for people from cold climates who need them for travel but not in Orlando. :)

We go next week (NEXT WEEK!!!). If I am reading this right, there is no chance of getting an old room? The two buildings not done are out of commission completely?

My only request is highest floor, but I would really like to not have an old room...so, if there is no chance of that, I will avoid a second location-specific request

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter