Pop Century Room Renovations

Update 6/15.
Bldg 2 is now completely closed for renovation.
Every one checking in from now will get a renovated room.
The signs on some of the Bldg 2 doors indicated a start date of 6/20 and a 7/18 date for turn over to resort. Not sure how long from that time to opening back up for guests.

A couple of the Bldg 1 rooms closest to Classic hall looked like all the furniture inside had been renovated and installed. One CM at the front desk said they would be opening soon.

All for now.

what are the chances of getting a preferred room if I didn't pay for one? (none were available when I booked) also I have a preferred room for my last day that I added on a couple months ago. I of course want to stay in the same room, want a refurbished room and to be close to the food court main building. What should I ask for? I have Touring plans and plan to use that for the fax room request.

Update 6/15.
The signs on some of the Bldg 2 doors indicated a start date of 6/20 and a 7/18 date for turn over to resort. Not sure how long from that time to opening back up for guests.

A couple of the Bldg 1 rooms closest to Classic hall looked like all the furniture inside had been renovated and installed. One CM at the front desk said they would be opening soon.

All for now.

We arrive 7/15 and I just updated my TP Room Request...
1. 50's
2. Close to Classic Hall
3. Building 1 or 3

I'm a happy camper!

Update 6/15.

All for now.

Awesome news! Thanks for the update! I can go edit my TP fax request now for September and take "renovated room" off my additional information request! :)

Gonna miss this thread. Looks like we are good for our Aug trip. 50s pool view, new room we hope.

what are the chances of getting a preferred room if I didn't pay for one? (none were available when I booked) also I have a preferred room for my last day that I added on a couple months ago. I of course want to stay in the same room, want a refurbished room and to be close to the food court main building. What should I ask for? I have Touring plans and plan to use that for the fax room request.
I wouldn’t count on a room upgrade if it’s not what you booked. You can always try to ask if there are any available when you show up (maybe someone will cancel) but you will probably have to pay extra.

I know I've seen it asked, and I searched and it didn't pop up, so I'm asking again.

What is the brand/model of the beds in the new rooms?

We've been needing a new mattress for a while and since we've gotten home, all DH can say is "I want the bed from Disney". LOL. Someone help me out. :rotfl:

For no cost? It is not going to happen. The resort is usually full.

Of course, in the unlikely event that a preferred room is available, you can pay the extra $.

I would keep checking on-line several times a day to see if a preferred room comes available and then you can switch it before you arrive. And, also keep checking for your entire stay. Then you could cancel the 2 ressies you have and book the whole trip as preferred.

What section should I request when checking in online? Just two of us in the standard room but would prefer something as close as possible to the lobby. Thanks

What section should I request when checking in online? Just two of us in the standard room but would prefer something as close as possible to the lobby. Thanks
Idk about the lobby but building 10 is really close to the busses.

Just arrived!

Got my text just after 1 pm for a room in building 8. I had requested only a lake view in online check in. No lake view. I didn’t want 90’s, so I went to the front desk and asked if there was anything else available.

I got building 3, lake view (gorgeous lake view on side not facing construction).

As someone else posted, all rooms are either now renovated or closed, so no need to request a renovated room any longer.

Let me know if there is anything else I can answer at this point since I’m here. With renovations coming to a close, we may finally know just about all there is to know.

:sunny:

I know I've seen it asked, and I searched and it didn't pop up, so I'm asking again.

What is the brand/model of the beds in the new rooms?

We've been needing a new mattress for a while and since we've gotten home, all DH can say is "I want the bed from Disney". LOL. Someone help me out. :rotfl:

The one in my room right now is a Sealy. Model 514874

Prototype AR04

It’s a pillow top.

“SobelDry” mattress pad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!