Pop Century Room Renovations

We liked the rennovated room, but it was quite a bit of a squeeze with 4 not-so-small adults and a baby. The larger beds were nice, though. Pop! still remains our favorite value resort.

Check-in at Pop in 3 weeks. I am tempted to including Building 1 in my request, along with Building 9 and 10, for the most recently renovated room. Should I include building 1 or not?? What would happen if I get a room in BLDG 1 while BLDG 2 is still under construction?? I have a standard room booked. TIA

We have a Standard Pool Room booked and I requested Buildings 1 or 3. Dd really wants to stay in the 50's section w/ Lady & Tramp.

Check-in at Pop in 3 weeks. I am tempted to including Building 1 in my request, along with Building 9 and 10, for the most recently renovated room. Should I include building 1 or not?? What would happen if I get a room in BLDG 1 while BLDG 2 is still under construction?? I have a standard room booked. TIA
Portions of Building 1 are open to guests. You may experience construction noise during the day as Building 2 will be under construction. If you don't mind that you'll be fine. If you prefer a quiet escape and nap during the day you could be disrupted by construction noise.

Check-in at Pop in 3 weeks. I am tempted to including Building 1 in my request, along with Building 9 and 10, for the most recently renovated room. Should I include building 1 or not??

Sure, don't see why not.

What would happen if I get a room in BLDG 1 while BLDG 2 is still under construction??

Not sure I understand what you're asking. But hopefully you'd do the happy dance as your request was granted. :dancer::dancer:

@seb65 I have stayed at both POR-FQ and the newly renovated POP rooms and I much preferred the space of the POP rooms-however I was solo both times.

Checked in last night. Room 8360. Third floor of the 90’s section. Building 8. No tub. I like the rooms so far. A lot of storage. Very clean. The room isn’t a bad walk to the buses if we just cut across the parking lot.

Checked in last night. Room 8360. Third floor of the 90’s section. Building 8. No tub. I like the rooms so far. A lot of storage. Very clean. The room isn’t a bad walk to the buses if we just cut across the parking lot.
I stayed in the 90s building the last time I was there and I really liked the updated rooms and the parking lot short cut is very convenient.

Last edited:

Did you also post this on the tracking thread? Room number, no tub, bed type? Thanks!

Did you also post this on the tracking thread? Room number, no tub, bed type? Thanks!
Thanks @kaytieeldr. I added the info to the tracking thread, post 1. Appreciate your help! :)

Are the 50s standard pool views complete in the remaining buildings? I thought I read they are working on the back areas now? 16 days!!!

Are the 50s standard pool views complete in the remaining buildings? I thought I read they are working on the back areas now? 16 days!!!
We are here now. All the rooms in building 1 and 3 facing the pool are done and opened. The rooms most of the rooms on the back side of building 1 are opened, however there is a section on the back th a t is still closed. The furniture is all in these rooms and it looks like they will open soon. We saw them painting the trim yesterday. We are here until the 18th, if they open before then, I will post. All of building 2 is closed.

Eta: we are in a standard pool view room in building 3.

Another July 6th report.

Building 1 is being worked in the back, all four floors, rooms ending in 25 though 48. On the first floor I could see them painting. All the rooms being worked have the new style room signs.

Building 1 rooms ending 01 through 24, and 49 through 72, all four floors, are in use.

Building 2 is completely closed for work. The windows are covered over with black material.

We are here now. All the rooms in building 1 and 3 facing the pool are done and opened. The rooms most of the rooms on the back side of building 1 are opened, however there is a section on the back th a t is still closed. The furniture is all in these rooms and it looks like they will open soon. We saw them painting the trim yesterday. We are here until the 18th, if they open before then, I will post. All of building 2 is closed.

Eta: we are in a standard pool view room in building 3.

Just got back from MK, and the fences that we're up blocking off the back of building 1 are down. Not sure if they will be opening them soon, but it seems that way. There are still papers on the window, and I peeked when I peeked in the windows, all the furniture is in ppace, however, no bedding on the beds yet.

Took a walk by building 1 yesterday; the back rooms ending in 25 through 48 are almost ready but still not in use by guests. On the first floor I could see the rooms in a ready state. But still some workers doing last painting and finish work.

Stayed at Pop this weekend in building 4, top floor. Loved it! Fit the pack n play between the fridge and dresser areas. Fit perfectly! My other son LOVED the murphy bed and enjoyed putting it back up every morning. Our room was clean when we got there and the reno looked great! Mattresses were comfortable. My parents were in a connecting room next to ours and loved it, too. Really my only issue with the room was they didn't tell us about skipping housekeeping when we got there (we got the text for check in but had to stop at the lobby because my parents forgot their magic bands, so they had a chance to tell us). Then we got back on our second day and housekeeping hadn't come yet (by 4/4:30pm). So I told them not to bother but asked at the lobby and they said you have to opt out on the first day so we missed our chance. I think he would have given us the gift card if we pressed, but it wasn't worth it to me. Then on day 3 when they did clean, I didn't think they did a very good job, especially with the bathroom.

It was our first time staying in Pop and we will definitely come back, though I could see staying at a moderate for better pools. I didn't love the Hippy Dippy pool. It was loud and crowded. I know there were other options but we didn't feel like walking to the other pools. I'm coming back alone with my kids in a few weeks and think I'll request an 80s room and try out that pool. My son loved the arcade. Breakfast early in the morning (7-7:30 ish) was VERY crowded. We didn't like the dinner options but the walk over to Art of Animation was easy and their cafeteria was nice. It was fun to explore over there.

Finally, the buses were a mixed bag. We came home after fireworks at Epcot on Day 1 and had to wait for a second bus because the first was packed. On day 2 we caught the bus to MK as it was leaving around 7:10-7:15 for 8am opening. IDK if that was the first bus or not. My parents took my son back to MK later in the day and the bus was departing when they saw it. My dad sprinted to catch it and everyone cheered when the driver let them on, lol. On Day 3 we went to AK and had to use Lyft because the buses weren't leaving until 7am for 8am EMH. We wanted to leave earlier to rope drop Pandora. Coming home from AK by bus around 3pm was pretty easy. We tried to go to Disney Springs around 5:30pm and the bus was another 20 mins so we used Lyft. We tried to use the bus coming home from MK late that day (like around 10:30pm) and the line was so long that we'd never make the bus, so we walked to the contemporary and used lyft. TBH we had to loop all the way back around the buses back to the main gate and then do the walk to the contemporary and then wait for a Lyft, so it might not have been faster all said and done. Finally on day 4 we wanted to rope drop Hollywood Studios and they said the first bus wouldn't come until 8 or 8:15 for 9am opening. So we took a lyft at 7:45. My parents came later and said at 8:30/845 the HS line was so long that they also took a Lyft. Coming home, however, from HS was very easy. Anyway, I'm sharing the info in case it's helpful. TLDR we had to use Lyft for a few of the early morning rope drops we did and when we were tired and didn't want to wait for a second bus to come. I wish the buses were a bit better but it was ok. OH also they were usually the furthest away at all the parks.

EDIT: oops I meant to post this in the main Pop thread,but oh well.
If you don't mind me asking you guys were a family of 5 using lyft? We are a family of 6 and used the Minnie Van service, but it was 25$ and I hear lyft is cheaper, but I am worried about seats for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter