Pop Century Room Renovations

We are all set w a reservation for April. A question that we have and I cant find the direct answer is how comfortable is the murphy bed compared to the stationary bed?

We are all set w a reservation for April. A question that we have and I cant find the direct answer is how comfortable is the murphy bed compared to the stationary bed?

IMO there isn't a difference. The murphy bed has a full normal mattress, just like the stationary bed.

In November we stayed in 8330 right after it was completed and last week we stayed in 3235. We love the renovated rooms!

Is it crazy to stay at PC even though we don't have tickets to the theme parks? I seem to be having a bad case of PC withdrawal. We are going to in the Universal area in less than a week and we have one night we don't have a hotel...

Is it crazy to stay at PC even though we don't have tickets to the theme parks? I seem to be having a bad case of PC withdrawal. We are going to in the Universal area in less than a week and we have one night we don't have a hotel...
It's not crazy at all! I've stayed at Pop when not going to the parks.

The only thing you might want to check is availability. Pop is extremely popular right now and I've had problems finding availability for even 1 night when I've wanted to stay an extra night before or after our scheduled package.

It's getting closer. I'm just working on summarizing the information plus planning the pics that will be included.

I'm heading back to Pop a week from Sunday so hoping to figure out what pictures I may still need to fill in the gaps.

Is there any information that is missing from the first few posts in the Pop thread that people would like included in a new post? I plan on devoting at least 1 post to the new room layouts.

Thanks for your patience everyone!
Well, not information missing, but - if you could speak with a manager and get a list of all the shower-only rooms...

I'm doing just this in November. I'm staying 2 nights at POP before heading to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise. We aren't going to the parks at all.

Well, not information missing, but - if you could speak with a manager and get a list of all the shower-only rooms...
lol! I’ll try but not making any promises as we’ve discovered the layout can differ from building to building. It would be so much easier if room 0110 and 1110 and 2110 all had the same Tub/shower layout but our other thread has shown this is not the case. The same room in a different building does not guarantee the same layout.

The other thread is still your best resource for now.

I did see one "pattern" - two rooms directly above/below each other both have showers only. Building six, I think?
You could be on to something here! I just did a quick scan of post 1 if the tub/shower thread and at first glance it appears that in all cases recorded, the same layout exists in the same rooms above and below in the same building.

I’ll try to keep tracking that too. Thanks for you analysis!

Hi! I just noticed that people here were saying that not all the rooms are completely renovated yet.

But I was curious if the the preferred rooms have all been completed and what buildings were done or still are still under construction.

Thanks!

Hi! I just noticed that people here were saying that not all the rooms are completely renovated yet.

But I was curious if the the preferred rooms have all been completed and what buildings were done or still are still under construction.

Thanks!

Post #2 has the most updated information.

*** SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!! ***

We are here now and I can officially announce that ALL Pop rooms are now refurbished and open to guests!!!

17 1/2 months from start to finish and may I say I think they did a great job!!

Hopefully the food court will be their next big refurb here. While it won’t be fun to live through, after visiting a couple of resorts this trip with newer food courts, Pop’s is in need of an updating for sure!

Thanks to all who have followed this thread, added information, asked questions and more. It’s been great to be amongst others whose home away from home is Pop Century!!

(Post #2 will be updated shortly.)

I am currently at Pop. First time in a renovated room. The good and the bad for us compared to old rooms:

The Good:

1. Cool Murphy bed. Kids love pulling it down.
2. Nice hardwood floor, very clean.
3. Love the bathroom mirror, sink, and storage space.
4. Shower door is beautiful. I don't like shower doors, but it undeniably looks fancier than shower curtains.
5. Shower soaps come in large refillable dispensers, reducing waste and lasts longer.
6. Shower mirror light is beautiful.
7. Fridge has glass door.
8. 2 queen beds!
9. makeup mirror has a circle of light that works as night light.

The Bad:
1. Murphy bed eliminates table. I make the kids stand outside the door to eat, holding their bowls.
2. No tub, shower only for room 7358, even though we have a toddler. DS12 deeply disappointed; wanted to soak.
3. Lack of tub made DS2 scream bloody murder when I showered him for the first time in his life.
4. both Bed boards sticks out 2 or 3 inches beyond mattress. DS2 fell of the bed and hit his head hard on the edge of the board on the first day, screamed bloody murder. The rest of the family all got hurt numerous times by rubbing or bumping against bedboard.
5. Got 2 shower sprays. Can't figure out how to use the second one, so only use the one on top.
6. Fridge holds less than old fridge. No spot for milk.
7. The 3-Mickey panel doesn't light up -- I imagined it would.
8. TV channels turned from satellite to cable or something -- lost the menu option where you can see several channel descriptions at a time. Also, the transmission is more blurry. Doesn't seem to be HD signal like it used to be. TV itself is big enough.

What I miss the most about the old room: the table. Wish they would put a small folding table next to the ironing board. I don't need anything big.

Other notes: Wifi didn't work when we first got here. Decided to complain to guest services, they transfer to Wifi tech, who told me that they will get it fixed in 45 minutes. Next morning, wifi still doesn't work. Called guest services again, the lady says there's nothing can be done about wifi problems. I said can you transfer me to Wifi tech? She said she there is no way she could do that. I said I did it last night? So she said hold on and got someone else. I said I need to talk to wifi people, she told me to dial extension 56 (but did not transfer me herself like last time.). I dialed and got the wifi tech, told me that they would work on it in the morning and I would have wifi in the afternoon. Came back in the afternoon, wifi works great!

I tried to use the bus schedule on app right after leaving room, heading for magic kingdom alone. App says bus will arrive at 2:25. It WAS 2:25! I ran all the way from the 80s to the bus stop, (the last time I ran was last year when I chased the Disney bus, I'm almost 50), I almost died, but I caught the bus!

Last edited:

We are here now and I can officially announce that ALL Pop rooms are now refurbished and open to guests!!!

Hopefully the food court will be their next big refurb here. While it won’t be fun to live through, after visiting a couple of resorts this trip with newer food courts, Pop’s is in need of an updating for sure!

Thanks to all who have followed this thread, added information, asked questions and more. It’s been great to be amongst others whose home away from home is Pop Century!!

I love that you are there during this official time seems fitting!!! Enjoy the trip!! I arrive next Saturday and cannot wait

Look at you, there for the final Grand Opening!! pixiedust: It just couldn't get better than that.

I'll make a slight change to POST #2
and await your "magical words" for the final one
AND hopefully we can add a link to the new POP Century thread later.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP! Float on a donut for me and BOO to you! :hmghost:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter