Pop Century Room Renovations

There are no preferred pool view rooms in the 70's. They are only in the 60's. Or is that why you want to change...

Yup, that's why I'm hoping other discounts come out and I will be able to change rooms. Waiting patiently for those discounts . . . .

The beverage stand looks like it could accommodate all of the stuff I usually have on the table (everything that is charging) and it even looks like something I could keep more organized BUT, I have two areas of disappointment. One is that they missed the opportunity to thrill us with either extra (table height) outlets or USB outlets. So, now I am still lugging my extension cord and power strip.

My second disappointment is the table size. OK, my son sleeping in will disrupt everyone's breakfast plans unless he is in the big bed. But the, my daughter will be the one who wants to linger under the covers. But, it would all be worth it if the table could seat four (like the suits at AoA) But I am now giving up a free standing table for two for a murphy bed table for two. Why not a slightly larger table?

The beverage stand looks like it could accommodate all of the stuff I usually have on the table (everything that is charging) and it even looks like something I could keep more organized BUT, I have two areas of disappointment. One is that they missed the opportunity to thrill us with either extra (table height) outlets or USB outlets. So, now I am still lugging my extension cord and power strip.

My second disappointment is the table size. OK, my son sleeping in will disrupt everyone's breakfast plans unless he is in the big bed. But the, my daughter will be the one who wants to linger under the covers. But, it would all be worth it if the table could seat four (like the suits at AoA) But I am now giving up a free standing table for two for a murphy bed table for two. Why not a slightly larger table?

I'll repeat it again, but photos of finished rooms can not come out quick enough, lol. Until then, we just don't know what they will look like and how close they will look the room demo, shown above.

Assuming they are accurate, I think most people know the joke about assuming something, you have some valid points. I also like the beverage stand and think they could be a very useful charging/organizing area. While the photos don't apprear to show an outlet or USB ports, I'd be shocked if the finished room doesn't have them. They have to know that lack of outlets is a real issue with the current rooms.

It also seems that the table is the biggest sticking point for a lot of people. As far as the table size, a larger table would be nice/useful, but if it were a table for four would they still only offer 2 chairs in a room. Unless they stacked somehow, these rooms can not accommodate 4 chairs. For me personally a table has never been important to me in a hotel room, but I can see and understand it is to others. My nieces probably have cereal at a table about half the days on our trips. If I had to choose between eating breakfast in the room or an extra 10 minutes of sleep, sleep will always win out, lol. For breakfasts, I prefer to bring a breakfast bar our two and eat on the way to the park.

AoA has four stools that stack. Chairs are more comfortable but I would trade them for a set of four stools in a heartbeat.

AoA has four stools that stack. Chairs are more comfortable but I would trade them for a set of four stools in a heartbeat.

???? When I was there it was four chairs with the dining room table.

Nemo and Lion King have 2 mini stools/tables in LR for coffee table or maybe seating.

INSIDE THE MAGIC
7427916360_54eb2ac96e.jpg

THE DISNEY BLOG
daar-nemo-suite-hero-500x364.jpg

DISNEY TOURIST BLOG
art-of-animation-rooms-012.jpg

Yeah, we've stayed in both Nemo & Cars at AoA, and I'd consider those to be "chairs."

Sorry, you are right they were chairs not stools. I do remember correctly that they stacked though. The could be stacked and put of to the side.

Have the refurbishments been extended or are they starting new ones? I check in 6/3 and just got an email that the resort would be under refurbishment and that some room requests may not be accommodated and that we may hear some noise. I though renovations were due to end in May???

Have the refurbishments been extended or are they starting new ones? I check in 6/3 and just got an email that the resort would be under refurbishment and that some room requests may not be accommodated and that we may hear some noise. I though renovations were due to end in May???

Just started and usually takes around 18 months.

They are doing room refurb and will take blocks of rooms out of service at a time.

Usually impact is minimal to guests.

Notice of Commencement filed in November is set to end April 30, 2018.

Last edited:

I also got that email today and was just gonna write a post to see if anyone else got one, lol. We check in on 6/13 and not gonna worry about it. The renovations just started this month and like HopperFan posted, they will probably be going on for 18 months.

I also got that email today and was just gonna write a post to see if anyone else got one, lol. We check in on 6/13 and not gonna worry about it. The renovations just started this month and like HopperFan posted, they will probably be going on for 18 months.

Got mine February 21 for an April 2 stay. Guess now that it has actually started they are giving guests more notice.

February 2017

Dear Family,

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney’s Pop Century Resort!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation of your upcoming stay, we wanted to make you aware of a Resort refurbishment taking place during your visit.

While we are working our magic, it is possible you will see or hear work in progress around the Resort and requests for specific buildings may not be possible to accommodate. Though some disruption may be unavoidable, depending on your location, we are making an effort to minimize the impact on your experience. As a result, noise should not be heard from your Guest room until after 9:00am daily.

Please know that we are working to ensure that your stay is both comfortable and enjoyable. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent as listed on your confirmation letter.

7GsJhxBBy0MB65f-Pc7ao62_IrAG9MUTKvC9Y0pRpGztAQTz1J9Iwk8KVSxLt0QRP828PNIkKb_LN1qI7zg0DZw7=s0-d-e1-ft
If you booked your stay through Walt Disney World Resort or have general questions, please call 407-939-7805 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).
7GsJhxBBy0MB65f-Pc7ao62_IrAG9MUTKvC9Y0pRpGztAQTz1J9Iwk8KVSxLt0QRP828PNIkKb_LN1qI7zg0DZw7=s0-d-e1-ft
If you booked your stay through Disney Vacation Club®, please contact Disney Vacation Club Member Services at 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET)Saturday and Sunday.

I must be so torn with the idea of trying out CBR that I totally missed POP renos! and personally, I am one of those 2 adults in a couple where the Value cost is a must and yet two doubles was a pain. Last December we stayed at ASM and upon check in managed to snag a king room no problem. I was torn between waiting to book Dec again until FD came out but now I wonder, should I snag a room now and try adding FD on? Will the Renos impact hotel selling out? The coffee maker in room makes POP all the better IMO and I know it will sell my bf 100%

I must be so torn with the idea of trying out CBR that I totally missed POP renos! and personally, I am one of those 2 adults in a couple where the Value cost is a must and yet two doubles was a pain. Last December we stayed at ASM and upon check in managed to snag a king room no problem. I was torn between waiting to book Dec again until FD came out but now I wonder, should I snag a room now and try adding FD on? Will the Renos impact hotel selling out? The coffee maker in room makes POP all the better IMO and I know it will sell my bf 100%

Renovations won't be done until April 2018 time frame. So by fall it will likely be only about half way done. Until it is completely done, no one is guaranteed any specific room. Renovations take a chunk of rooms out of circulation so yes, it would be easier for them to sell out. In regards to FD, they will only release a certain number of rooms based on occupancy so the more rooms that are booked likely then less will be available for FD.

But remember we have seen no photos of completed rooms, only a test room. We don't know if they all will be set up one way, or if there will be a variety of setups, what will be bookable categories and we def don't know if there will be coffee makers.

This is just random talking out loud but if Disney were smart, since the hotel will be about half and half come FD time (if they have it) then if I were Disney only old rooms would get FD. This might eliminate folks complaining, trying to be moved etc.

Renovations won't be done until April 2018 time frame. So by fall it will likely be only about half way done. Until it is completely done, no one is guaranteed any specific room.

But remember we have seen no photos of completed rooms, only a test room. We don't know if they all will be set up one way, or if there will be a variety of setups, what will be bookable categories and we def don't know if there will be coffee makers.

This is just random talking out loud but if Disney were smart, since the hotel will be about half and half come FD time (if they have it) then if I were Disney only old rooms would get FD. This might eliminate folks complaining, trying to be moved etc.
"if Disney were smart" silly they always think things thru! Now it comes down to do I want FD or a new room - IF that option even exists! but at the end of the day let's face it we are Disney lovers at heart and the room is the LAST important piece to me I just sleep and shower there :)

"if Disney were smart" silly they always think things thru! Now it comes down to do I want FD or a new room - IF that option even exists! but at the end of the day let's face it we are Disney lovers at heart and the room is the LAST important piece to me I just sleep and shower there :)

Not silly here. Disney has proven over the last few years that they aren't always smart in regards to theme parks. They make lots of decisions that end up with bad PR, lower profits and inefficient operations. They are having a problem keeping employees and we think customer service is lacking now .... I digress.

My main point is that the rooms will barely be half done (and we don't know what will be in them bed wise) so you have to decide if taking the risk is worth it if you end up with two double beds.

Not silly here. Disney has proven over the last few years that they aren't always smart in regards to theme parks. They make lots of decisions that end up with bad PR, lower profits and inefficient operations. They are having a problem keeping employees and we think customer service is lacking now .... I digress.

My main point is that the rooms will barely be half done (and we don't know what will be in them bed wise) so you have to decide if taking the risk is worth it if you end up with two double beds.
completely valid and totally understand - I was teasing with the silly. I am always torn by booking and trying to add FD or waiting until FD is released. Last year I had it and canceled when I second guessed booking only to end up booking in June, POP was no longer an option but I was lucky to get any FD by then.

completely valid and totally understand - I was teasing with the silly. I am always torn by booking and trying to add FD or waiting until FD is released. Last year I had it and canceled when I second guessed booking only to end up booking in June, POP was no longer an option but I was lucky to get any FD by then.

Always a guessing game and I think this year we have the added "cloud" that with many buildings being bulldozed at CSR and CBR, with additional rooms being pulled from inventory at CSR and POP for renovations ........... what are going to be the numbers of FD rooms offered at any given resort since the real purpose is to fill rooms. The guessing game got harder this year. :confused3

Always a guessing game and I think this year we have the added "cloud" that with many buildings being bulldozed at CSR and CBR, with additional rooms being pulled from inventory at CSR and POP for renovations ........... what are going to be the numbers of FD rooms offered at any given resort since the real purpose is to fill rooms. The guessing game got harder this year. :confused3
That is a good point, and in other comments and blogs, the BB offer and how that affects the roll out and even other discount releases and trends - At least we are all in wonderment together popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!