Pop Century to become a Moderate

Would you like to see Pop Century become a moderate resort?

• Total voters
With the Pop pool renovation upcoming, maybe a hot tub will be added to plus it up a little more. Throw in a table service and there ya go. Room size (for me) has no bearing on anything - the only space I need in the room is the bed, and now the beds are the same size...

I recently booked a room for April at $210 a night. I'm hoping they reclassify it since that would probably mean a pool upgrade.

Not surprised since it's getting the gondolas and the prices have shot up. Problem is it's still a value as far as the room sizes and amenities go. The only thing moderate about it is the price and the fact it's got a gondola station.

And those gondolas better be awesome to justify the price hike. So far they look like a mixed bag at best: Yes, if you don't have to wait for a bus it's slightly faster, but no AC so cabin comfort is going to be dicey and the gondolas won't even be running when it's storming or there's lightning, which is pretty much all of June and most of July. So you'll be paying moederate-level prices and still taking the bus.

If there's any rumor that might be true, it's that POP will price the hotel rooms near the Skyliner as preferred rather than standard. Which will add insult to injury when the Skyliner is down, since you'll be paying extra AND will have to walk the greater distance to get to the busses. So you'll basically be paying preferred prices for nothing.

Yes, if you don't have to wait for a bus it's slightly faster, but no AC so cabin comfort is going to be dicey and the gondolas won't even be running when it's storming or there's lightning, which is pretty much all of June and most of July.
If they are like most things at WDW they’ll run in storms but not lightning. So at worse they may be down for an hour or two in the afternoon during the summer.

Many years ago stayed once opened door and it hit the bed. The rooms are much smaller than mods so I can't see it being anything other than a value IMO. But if Disney wants to
charge more money because there is a gondola station and people want to pay it they are on the losing end not Disney

If they are like most things at WDW they’ll run in storms but not lightning. So at worse they may be down for an hour or two in the afternoon during the summer.

I would imagine an hour, or two is the minimum, as typically even something very small on the radar takes a decent amount of time to pass. On top of that, they always close rides when lightning is within a certain amount of miles, so, even when it seems to be over, if it's still a certain amount of miles it will remain closed. Also, I believe the miles might be increased due to the fact they would need extra time get everyone off the gondola if they plan on closing it due to lightning. I would imagine they might also close it in certain circumstances of having intense wind too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!