POP or Coronado - Honeymoon

For a honeymoon, Coronado would definitely be my choice. And if you want to be close to a bar, there are several great bars right at the resort. The tower alone has two bars - Dahlia and Barcelona. Both are fantastic.

as I don't have any prices to base my plans on.....yet!
Definitely Coronado and you can book a king room in the grand destino tower -- those new rooms look amazing!! There is a roof top restaurant and a bar as well as the bar in the middle of the water. A much more romantic resort than Pop. It has the feel of a deluxe resort but at a moderate price. Or if you need to save money (it sounds like you are doing 2 weeks WDW and 1 UO) you could do one week Pop then the second week at Coronado. This way you get the best of both worlds.

At UO I highly suggest booking one of the resorts which has express pass - Royal pacific will be your least expensive option. Makes planning the parks effortless (especially compared to WDW)

Good Afternoon!

We are planning spending 2 weeks at WDW in 2021 for our Honeymoon + a week at Universal.

We are undecided between POP or Coronado Springs. I like the idea of POPs Murphy Style Bed with the table and chairs as it mean we can easily eat in the room on the odd night when we dont want to go out. Whereas Coronado doesn't have this and the second bed feels like a waste of space for us.

We also like the skyline at POP as my fiance is a huge star wars fan so we'll spend a lot of time at Hollywood Studios.

However it doesn't feel right staying at, what is classed as, a value resort when you're on Honeymoon. From what I've read Coronado is a more adult hotel but transport and size wavers my preference.

We aren't fussed about dining plan and happy too skip this if POP is a better hotel although happy to take it if we are at Coronado.

We are in our late 20s, would like to be close to the main building (my partner likes being close to the bar!) And ideally would like stress free transport into the parks, although we will probably leave later in the day and come back as late as possible. We are more likely to spend our time in the parks/disney springs than in the hotel pool etc.

Any opinions would be such a help, as I don't have any prices to base my plans on.....yet!

😁

POP my favorite value, CSR my favorite moderate. HANDS DOWN CSR! :thumbsup2

- Book a King Bed room and you have more space, it will feel more special and adult.
- HONEYMOON! = CSR. Stunning resort day and night, lots of spots to explore, quiet for moderate.
- Bar? How about several bars, some inside, some outside, some with great vista views, on water, great decor. Note: POP has one cheesy small outdoor bar by the pool.

You won't want to eat in your room with all the wonderful choices at CSR.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/coronado-springs-resort/dining/

You said two weeks, so why not do one at each. A romantic week at Coronado, followed by a week at POP with the easy access by gondola to the boardwalk parks.

I'd consider some of the other suggestions though as well.

Possibly a stay at Caribbean if you want to be on the Gondolas and have a tropical feel or POFQ for a nice romantic atmosphere in the gardens and room, and boat rides down to Disney Springs.

We are in our late 20s, would like to be close to the main building (my partner likes being close to the bar!)

I think it's been mentioned in other posts - Pop has only one bar, at the pool. CSR has multiple!

We've stayed at Pop and CSR in recent years, and for a honeymoon I'd definitely say CSR!

I think Coronado too... but as others have suggested.... I like POR better, or Caribbean Beach for skyliner access, or even better rent points and stay deluxe. It's your honeymoon.... I say splurge a little. You can stay at POP for the next 20 years.

I love Pop Century - but not for a honeymoon. Coronado, king bed, Preferred (so Casitas 1, 2, and 3) or, yes, Gran Destino Tower.

We’ve stayed at both. Coronado is definitely more chill and low key. Great for hanging at the resort bc of the hammocks, lakes, etc. POP is great if you want to hit the parks efficiently and don’t mind a more crowded resort. For a honeymoon I’d do Coronado. But if youre like we are and really wanna hit the parks, go to POP. We stayed at all star movies for ours and loooooved it. It was my husbands first trip so we hit as much as possible.

We stayed at CSR in the GDR last month and it was Amazing!!! We had a deluxe king on the 12th floor, standard view. We could see GE, SE, ToT, and the fireworks from both EP and HS. Couldn’t ask for better. We did Pop last year. Although we enjoyed the new rooms and the queen size beds, we never put the Murphy bed up, and would pick the GDT again hands down. Especially for a honeymoon. That’s a once in a lifetime thing... it’s so beautiful with more options for dining and adult beverages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!