Pop or French Quarter

pjredhead

Earning My Ears
If I posted this twice sorry Never saw original thread'

We are staying at Pop in March. Love the new look I have always been a fan of French Quarter and may change to it. Does anyone have any updated info on French Quarter I have heard it is pretty run down need refrib
Any info on ether resort would be appreciated

thanks in advance

French Quarter is in the process of refurbishing the rooms now. They just started the beginning of Jan so no one has seen what they look like yet. There is a schedule on the French Quarter thread of what buildings will be done when. March is pretty close so you can always request a refurbed room but there is the chance you’ll have the older room.

I like both resorts, but would pick POFQ over POP. I don't know about the current state of POFQ rooms though, as I haven't stayed there since 2013. They were fine at that time.

I like Pop Century and now they have the new refurbish rooms there might be an option for you. We are looking and coming back in October and we have thought about French Quarter too. We do like staying at the moderate more than the Value Resorts just that is our preference

We've stayed at both in the last few months. I didn't find our POFQ room to be at all rundown, and I didn't care for our newly refurbished Pop room; it felt incredibly sterile and boring to me.

I will add that Pop was our first value since I was a teenager, and the first for my husband and kids. Our consensus after that stay is the values just aren't for us.

We did a split stay at Pop and POFQ this September (added on the Pop nights to arrive ahead of the hurricane). Pop wasn't my favorite (we had a non refurbished room) - too spread out, room too small (it felt like the door nearly hit the bed when you would open it), too many loud kids running around (I'm not faulting them at all, it seemed appropriate for that resort). Just basically too noisy and chaotic for me.

But when we arrived at POFQ, it was almost love at first sight! I loved the compact nature of the resort and it just felt more relaxed and classier. The room was much bigger, and we enjoyed it thoroughly (including spending 2 days stuck in it during the hurricane). It didn't feel run down at all. Food court options were better. Just all around, loved it.

So if you're ok with the price difference I would absolutely switch to POFQ!

POFQ is our absolute favorite! I've never stayed at Pop, but we are actually staying there for the first time at the end of February because we needed a cheaper option (of course it ended up not being so cheap at the time we are going). I think it completely depends on what you want. If you won't be at the hotel much I would choose Pop. If you think you might want to relax, use the pool, go to Disney Springs then I would choose FQ. Both of them have one bus stop and Pop doesn't share so that's nice. FQ shares with Riverside, but we never had any problems with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!