Pop or Movies?

musicmom3331

Mouseketeer
i will, possibly, be getting 3 rooms in June 2020 for a family trip. I’ll be on an ECV. Would you choose Pop, or a refurbed Movies room?

I have stayed at both ( more sports than movies) POP has one more floor then all stars but the layout at pop is much more spread out this can be a good thing to be further away from the main building. The new room at pop is really net ( I love the shower wish I could have one in my own house) not sure if the new rooms at movies are getting the same or not. also, All stars share a bus in the afternoon and movies is the last resort on the line. but both are wheelchair ECV accessible

Theming should be similar, and Movies rooms will be slightly newer. Go with whichever outside theming you prefer.

There will be a gondola stop at pop no date on when but should be done before you go

I would say Pop because it has a dedicated bus, unlike Movies which has to share and therefore requires a lot more waiting if you need to load an ECV. We've stayed at both and enjoy them, but the transportation factor means we prefer Pop.

I would say Pop because it has a dedicated bus, unlike Movies which has to share and therefore requires a lot more waiting if you need to load an ECV. We've stayed at both and enjoy them, but the transportation factor means we prefer Pop.

The All Star Resorts only rarely share anymore, we spent 18 days at AS Sports over two separate vacations and shared 4 times total. Each ride was mid-day to Disney Springs on virtually empty buses.

POP on the other hand has nearly 1,000 more rooms than each All Star resort but the same number of hourly buses. Since each standard bus can only hold 2-3 ECVs or wheelchairs it's very possible, especially during peak times, that persons with mobility devices might face a longer wait for a bus at POP bus stops.

The All Star Resorts only rarely share anymore, we spent 18 days at AS Sports over two separate vacations and shared 4 times total. Each ride was mid-day to Disney Springs on virtually empty buses.

I spend most of my 45 nights a year at sports and they really share a buss anymore I think I get on a bus that shares maybe 3 times a year and it seems like always alway in the afternoon when no one else is going to the park

also POP is the furthest bus stop at the MK ( well maybe AOA is)

I spend most of my 45 nights a year at sports and they really share a buss anymore I think I get on a bus that shares maybe 3 times a year and it seems like always alway in the afternoon when no one else is going to the park

also POP is the furthest bus stop at the MK ( well maybe AOA is)

I agree! Sports is our favorite as well and we have never had an issue with the buses in recent years. In comparison our 7 night stay at the Boardwalk had many more shared bus rides with other resorts.

There will be a gondola stop at pop no date on when but should be done before you go
This is something that OP should definitely keep in mind as the rumor at this time is that buses to Epcot and DHS will no longer run between the gondola resorts and those parks. The thought is that transportation will be gondola only to those two parks for Pop. That will be a big plus or a big minus for a lot of people.

Obviously nothing is confirmed yet, but wouldn't want OP to book 3 rooms just to find out later that it's gondola only and someone in their party doesn't want to go that route. On the other side, if it's something everyone in the party wants to experience, then Pop is the way to go.

This is something that OP should definitely keep in mind as the rumor at this time is that buses to Epcot and DHS will no longer run between the gondola resorts and those parks. The thought is that transportation will be gondola only to those two parks for Pop. That will be a big plus or a big minus for a lot of people.

Obviously nothing is confirmed yet, but wouldn't want OP to book 3 rooms just to find out later that it's gondola only and someone in their party doesn't want to go that route. On the other side, if it's something everyone in the party wants to experience, then Pop is the way to go.
I would think they would still run the buses as the gondola would stop running in rain/lightning and it never does this in FL

I would think they would still run the buses as the gondola would stop running in rain/lightning and it never does this in FL
If you go through the thread on the gondolas, the belief is that bus service will be back-up only in the event of long-term storms/winds (they can operate in rain and winds up to 45 mph. Other than a passing thunderstorm or hurricane, these will be operating). Otherwise, the expectation is no more bus services from CBR and POP/AoA for Epcot and DHS. In addition, people at POP/AoA may need to change "lines" at a hub. Similar to taking the monorail to TTC to get to Epcot. Parties with multiple ECVs will likely need to take multiple gondolas with only 1 ECV per car, but they will be drive on.

Again, it's mostly speculation at this time, but it doesn't make sense to invest in the system and still maintain the same bus fleet. The gondolas have a much higher hourly capacity than the buses too. Personally, if you do NOT want to be forced to take the gondolas after they are operational, I wouldn't book at POP, AoA or CBR until everything is confirmed one way or another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!