Pop Preferred room ---which location to request and why?

DisneyMom1111

Earning My Ears
My kids and I are going to POP in 11 days and have paid for a preferred room. Can't wait!!
I understand a room request is just a request , and may not be granted, but these are things that are important to us.
1. Away from large groups of noisy teenagers
2. Top floor for a quiet during the afternoon rest period at the resort (1 to 5 pm)
3. Close proximity to buses and restaurant

I do NOT care about the view from the room at all.

I am traveling with a DS16 and DD21 and they are both poor sleepers.
If we are planning on doing rope drop each day and staying late, they will need to recharge with an afternoon nap.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good room location? I have looked at the maps and am a little confused.

Thanks in advance!

My kids and I are going to POP in 11 day

My DH and I will be arriving about then too and we would love a quiet top level for our preferred room as we are planning RD with afternoon rest as well - but we are hoping for a King room since it’s just the two of us. Haha - maybe we should do a combined request since we know we’ll both be quiet guests :-)

See you there! If you hear Australian accents - that’s us.

I stayed Preferred in the 70s (bldg 10) and loved it. Very convenient, and I had no noise issues (and I was on the ground floor). The 70s section has no pool, if that helps cut down on traffic/noise.

Off topic: @DCLPrincess I love your Avatar!

1) 60's
2) Top Floor

No room renovations happening here like 50's.
Groups usually put in 80's and 90's.
Most rooms here are upgrade prices.
Easy walk to Bus and Food Court.
Easiest walk to AoA Food Court etc.
Away from parking lots.

PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

I found building #1 to be very quiet. My room was 3rd floor, facing towards the greenery. If you find Lady from Lady and the Tramp on the above map, that is roughly where my room was. It was quiet but close to everything. Great spot!

We just got back; had preferred rooms and requested 50's top floor, and got neither! lol But, it worked out great, we got 70's section first floor and it was perfectly placed between the buses and the food court, and was very quiet (oh, and it was right beside the playground as well).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter