Pop reducing bus service to 1/hour

Lyft and Uber have algorithms. When demand is high and/or availability is low, prices surge.

That's the business model everywhere, not specific to WDW.

However, we are in LM section. That is quite a long haul over to where the shared rides/taxis lurk near lobby. Groan.
Lyft & Uber can pick up at the parking lot near your room. Just be where you want to be picked up when you request the ride, and make sure the pin is at the right place.

This is just going to push more people to going to Disneyland instead where there are no transportation issues and you can just walk to all of the parks, hotels, and restaurants in Downtown Disney.

I hate to see this. One of the perks of staying at a resort is the free transportation. For me, if they are extending the bus from every 20 minutes to once an hour at every resort, I probably won't be going to Disney anymore. This might seem silly to some, but for me it's a big deal.
And it's going to be way more then an hour. There's been many times that a bus has come and there wasn't room so we had to wait for the next bus. No way would I wait another hour.

I hate to see this. One of the perks of staying at a resort is the free transportation. For me, if they are extending the bus from every 20 minutes to once an hour at every resort, I probably won't be going to Disney anymore. This might seem silly to some, but for me it's a big deal.
And it's going to be way more then an hour. There's been many times that a bus has come and there wasn't room so we had to wait for the next bus. No way would I wait another hour.
It’s not every resort. They are going to one hour bus service at the skyliner resorts to HS and Epcot because you can travel there by gondola.

The transportation is still free. This is 4 resorts (POP, AOA, CBR and Rivera) and they have the Skyliner to use to get to the Studios and Epcot. The bus is just supplemental transportation for those resorts now, full service before the Skyliner opens, reduced service while it's running and full service at park close. You still have 16 other resorts on property that have not cut back on bus service.

You are right, it's silly to me. You are going to stop going to Disney simply because the bus service from 4 resorts is being cut back but they installed another form of transportation to those resorts that is far more efficient than a bus? There are other resorts to stay at on property that offer similar amenities that bus service has not been modified. You want a value? You have the All Stars, Moderate? Coronado, POR and POFQ. You like the DVC resorts? OKW, SSR, BWV, GFV, Poly, CR, WL, Copper Ridge, etc. None of these have had bus frequency cut.

My response was in general that if they were to make this change at all the resorts, I would probably stop going to Disney.
I go to Disney at least 3 times a year and I stay at all resorts, value, moderate and deluxe.
This last December, I stayed at Pop and used the Skyliner for the first time and we actually loved it. Used it several times and it was very fast. Never any lines or delays. And they were running early. But with the bus change, there will probably be longer lines and delays.

My response was in general that if they were to make this change at all the resorts, I would probably stop going to Disney.
If, if , if. If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a trolley car.

Disney has not added transportation options to anything more than just four specific resorts.

Thus, there is no need of reason to reduce bus hours except to these two parks from these four resorts.

If, if , if. If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a trolley car.

Disney has not added transportation options to anything more than just four specific resorts.

Thus, there is no need of reason to reduce bus hours except to these two parks from these four resorts.
What is your problem? I'm aware of this. I was just giving my opinion on the bus schedule. Lighten up. I'm new here but this is a discussion board isn't it. No need to get so defensive and snippy on a simple opinion. Geez.

I didn't read the whole thread, but during our stay at AoA in October, we noticed that the DHS and Epcot bus frequency was significantly less than the others. I assumed this was due to the Skyliner, but this is the first I'm seeing it overtly advertised as less frequent. We were waiting a good 30 minutes around 10am for a Disney Springs bus, and I took note that not one DHS or Epcot bus came by and the estimated arrival time had a "-" through it for both parks. One even said "Use Skyliner".

Sorry if I missed it, but have they confirmed (or can we assume) that they will increase bus service if the Skyliner is down for a period of time due to malfunction, weather, etc? We only had one instance during our stay where the Epcot line was down, so CMs were telling people the bus would be faster at that point.

Can't be confirmed or refuted at this point, because no event has interfered with Skyliner operation since the sign was posted Sunday.

I've thought and thought about this. Even sort of went back for awhile mentally on my "I'm not staying at POP!" thing for a couple of days. Told myself, "Oh it won't be so bad. How bad can the gondolas be?" Told myself, "Oh, it'll be fine. Just stay at Pop Century next time."

I just can't. The biggest draw for me to POP for our next trip was the dedicated buses that never shared with another resort, along with the ability to walk over to AoA and get those buses, too. But holy cow, practically every time it rains in FL, it's thunder & lightning, too. So every time there's lightning, they'll be shutting down the Skyliner. And then everybody moves en masse to the ONE bus per hour to Epcot or HS. And then wait 30-60 min for more buses to show up.

No thanks.

I'll stay at All Star Movies instead.

I've thought and thought about this. Even sort of went back for awhile mentally on my "I'm not staying at POP!" thing for a couple of days. Told myself, "Oh it won't be so bad. How bad can the gondolas be?" Told myself, "Oh, it'll be fine. Just stay at Pop Century next time."

I just can't. The biggest draw for me to POP for our next trip was the dedicated buses that never shared with another resort, along with the ability to walk over to AoA and get those buses, too. But holy cow, practically every time it rains in FL, it's thunder & lightning, too. So every time there's lightning, they'll be shutting down the Skyliner. And then everybody moves en masse to the ONE bus per hour to Epcot or HS. And then wait 30-60 min for more buses to show up.

No thanks.

I'll stay at All Star Movies instead.
I don't think there will be one bus per hour if they shut down the Skyliner.

Agreed - the last few times the bus service has been bad for me as it was. I was hoping the skyliner would take some of the pressure off as we waited many times an hour to get a bus when they were coming "every 20 minutes" - but I am traveling with one that is very distrustful of the skyliner system so we were planning on using the buses mainly. This is a wrench in the plan - we go in a week so I'm looking for reports and debating calling to see if they will accommodate me at a different resort.

Agreed - the last few times the bus service has been bad for me as it was. I was hoping the skyliner would take some of the pressure off as we waited many times an hour to get a bus when they were coming "every 20 minutes" - but I am traveling with one that is very distrustful of the skyliner system so we were planning on using the buses mainly. This is a wrench in the plan - we go in a week so I'm looking for reports and debating calling to see if they will accommodate me at a different resort.

Good luck. I hope they accommodate you. Please let us know. Also consider uber or lift.

People keep saying 1 bus per hour, are we sure that it's only 1 (one ) per hour or that more then 1 will be sent to handle the back up at the bus area . Disney can't be that crazy.

I imagine they will send more but not sure if there is a CM there to know to request one. Sometimes there’s one at BW, sometime there isn’t. Sounds like Disney plans to run them more frequently before the Skyliner starts up in the morning and anytime the Skyliner is out of service. I imagine it’s difficult to know when it goes down prior to walking to the Skyliner station to find that info out and whether it’s a temporary pause or a longer one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!