POP to Disney 2011-Update post #18

Christine9125

DIS Veteran
We had to cancel our January 2010 trip to DW this year due to money issues, but we are planning a trip for August 2011. This will be to celebrate my 40th birthday on August 2, Our anniversary on August 4th and DH's Birthday on August 6.:cool1::cool1:

As you my have guessed, we are staying at POP and may have a couple other people go with us. MY DBL and DSL maybe joining us. They were just married in October and are wonderful people. I am going to try to get some pictures together of the disney crew.

We are not set on our dates right now, depends if DBL and DSL go with us. I would like to go July 30-August 5, 2011.

Thank You, we normally go the first week of August because of our birthdays. I am really looking forward to it since I had to cancel this years trip.

Joining in!

We usually go in August also. The crowds are definitely more manageable than June and July.

We decided we would save our change and we would make our reservations once we had the $200 for the deposit (and of course when we are allowd LOL), well, we counted our change today, after saving for only 5 months and have $110.01. I only need $69.99 and August to come so I can make my reservations. :cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana:

Joining in!

We usually go in August also. The crowds are definitely more manageable than June and July.

Thanks for joining in, a lot of people don't like going in August, but we have always gone in August so we have out "plan" and it really isn't that bad.

I am going to have to find some pictures of us, but to get this started here is who is going.

Right now, it is just my husband and I, but my DBIL & DSIL could be going with us, need to meet with them and go over stuff and see if it will fit in their budget, they are trying to buy a house and start a family

Goofy-DH, who will turn 44 while we are there next year. Loves must things Disney, but lets me do the planning.

Donald Duck-Me, who will turn 40 while we are there. LOVE ALL things Disney and wish we could get there more often.

Minnie-DBIL,this is a joke, when we asked him which character he liked, he said Minnie because he use to date her.

Goofy 2-DSIL, hasn't been in the family very long, but we love her. She has not been to Disney since she was little, boy does she have a lot to catch up on.

When my family went in 2008, our first day was spend at Urgent Care due to a cyst on my daughters tailbone. When I say all day, I mean most of the whole day, they only had 1 doc working and a waiting room full in the middle of Disney. I would think they would have a couple docs working each day. Then this year, my husband and I were going to go (suppose to leave 2 weeks from today), but that did not work out. So I am really looking forward to this trip

I have done some estimates on cost and what this is going to cost us. I have an estimated quote of $1960 for Standard Room-6 nights, 2 Day Tickets, Counter Service Meal Plan and Plane Tickets. We are saving our change for the deposit $200, (Balance after Deposit $1760). I receive a $50 monthly bonus at work for showing up ontime and never calling off and an extra $50 bonus each quarter, I will be putting all this money towards our trip $1100 (Balance $660). We will be buying our plane tickets thru Southwest, we are going to ask my dad for Southwest Gift Cards for Christmas this year $200 (Balance $460). We will pay the $460 left out of our pocket.

So, the way I look at it, we will be Flying to Disney for 6 nights and only paying $460, Not bad if I must say so myself:banana::banana::banana:

I have done some estimates on cost and what this is going to cost us. I have an estimated quote of $1960 for Standard Room-6 nights, 2 Day Tickets, Counter Service Meal Plan and Plane Tickets. We are saving our change for the deposit $200, (Balance after Deposit $1760). I receive a $50 monthly bonus at work for showing up ontime and never calling off and an extra $50 bonus each quarter, I will be putting all this money towards our trip $1100 (Balance $660). We will be buying our plane tickets thru Southwest, we are going to ask my dad for Southwest Gift Cards for Christmas this year $200 (Balance $460). We will pay the $460 left out of our pocket.

So, the way I look at it, we will be Flying to Disney for 6 nights and only paying $460, Not bad if I must say so myself:banana::banana::banana:

Well, I have redone some numbers and if all works as planned, we will not pay a penny out of pocket for this trip and actually have about $200 extra:banana::banana::banana:

Well, I believe our kids are going with us now and maybe my parents. This is going to be a bigger trip then we expected.

We did the change saving trick for our "didnt happen" trip last year. We bought a big paint bucket and super glued the lid on so noone would be tempted. We cut a small slit in the lid and went on our way. We decided in the begining that noone could take from the "Disney Bucket" without BOTH parents being there to bust open the lid together. we managed to save a few hundred bucks. The toddler picked up pennies from the parkinglot to drop in!!! When we found out that we couldnt go we took the money and let the kids go shopping with a portion and we saved the rest. We have put our deposit for this years trip and have gotten a new bucket!!!!!!!! I am hoping that we save enough that while we are there we never have to swipe our bank cards!

We did the change saving trick for our "didnt happen" trip last year. We bought a big paint bucket and super glued the lid on so noone would be tempted. We cut a small slit in the lid and went on our way. We decided in the begining that noone could take from the "Disney Bucket" without BOTH parents being there to bust open the lid together. we managed to save a few hundred bucks. The toddler picked up pennies from the parkinglot to drop in!!! When we found out that we couldnt go we took the money and let the kids go shopping with a portion and we saved the rest. We have put our deposit for this years trip and have gotten a new bucket!!!!!!!! I am hoping that we save enough that while we are there we never have to swipe our bank cards!

Good luck, I can't wait to see how much we can actually save

I love your plan!! It's so good to be actively saving for the trip...it makes you feel better about spending the $$$. This year, we started a Disney envelope...instead of spending my birthday and Christmas money on other stuff, I put it in the Disney envelope. My mom puts her part-time job (2 days a month) paycheck into the envelope- she says it makes her like going to that job more!! So now that our trip is coming up, the envelope is full and we're all paid up. Feels good to save that way. :) We just had to make sure the envelope is in a very safe place! :rotfl:

Joining! I love all of the ideas you have for saving for the trip. We also save all of our change for Disney trips. Plus, any money that is found in the laundry room automatically goes into the jar! We are planning to go back in January of 2011 and I can't wait! :yay:

We have been saving our change, extra cash from the week and garage sale money and I was told when it equaled the amount for our deposit I could make our reservations. WE HAVE MORE THEN ENOUGH today to make our reservations. I will be going to the bank tomorrow. LOL:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter