Pop-Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration Coming Soon to the Disneyland Resort

dina444444

DIS Veteran
E6B3DC46-3CE7-401C-91A7-BAF6B3CBA240.jpeg

Here’s a pop quiz: Love art? Love taking photos? Love Mickey Mouse? If your answers are yes, yes and yes, we have something popping up, just for you! The Disneyland Resort is introducing an all-new, must-see pop-up experience at the Downtown Disney District. Coming this spring, Pop-Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration will transport you through a visually and whimsically immersive experience celebrating 90 years of the one and only Mickey Mouse, and his darling, Minnie Mouse.

This limited-time exhibition will feature several different imaginatively themed rooms with vivid displays inspired by all things Mickey Mouse. Every room will feature selfie-worthy surprises and provide plenty of fun and fabulous photo ops for all your family and friends.

DF5B6C69-E132-4A6C-87D2-4E99973D71D3.jpeg

One such surprise will be a super-sized and super sweet bow sofa. In this area, you can pop into the portrait and take a seat on Minnie’s plush sofa or pose under Minnie’s giant bows and hearts. Don’t forget to blow a kiss!

This separately ticketed exhibit will be located near the Downtown Disney District Monorail station in the former space of ESPN Zone. Tickets will go on sale soon. Keep your ears perked to the Disney Parks Blog for more details!

Pop-Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration is another fantastic example of the excitement and evolution of entertainment, dining and shopping in the Downtown Disney District. Most recently, we welcomed Ballast Point Brewing Company, Salt & Straw scoop shop, the re-designed Wetzel’s Pretzels, Naples Ristorante e Bar, Napolini Pizzeria and the re-imagined World of Disney!

Exhibit elements and activities subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Source

Soooo, it's basically a bunch of Instagram-ready backdrops, for a fee?

I wonder how much the tickets will cost.
Yep, like Candytopia or the Ice Cream Museum or the many other photo op /“immersive experience”/museums. Those cost almost $40 for adults to get in and often sale out way in advance. That’s also on par with a trip to the VOID and that only takes up 15 minutes of actual play time. So while I really hope it isn’t that expensive I really wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

Ditto! Would be fabulous if the pix were included with MP too ;)
Omg that would be great! If it ended up being included in MaxPass & Photopass then I’d be sure to check it out.

How about bringing back Build A Bear and a theater.
I see what you are saying but the Build a Bear location is now a successful Brewery & there is an actual Build A Bear itself located less than 4 miles away. So I don’t really see that one coming back. The AMC & Rainforest Cafe though need to come back or get replaced ASAP.

Yep, like Candytopia or the Ice Cream Museum or the many other photo op /“immersive experience”/museums. Those cost almost $40 for adults to get in and often sale out way in advance. That’s also on par with a trip to the VOID and that only takes up 15 minutes of actual play time. So while I really hope it isn’t that expensive I really wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

This is exactly what I think they're after as well and what I thought of when I read the announcement. That said, you do get some treats while you walk through those in addition to your Instagrammable pics. Wonder if they will include anything like that..

I see what you are saying but the Build a Bear location is now a successful Brewery & there is an actual Build A Bear itself located less than 4 miles away. So I don’t really see that one coming back. The AMC & Rainforest Cafe though need to come back or get replaced ASAP.
AMC is suppose to be opening a 6 screen theatre at garden walk later this year

I wonder when it’ll start? Probably spring break? We’ll be there thru 3/5 and might want to try it, but I doubt it’ll be going on yet.

AMC is suppose to be opening a 6 screen theatre at garden walk later this year
Yeah but movie theaters are often close to one another. Where I live we have 4 different AMC theaters a short drive away to choose from. Personally I’d prefer some sort disney owned Disney property dine in theater, just showing current & past Disney (& Pixar & sure Marvel & Star Wars) films. Something unique to Downtown Disney. But that’s probably too much wishful thinking.

Yeah but movie theaters are often close to one another. Where I live we have 4 different AMC theaters a short drive away to choose from. Personally I’d prefer some sort disney owned Disney property dine in theater, just showing current & past Disney (& Pixar & sure Marvel & Star Wars) films. Something unique to Downtown Disney. But that’s probably too much wishful thinking.
There are two AMCs within 5 miles of Disneyland in addition to the one being built.

Well what would you suggest goes into the movie theater building instead?
I wouldn’t mind seeing them continue to bring in more dining options and retail. Some of the stuff from Disney spring such as d-luxe burger and morimoto would be nice to have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!