Pop Warner Week or the week after?

Ladyandthepuppies

DIS Veteran
Planning a trip with my hubby and 2 kids- they will be ages 5 and 2 by December. I want to experience the Christmas magic and hopefully get into the holiday spirit early. Of course, with two little kids, crowds are my biggest worry- they don't have the patience to wait in line for long.

I am trying to pick the LEAST crowded time in December although obviously any time in December will be more crowded than other times of the year. I was thinking a Monday-Friday trip, and would go either the first or second week in December. The first week is Pop Warner week, but from looking at hotel prices online it seems like the first week is still cheaper than the second. I have read lots of posts on here that Pop Warner doesn't affect the crowds but I guess I'm just wondering, since I can avoid it, should I?

Which would you do, Dec 3-7 or 10-14?

Other threads I have read the second week of December is least crowded. I have no personal experience but have heard this on the boards many times.

We have visited the second week of December for several years. I don't believe you'll find a slow time at WDW anymore. Homeschooling has grown as well as year round school allowing people to travel throughout the year. I understand your concern about waiting in lines with kids but its done everyday. I've seen as many impatient adults(maybe more)than kids standing in a line. Take advantage of FP and plan your days and your trip will be great. One year we hit the end of Pop Warner and noticed more groups in the park than usual. It may have been just that year...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter