Popcorn buckets

gumbypee

DIS Veteran
What are the current popcorn buckets at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios-- anything avenger related?

Thank you

What are the current popcorn buckets at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios-- anything avenger related?

Thank you
They can’t do much with avengers at WDW so no.

DHS still has alien buckets as far as I know.

MK also had the Mickey or Minnie balloon buckets last I saw too.

They can’t do much with avengers at WDW so no.

DHS still has alien buckets as far as I know.

MK also had the Mickey or Minnie balloon buckets last I saw too.

Oh I thought Avengers was a Disney thing. I can't keep track - it's for my brother anyways.

Thank you!!

Oh I thought Avengers was a Disney thing. I can't keep track - its for my brother anyways.

Thank you!!
Avengers is Disney owned however Universal owns the majority of the marvel theme park rights in Orlando so WDW can’t do much with Marvel properties in the parks. They have sold the guantlet sipper at Disney Springs.

They will do more with marvel themed aspects at Disneyland.

Avengers is Disney owned however Universal owns the majority of the marvel theme park rights in Orlando so WDW can’t do much with Marvel properties in the parks. They have sold the guantlet sipper at Disney Springs.

They will do more with marvel themed aspects at Disneyland.

I see -thanks for the info! That makes sense now.

One last question--where in Disney Springs did they sell the gauntlet sipper?

I see -thanks for the info! That makes sense now.

One last question--where in Disney Springs did they sell the gauntlet sipper?
They sold it at the poutine kiosk I believe. It was at one of the kiosks for sure. Not sure if it’s still available.

They definitely have to get creative with it, too: They were able to wrap the MK monorail in Marvel characters but NOT the Epcot one, because the Epcot monorail has to pass through/above that park to reach the station.

They definitely have to get creative with it, too: They were able to wrap the MK monorail in Marvel characters but NOT the Epcot one, because the Epcot monorail has to pass through/above that park to reach the station.
Exactly

That said I was just at Epcot over the weekend and I noticed in one of the Showcase plaza shops an Iron Man bubble toy being sold

Exactly

That said I was just at Epcot over the weekend and I noticed in one of the Showcase plaza shops an Iron Man bubble toy being sold
Merchandise is a bit different. They can sell marvel merch in the parks for the most part. Packaging and labels are a bit different tho.

Like PP said east of the Mississippi usage of Marvel IP is limited to Guardians and Doctor Strange

Re: Dr. Strange, I know there was an unadvertised streetmosphere/m&g type of thing with him a couple years(?) back in DHS...anyone know if there's anything Doctor Strange-related in WDW now?

Re: Dr. Strange, I know there was an unadvertised streetmosphere/m&g type of thing with him a couple years(?) back in DHS...anyone know if there's anything Doctor Strange-related in WDW now?
Nope unfortunately at least Star Lord and Gamora are back in awesome mix this summer

Like PP said east of the Mississippi usage of Marvel IP is limited to Guardians and Doctor Strange

Well, it's not just Guardians & Strange, but any character not included (depicted in any way) at Universal, so there are other Marvel characters to use. GOTG & Strange are the only ones so far to get MCU movies, but Eternals is one that is coming and could also be used. Universal basically got all the popular characters from the '90's and it's fortunate that GOTG were not big at that time (all of the core characters date back to the 70's though they had not been formed as the Guardians of the Galaxy until well after the Universal contract - the GOTG name was used for another group in the future of the Marvel Universe). It's almost surprising that Dr. Strange wasn't involced as he has always been a kinda-big name for Marvel and he even showed up in the '90's Spider-Man cartoon, on which a lot of Marvel Superhero Island is based. Disney really lucked out on those two coming together like they did. Unfortunately most of the biggest characters were all included in the deal - so even X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four - pretty much all their related characters are forbidden.

Interesting side note: Now that Disney owns Fox, they also own The Simpsons. The Simpsons also have a contract for attractions at Universal. Funny how that all works, eh?

WDW needs more Marvel, and they need to get creative. Here is my pitch. Epcot. World Showcase. Between the UK and Canada pavilions OK? Follow me here.

They need to have a show where Captain Britain and Major Mapleleaf talk about their good work protecting the people, but always end up being overshadowed by Captain America. They're not bitter or jealous, but, yeah, they kinda are. I mean, yeah, Major Mapleleaf at least outranks Captain America, but somehow missed out on the glory.

Pretty sure Universal doesn't have them!!

:jumping1:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter