Popcorn Question

How’s the soy sauce? That one sounds good too! I only have one sit down meal planned and the rest will be for snacks and quick service meals. I’m a picky eater and I’ve read they don’t let you substitute or edit items on their menu. That’s gonna be a huge struggle for me. I only eat cheese pizza and only like cheese on my hamburgers

Soy sauce was good, maybe a little less memorable for me. For all the flavors, I found the taste fairly subtle, they get the flavor across through the smell.

It’s true that you can’t substitute/change menu items. Japanese people really don’t understand “picky eaters” - but I don’t think you will have an issue finding food you like. Even if you can’t alter a particular item, there are so many choices that it would be really hard not to find something that suits you. There are lots of “plain” choices, non-seafood choices, vegetarian choices, etc. Restaurants are also starting to understand food allergies, but not really there yet.

Basically, while you can’t get anything custom, you also won’t be starved out :) & you can still try lots of cool things that aren’t unappetizing to you.
Thanks! That’s very reassuring. I’m looking forward to the Mickey shaped chicken nuggets lol

Huh okay. Did you try the black pepper one?

Nope. I remember passing by, but think we didn't feel like it enough to stand in line. We ate the caramel one the most because it's at the most locations and (because of that) usually no line, lol.

Nope. I remember passing by, but think we didn't feel like it enough to stand in line. We ate the caramel one the most because it's at the most locations and (because of that) usually no line, lol.
Haha I will probably end up getting some caramel. Were the lines really bad? I’ve seen on vlogs how long they can be

Haha I will probably end up getting some caramel. Were the lines really bad? I’ve seen on vlogs how long they can be

We went in early June and it wasn't super busy. So not wrap around the building horrible. But 10-15 deep sometimes for the popular flavors or if it's only available at one location. Otherwise maybe 5 people in line for anything other than caramel.

We went in early June and it wasn't super busy. So not wrap around the building horrible. But 10-15 deep sometimes for the popular flavors or if it's only available at one location. Otherwise maybe 5 people in line for anything other than caramel.
Oh that’s not too bad. We will be there June 9-15 so around the same time of year

I think I know the answer - can we take a popcorn bucket from our trip two years ago and get the refill price? pretty sure I recall seeing folks with buckets they were no longer selling......We use it as a snack container at home!

I think I know the answer - can we take a popcorn bucket from our trip two years ago and get the refill price? pretty sure I recall seeing folks with buckets they were no longer selling......We use it as a snack container at home!
I’m just gonna buy boxed popcorn. I would feel weird taking my wdw popcorn bucket

If you bought it in TDR then yes you can. Like I said before the refills are for all souvenir buckets purchased at TDR, the new ones and the old ones.

I am not usually a curry fan but our whole family loved the curry popcorn. I think it was the second favorite. The black pepper, which was at DisneySea last fall was the favorite by all of us, and I also don't usually care for pepper. The milk chocolate was pretty good and the soy sauce one was also pretty good. We didn't really care for the rest of the flavors they had at the time. The strawberry was our least favorite, it just tasted too fake to us, but it sounded good.

I do think the refillable bucket would have been worth the cost but none of us wanted to carry it so we just bought the boxes.

I am not usually a curry fan but our whole family loved the curry popcorn. I think it was the second favorite. The black pepper, which was at DisneySea last fall was the favorite by all of us, and I also don't usually care for pepper. The milk chocolate was pretty good and the soy sauce one was also pretty good. We didn't really care for the rest of the flavors they had at the time. The strawberry was our least favorite, it just tasted too fake to us, but it sounded good.

I do think the refillable bucket would have been worth the cost but none of us wanted to carry it so we just bought the boxes.
I'm thinking we'll probably just buy the boxes because I won't want to keep the bucket and will need to save room for other merch. I'm not a pepper person either, but I thought the black pepper sounded good. I watched a vlog that said the blueberry was their favorite.

They didn't have blueberry when we went, I think we tried all the ones they had at the time. Dh was on a mission to find them all. The different popcorn and the teriyaki chicken leg at The Skipper's Galley were some of our favorite foods.

They didn't have blueberry when we went, I think we tried all the ones they had at the time. Dh was on a mission to find them all. The different popcorn and the teriyaki chicken leg at The Skipper's Galley were some of our favorite foods.
I think we will be snacking more than sitting down to eat. I do want to eat at magellan’s though! We’re gonna make our reservations on the Japanese site before we go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!