Popcorn Refills

texaslady22

Mouseketeer
What's the deal with popcorn buckets? Are they refillable at all parks? Day only or length of stay?

My kids love popcorn.

We also love popcorn.

We purchased the bucket this past Christmas.

The cost of the bucket is (I believe) $10 and $1.50 per refill at all parks, for the length of your stay. We found we came out ahead after 4 refills.

The top handle comes off, so it's very easy to detach and attach to backpack straps, etc. Nothing beats hot popcorn, but we'd often get it and eat it throughout the day. It's great during parades!

Last edited:
We have purchased the Popcorn Bucket in October and this past February. We love it and think it's a great deal. You can purchase it at any of the parks, and have it refilled at any park for the length of your stay.

WhAT?!
Now I know

It is a specific bucket that does this. This article explains.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...popcorn-bucket-now-available-at-disney-world/

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...-popcorn-bucket-program-in-disney-world-done/

June-2016-Refillable-Popcorn-Bucket-Disney-World-1-495x600.jpg

Last edited:

I figured there was probably some chip in the bucket.
Similar to the refillable mug.
Side note I have a nice collection of popcorn buckets, we use as pencil holders

Have a few myself ;) I messed up and missed the Dumbo one. I really wanted that one.

When DH and DD went to Tokyo Disneyland they couldn't believe how many different ones, clearly very popular there.

Someone brought their Olaf one to the parks. I was so jealous.

Ooohhhh. I have big Olaf drink "cups" but hadn't seen the popcorn.

I just looked SO SO CUTE! PS They didn't bring any back :sad:

qawsed4321.jpg

Have a few myself ;) I messed up and missed the Dumbo one. I really wanted that one.

When DH and DD went to Tokyo Disneyland they couldn't believe how many different ones, clearly very popular there.

I have Dumbo. If I ever want to get rid of him I'll have to remember the boards.

I just looked SO SO CUTE! PS They didn't bring any back :sad:
How do you go to Tokyo and not bring any buckets back?! I think I would bring 2 empty suitcases for merchandise from Tokyo Disney. My brothers friend moved back to Tokyo two years ago and sends us little things from Tokyo Disneyland. It's like Christmas Lol!

How do you go to Tokyo and not bring any buckets back?! I think I would bring 2 empty suitcases for merchandise from Tokyo Disney. My brothers friend moved back to Tokyo two years ago and sends us little things from Tokyo Disneyland. It's like Christmas Lol!

Popcorn buckets just aren't their thing. :confused3

They brought back all cultural items. But did say the Tokyo Sea was amazing!!

I'm something of a popcorn fiend. The Han Solo Carbonite popcorn bucket is my favorite so far.

But ... yeah, the really cool popcorn buckets aren't refillable and the refillable one is kind of lame (IMHO).

We loved this on our trip last October. $1.50 to refill the bucket was a quick and cheap snack that everyone could share! Plus we got the Halloween bucket which was super cute :)

EEEEK refills aren't free after you buy this $10 bucket? Awwwww too bad. That just ended any hope of popcorn at Disney.

My husband is obsessed with the "value" at Disney... he would not be happy! Good thing he doesn't like popcorn that much. That's an expensive snack to fill your belly with, what with dining plan portions... :(

EEEEK refills aren't free after you buy this $10 bucket? Awwwww too bad. That just ended any hope of popcorn at Disney.

My husband is obsessed with the "value" at Disney... he would not be happy! Good thing he doesn't like popcorn that much. That's an expensive snack to fill your belly with, what with dining plan portions... :(
I think you are in for a world of hurt if you think $1.50 refills on a $10 bucket is expensive for WDW.

Don't think of it as a $10 snack. Think of it as a $10 souvenir with a free snack. Now it's a much better value, because that popcorn in an non-souvenir bucket is something like $4.00 or $4.50

I believe this article was from 2016 and might not be available anymore according to this excerpt below. Does anyone know differently?

The Refillable Popcorn Program will only be available through September 1st. So get poppin’ — umm, I mean hoppin’ — to a Disney World Popcorn Cart as soon as you can to grab yours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter