POR or Caribe Royale

wisconsinmousermom

<font color=CC66CC>Feels so much better getting th
What would you do for a family of 5? Ages of kids, 14,12 and 5, 14 year old is 6'0". We have the Caribe suite, 1 bedroom with 2 Queens and sofa sleeper in living area for $129 a night. Fridge and micro. 1 reg pool, nice, 1 kiddie pool, slide, waterfall, hot tub. Other than that not too many perks. Couple of resturants. We are planning on renting a car because we want to go to Daytona on a day trip.

POR $144, 2 double beds plus trundle, definitly less space than the above mentioned suite. Bathroom though sounds about the same. Many Disney perks, including fishing, biking, pools, huge arcade. More food choices. Most definitly a more ture Disney experience.

This is my kids first trip to Disney, we are definitly on a budget, but I'm thinking the difference in price might be worth the extra perks you have staying onsite. The room space worries me quite a bit, 7 nights-8 days is a long time in a small space. We have said that we will only use the room to sleep in, so who cares, but if we feel too cramped I don't even know if we will be able to sleep. We can't afford to get 2 rooms, and I really would like to stay at a moderate.

Please offer up your opinions!!

Thanks!! :D

Staying onsite is an experience. I don't have as many children as you do, I only have two, but we found the room at the CBR to be more than enough. That being said it is the largest moderate on property and it only sleeps 4. I think that it depends on your needs. If you won't be in the room often, then POR might be the best bet for your family. I truly enjoy staying onsite for the pure experience of it. Think about what you family needs, and if you really want to stay onsite, go for it.

Decided last night to make ressies for POR and hope for new codes. Got a standard with a trundle for $177 tax included.

LOL LOL then "Poof" new code today!! :Pinkbounc Called CRO applied the code AXA and we now have it for $132 tax included!!

I'm thrilled!!

As someone who grew up in Florida and has stayed many, many times at Days Inns and the like in Orlando, I can tell you that you made the right decision staying on site. There's nothing like the level of service you get at a Disney hotel. Your kids will never forget it.

We stayed at the Contemporary in '73 and it's still sharp in my memory.

Use these boards for other tips on cutting expenses, like getting a soft-side cooler to keep snacks and drinks in.

And enjoy!!!

I agree, you made the right choice. I've never stayed at POR but I have stayed at CR, ASSp, ASmo, and FW. I have also stayed at Caribe Royale and I would definitely choose any one of these hotels over Caribe Royale.

I've read several good posts about the Caribe Royale, but I did not have a positive experience. It was the worst night's sleep I've ever had. That pull out sofa was horrible! Maybe we just got one that had springs broken or one that was decades old. There's more but I digress - and you've already made your choice!

You will love staying on site.

I have stayed at POR with my family of 5 twice and had no problems - actually the boys way prefer it to CBR (we had adjoining rooms). DD and I like CBR better but not because the rooms are bigger (they don't feel appreciably larger) mostly because of theme. Have fun!
oh yeah - my kids were 13, 12 & 10 last stay at POR

Good for you on getting such a great rate with the code!! To me nothing can compare to staying on-site.

You may want to check out the cabins at FW also. They sleep 6 comfortably & have a full kitchen, outdoor deck & so much to do!!

We always justify the extra cost by eating breakfast & a few other meals in the room. We have 5 in our family & breakfast alone can run us anywhere from $30-$50 depending on where we go.

Have a great time!! I get excited just thinking about someone experiencing a Disney resort for the first time. Your kids will love it. :bounce: :bounce:

POR is fabulous. You will not spend much time in the room -- there are too many other things to do there. As a Disney Resort guest, you'll have Early Entry opportunities and maybe even an E-Ride night that you can do. Those are not permitted to off-site visitors.

We just returned from a 5 night stay and had a great time at POR. The pool is terrific, there is a great arcade and the food court and restaurant are nice as well. We also rented surry bikes a couple of times. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter