POR pin rate & adult children

Bert

Earning My Ears
I was fortunate to have a PIN code attached to my name when I called to reserve a room. The CM asked my childrens ages and I said 19 & 17, she said that the ages didn't change the rate of PIN rate of 79.00. Since then I have read that the moderates charge 15.00 per extra person.

Does anyone know if this is waived with the PIN rate? I'm worried that I might be hit for a higher rate at check in.

Thanks in advance.

Over 18 is considered an adult. More than 2 adults and you will pay $15 nightly for each adult.

Welcome to the DIS. :)

do you have a spouse or another adult (meaning not your kids ;) ) with you or is it just the 3 of you? If so, they are supposed to charge you the extra fee for more than 2 people over 18 in a room. If it is just the 3 of you then you are fine. You and the 19 year old are the adults and the 17 year old is considered a "junior." If they didn't, I doubt the check in CM will charge you but it is always a possibility. Most of the time they are just going to go by whatever you were quoted when you made the ressie. I've never heard of it being waived with a PIN rate.

There is my husband and myself in addition to the two girls. Thanks for your replies. I'll wait to see what happens at check-in.

Sometimes if they are added at check in the CM doesn't charge. I would expect to pay for the extra adult and be surprised if they don't charge you.

Bert said:
I was fortunate to have a PIN code attached to my name when I called to reserve a room. The CM asked my childrens ages and I said 19 & 17, she said that the ages didn't change the rate of PIN rate of 79.00. Since then I have read that the moderates charge 15.00 per extra person.

Does anyone know if this is waived with the PIN rate? I'm worried that I might be hit for a higher rate at check in.

Thanks in advance.

how does one qualify for an attached PIN code to ones name :confused3

ANTSS2001 said:

how does one qualify for an attached PIN code to ones name :confused3

Pin codes are attached to your name if WDW sent a postcard or email to you with a special rate and code in it. No one knows how they select the lucky people that get these postcards and emails :sad2:
Some people do not actually recieve the physical postcard or the email but are able to get the special rate because of the pin # in CRO's computer, which is why people call CRO to check if they have a pin # by their name.

I didn't realize I had a pin code, they told me when I called them. My guess is that it has been 3 years since we were there so we fit into some marketing target group.

On the last postcard I received with a PIN number on it, it states "Additional per-adult charges apply if more than two addults (18 or older) per room". ~:)~

It wouldn't change the base rate but there would be additional charges because of the extra adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter