POR Pool - Anyone see it since the renovation! Anybody??

WDWorld2003

DIS Veteran
Anxious to hear what renovations they did to the pool. We're staying there for the first time next month (actually 1st time on Disney Property!) and would really like to hear what it's like.... I think many others would also:D Anybody out there????!!!!

WDWorld2003,

You will love POR. We stayed there for the first time in 2001. It was our first onsite stay and we were floored at how beautiful it is.

Have a great trip.

Cmon you guys, we need recent details on the new rehabbed pool!!!

I don't know if there have been renovations since last I went.

We stayed in 2000, and again in 2001. They renovated the Old Man Island pool in between. It is the same, except for 1 change. There is a bridge running across the center of the pool. In 2000, you could swim over from one side to the other. For some reason, they walled it off, so you have to get out of the pool to go from one side to the other. I'm not sure why. But don't let that stop you. POR is awesome. I would stay there again over even some of the deluxe resorts, because of the number of pools, and the sheer beauty!

One complaint-they closed Old Man Island Pool 2 times while we were there because someone's child defecated in it (twice). Each time, it was closed for nearly 48 hours. But other than that, it was and still is a beautiful pool!:cool:

I don't know if there have been renovations since last I went.

We stayed in 2000, and again in 2002. They renovated the Old Man Island pool in between. It is the same, except for 1 change. There is a bridge running across the center of the pool. In 2000, you could swim over from one side to the other. For some reason, they walled it off, so you have to get out of the pool to go from one side to the other. I'm not sure why. But don't let that stop you. POR is awesome. I would stay there again over even some of the deluxe resorts, because of the number of pools, and the sheer beauty!

One complaint-they closed Old Man Island Pool 2 times while we were there because someone's child defecated in it (twice). Each time, it was closed for nearly 48 hours. But other than that, it was and still is a beautiful pool!:cool:

bump... bump...... would like to hear news of latest renovation - reopened 2 weeks ago....:bounce:

There must be somebody out there that just got back. Cmon, we'll Paaaaay you for some information!:smooth:

I haven't been there yet, but I just talked to the resort this morning. Here's the best info I could get: something about a new bridge? fountains have been added and the slide has been replaced although the cm didn't know if it was bigger than the original one. I know it's not much, but that's all the info I could get.

Thanks Kevin! I can't wait to hear the details on the new slide. I love slides! and I loved the old one, so I can't imagine what they did to it. :D

We have a reservation at POR for July 12 - 19. We stayed there once and never went to the big pool because we had a pool outside our door.

On this trip there is going to be 6 (maybe 8) adults, two teenagers and a 10 month old baby. After reading the boards we were thinking about changing to POFQ just to be closer to the bus stop with a stroller.

I am the one planning this trip and I will be the one to hear the complaints if they don't like it. We normally stay at Wilderness Lodge (love it) but the pool there is so crowded and they don't have very much room to sit around the pool if you get there past 10:00.

Is the pool at POR big and is there very much room to sit around it?

Thanks for any help.

Kathy

We never had trouble finding a place to sit, even when we visited at peak times at POR (OLD MAN ISLAND). We visited with a large group (11-5 kids of all ages). PFQ pool looked good too. We found that anywhere you were in POR, was close enough for bus stop access-no further than 2 minute pleasant walk. I'm not sure it will be much better at PFQ. When we went the last 2 times, we were allowed access to bothe POR and PFQ pools, as they are connected resorts, so we got the best of both worlds, although I prefer Old man Island. I think it is always that way.

Okay guys, I'll be there this Sat., when I get back I'll give you all the details!! Hopefully someone can give you some info before then, though!:D

Jen, thank you! Looking forward to your report, especially about the slide. I'm particularly wondering whether they built an entirely new slide or just added to the old one..:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter