POR - Riverside transportation to parks

lovemy2girls4eva

DIS Veteran
I'm booked here for my upcoming trip. Even though I heard the resort itself is amazing, I heard the buses are horrible. I will be travelling with 3 young kids and this is making me rethink this resort. Are the buses really that bad? Thanks

I've found the bus service to be no better or worse than other resorts. The mornings are busy and buses can fill up, so you may have to wait for the next bus, especially MK. If you stay at a park until close, the bus will be packed and again, you may have to wait for additional buses. Allow about 1 1/2 hr for wait and travel time to be safe. Occasionally, there's some sort of problem, and a bus won't appear for a ridiculously long time (45 - 60 min. wait). It's not unique to POR. In my experience, EPCOT buses are the biggest offenders. MDE has added bus wait times, so that should help alleviate some stress. The nice thing about POR is it's close to POFQ. At a park, we often get on the POFQ bus if it comes first. The walk to POR is not long and kind of relaxing.

I'm booked here for my upcoming trip. Even though I heard the resort itself is amazing, I heard the buses are horrible. I will be travelling with 3 young kids and this is making me rethink this resort. Are the buses really that bad? Thanks

Agree with @hildarumpole. They are no better or worse than any other resort. The buses are the buses. It's one giant system centrally dispatched so no 1 resort has it's own buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter