POR Royal Rooms- Garden or River View

chinarider

DIS Veteran
Thoughts on which would be better and closer to pool, buses and food court etc. Looking for something somewhat quiet, top floor not by stairs or directly by elevator. TIA

There are no elevators. Our Royal room, a free UPgrade while lovely decor was Far from Everythng.
We love POR, but if you want to be Near South Depot Bus, foodcourt, bar, boat main pool, consider a Preferred location room. Requesting building 14 ( or our second choice is 18) which is in the AB section. Only way we stay there as it is a large resort...
perhaps pull up a POR map, I think it would help you greatly to understand the size of the resort
( I did enjoy the touches in the room, but would not pay for that based on location of those rooms)
Have a wonderful visit... beautiful and resort.

Rooms in the mansion are quiet, in our experience. Top floor is nice. I would book pool view if you want to be near the quiet pool. As far as convenience goes, we don't find a huge difference based upon view, otherwise. There are two buildings that house the RR - Oak Manor and Parterre Place. Oak Manor is somewhat closer to most amenities. Parterre Place is the furthest mansion from the themed pool, closest to POFQ. You can always request the mansion that appeals to you the most.

Personally, I don't see a need to pay extra for a particular view in moderates or value resorts. Your door will open to an exterior walkway. There isn't a comfortable place to sit and watch the view from your room. There are no balconies. SO, of your choices, I would book garden view and save a few $$.

If you go to portoleans.org you can look at a map of the resort with room views and locations. That will show you where everything is located and you can decide which area that you feel would suit your party the best.

We usually request a room on an upper floor and near the foot bridge, so we have quick access across the river to the main building. OR - depending upon what you like - You could also request a room in Oak Manor closest to the theme pool, for example.

The other option, as mentioned, would be to book preferred in AB. Those are the most conveniently located in POR, IMO.

Enjoy! POR is awesome!

I just switched my reservation to POR this morning for a garden view. Going to keep checking back for a Royal room for a November stay. When you guys say there are no elevators do you mean that you are taking the stairs everywhere? I’m asking because I’m going to be with two kids in a stroller and wondering what sort of room request I need to make. Thanks

I just switched my reservation to POR this morning for a garden view. Going to keep checking back for a Royal room for a November stay. When you guys say there are no elevators do you mean that you are taking the stairs everywhere? I’m asking because I’m going to be with two kids in a stroller and wondering what sort of room request I need to make. Thanks

All the buildings in the Alligator Bayou section have only 2 floors, so no elevators. The buildings in the Mansion section, including the Royal Themed Rooms, have 3 floors so they do have elevators. So you can either request 1st floor in Alligator Bayou or any floor in the Mansion Section. Or if you book a Royal Room you are guaranteed to be in a building that has an elevator.

There are a handful of river view Royal Rooms compared to many more such rooms with garden view. Garden view are spread throughout the two mansions that house Royal Rooms, so it’s very possible to get one that is a bit of a hike to the main pool, food court etc. River view Royal Rooms, on the other hand, are all along the river and are an easy walk to the main building, main pool, food court etc...their location really is prime.

Take a look on Touring Plans to see both locations and views. I stayed in a Royal river view room a few years ago, and the decor combined with the location spoiled me for other areas within POR.

As @dansdad said there absolutely are elevators in the Mansions, PP is incorrect. Also many of the Royal Rooms are a short walk to the main hub, main pool etc. We have stayed in them more than once.

OP, the river rooms will insure you are the closest to the main hub area, and that is the bus stop we always use. As explained the garden rooms are more plentiful and in more areas. I have had standard that was great and standard that was step from a parking spot and not so great. We've had pool view which was fine but my favorite in mansions has been river view.

From PortOrleans.org
and if you go to this page and scroll down,
you can see how the views are laid out ...
by clicking on building numbers.
https://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php

Port-Orleans-Riv-Map-Clean.gif

All the buildings in the Alligator Bayou section have only 2 floors, so no elevators. The buildings in the Mansion section, including the Royal Themed Rooms, have 3 floors so they do have elevators. So you can either request 1st floor in Alligator Bayou or any floor in the Mansion Section. Or if you book a Royal Room you are guaranteed to be in a building that has an elevator.
Thank you! I’m going to check back daily in hopes that a Royal room opens up.

so maybe River Royal Room in Oak would have an elevator and put us between main bus, lobby, pool and east depot?

Hopper Fan included great map. We were in Oak Manor and had a beautiful garden view room in the inside of the H facing the courtyard and fountain on the river side of the building. The quiet pool was behind our wing. There is a cut thru between the building with stairs that go down to pool. Or elevator. Walking out our door we had a lovely side view of the river. I wouldn’t pay for a river view, there is no balcony to sit and enjoy it.

We were close to everything. Foot bridge over to main buildings. East Depot was a short walk out the back thru parking lot, and a pretty walk along the river to main pool. I prefer the outlying bus stops over the crowded and chaotic main south Depot. You can’t tell if people are lined up for the bus coming or waiting for next bus. I’ve missed busses because of this.
People- if it’s not your bus get out of the line :sad2:

We have stayed twice in the RR and both time we requested Oak Manor. We really like it's location, only a few minutes to bus, FC or main pool.

Royal Room - Pool view opened up this morning. This is the 4th (and final!) time I have made changes to our resort stay. LOL He said we would be near Magnolia area and close to foot bridge. Cant wait to check out this beautiful property! Hope everyone has a wonderful vacation!

Royal Room - Pool view opened up this morning. This is the 4th (and final!) time I have made changes to our resort stay. LOL He said we would be near Magnolia area and close to foot bridge. Cant wait to check out this beautiful property! Hope everyone has a wonderful vacation!
The pool you would have a view of for RR is the quiet pool between OAK Manor and Acadian House. I would put on room request to be on Oak Manor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter