POR vs POFQ

susanh

Mouseketeer
5 night stay Thanksgiving week with 7 and 9 year old. They like the POR pool, we've never been to FQ.
Which should I pick?

Lots of people say the POFQ pool is kind of babyish compared to POR. But my kids (10 and 13) actually prefer the pool at POFQ. So that's where my vote goes. I also find it much more convenient to go back and forth to my room from the pool at POFQ, which is a big plus for me.

POR :thumbsup2

When staying at POR when DS was 5 we visited POFQ (he had before but didn't remember) to eat breakfast and show him the pool area. We asked if we should stay there next time and he said "No, this is a baby pool". We also had a 10 year old and 1 year old. We never stayed there with kids, only after they were adults and not interested in the pool and recreational stuff.

My beef is paying those rates for a hotel without all the amenities of a moderate, forcing us to walk next door for them. Love NOLA but don't love the resort, lots of negatives for us.

Last edited:
I loved POFQ but my kids (12 year old twins) really preferred the theming and the pool at POR hands down.

POFQ of course! when my kids were young they liked being able to use the pool at Riverside.

They are both wonderful! I have to confess though that I find myself going back to POR time and time again. Just can't seem to get myself to book anything else - POR, for me, is part of the entire WDW experience. :)

My beef is paying those rates for a hotel without all the amenities of a moderate, forcing us to walk next door for them. Love NOLA but don't love the resort, lots of negatives for us.

Good Point! and well said. Totally pick POR too and continue to. There is nothing at POFQ except maybe a different menu for a one time walk over to.

We prefer POFQ but we're not huge on the pool and it seems that's a deciding factor for others. I like the size and feel of POFQ better. You can't go wrong with either IMHO.

We prefer POFQ but we're not huge on the pool and it seems that's a deciding factor for others. I like the size and feel of POFQ better. You can't go wrong with either IMHO.
Agreed . You can use the pool at POR . We hang by the pool every afternoon weather permitting and usually go up once a trip to POR's for a change of scenery.

We prefer POR. We liked FQ, but love the ambience of Por much more. It's lush landscaping, more relaxed feeling. FQ is more squished together making it feel more crowded, some like it because of that- everything is close together.

I also prefer the food court at Por, and the option of having quiet pools. We are adults but still enjoy relaxing at the pool after the parks. We take mid day break, and many times it's been warm enough to swim in January or To at least use the hot tub!

When staying at POR when DS was 5 we visited POFQ (he had before but didn't remember) to eat breakfast and show him the pool area. We asked if we should stay there next time and he said "No, this is a baby pool". We also had a 10 year old and 1 year old. We never stayed there with kids, only after they were adults and not interested in the pool and recreational stuff.

Other than a sit down restaurant, what amenities does POFQ lack compared to the other mods?

We are at POR right now but always prefer POFQ due to size and proximity to everything. POR is still nice but for us with younger kids POFQ always works great. With all the the rain the pool was closed yesterday and so were activities but in the lobby we got to see Ariel and the Shadowman (my favorite Villian).

FQ is smaller- easier to get around. Beignets in the food court....Riverside has a sit down restaurant. My kids loved the serpent slide at the pool at FQ. bottom line is both are great

I've stayed at all the moderates except POFQ and just can't make myself stay there. It's silly but I don't like the look of the buildings, they just look motel like to me where POR has a more resort look. If it's still there (I haven't been there in a while) the harlequin in front of the pool sorts of puts me off, which is odd since I collect harlequins and masks from Italy at Epcot. I'm also one of the few that don't think any of the moderates are too big and spread out, the walk from the farthest building at any of them just doesn't bother me (and I'm a 60 year old woman)

Other than a sit down restaurant, what amenities does POFQ lack compared to the other mods?

- No Table Service.
- The food court has a smaller offering than other moderates.
- No Quiet Pools, which we use often.
- No Recreation, you have to go over to POR for Bike Rentals, Surrey Rentals, Carriage Rides and Fishing (no big but it's one more offering that FQ doesn't have).

I don't want to pay the same, or more because of it's limited discounts, than other moderates and have less and have to walk over to POR - depending on your room location maybe a long walk.

And then there is Coronado that has more than POR and CBR in terms of dining, lounges, Main Pool amenities and I would willingly pay more to stay there than the others.

I totally agree here. :) My vote goes to POR as well. Love the resort, so gorgeous. IMHO I find it prettier than POFQ. The rooms are beautiful, love the quiet pools as well as the main pool, food court has really nice options, there's a TS restaurant plus you get Yehaw Bob, there's bike rentals etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter