Port adventure time is time everyone meets on ship, correct?

Trip planner

Mouseketeer
3rd cruise, but first time booking DCL port adventures (other than glacier explorer and stingray encounter on castaway cay)
We have a 12:30pm POrt adventure in Grand Cayman, is 12:30 the time we meet somewhere on the ship and then go to tendering boats as a group?

Yes it is. You will be advised (usually a ticket will be in your stateroom) where to meet as a group on the ship beforehand and then go as a group off the ship to your place of departure to the venue.

Most port adventures do meet onboard, but my wife and I did one afternoon adventure where they had us meet on the dock. I don't remember which port it was, but I think it was one where we had to use a tender.

Also, sometimes they will change the meeting time--you'd have a letter in your stateroom on arrival day if this happens. (It happened to us in Russia--they moved our meet time from 7:45AM to 6:45AM for passport control...and then we all sat in the theater for 45 minutes until they let us leave...I could've used an extra 1/2 hr sleep that morning...)

Most port adventures do meet onboard, but my wife and I did one afternoon adventure where they had us meet on the dock. I don't remember which port it was, but I think it was one where we had to use a tender.
Hmm- my children want to do the goofy sports simulator and the available times weren’t ideal- the best available was 10:30-11:30am before our 12:30pm port adventure which would be perfect if we are meeting in a lounge on the ship.

We just got off of the Fantasy yesterday. We had a 12:30 port adventure in Grand Cayman. We had to take a tender from the Fantasy to be at the pier by 12:30. In order to make the port adventure, we needed to leave the ship early and catch the 11:30 tender. We just made it to our excursion. We met the rest of the excursion at the pier. The group did not tender together.

Be careful scheduling anything too close to the time you need to leave the ship to tender to the pier.

Have fun! Grand Cayman is a beautiful port!

We just got off of the Fantasy yesterday. We had a 12:30 port adventure in Grand Cayman. We had to take a tender from the Fantasy to be at the pier by 12:30. In order to make the port adventure, we needed to leave the ship early and catch the 11:30 tender. We just made it to our excursion. We met the rest of the excursion at the pier. The group did not tender together.

Be careful scheduling anything too close to the time you need to leave the ship to tender to the pier.

Have fun! Grand Cayman is a beautiful port!
Thank you, this is exactly what I was wondering! I thought there was a chance they’d meet at the pier in case anyone wanted to check out the area a bit before the excursion. Did you do the nautilus undersea tour and snorkel?

Exactly this. They do this on purpose. If the excursion starts early in the morning, you will be asked to meet on the ship at the stated time, becasue they figure you are still on the ship. (Indeed some of the meeting times will be before the time you are allowed to get off the ship.) If the excursion is in the afternoon, especially on an island that requires (more time consuming) tendering, it will likely meet on the island, because they figure you might already BE on the island and you won't want to tender back to the ship, meet up with your group, and then tender back to the island.

As someone else posted, usually the morning ones meet on the ship and the afternoon ones on the pier when you tender. This messed me up once in Grand Cayman. We had a morning and afternoon tour booked but I didn't realize the second one was intended to meet on the pier so I didn't take the ticket with me. We had a tour bus breakdown on the first tour and by the time we got back to the pier we were really late but I figured, no problem, we had just enough time to take the tender back to the ship and meet up. Once I got back to the stateroom, I discovered that we were supposed to be on the pier right then so ended up missing the tour. Lesson learned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter