Port of Miami Photos

VeroBeachGirl

DIS Veteran
12th Disney Cruise Happening in February! This'll be our first out of the Port of Miami. Does anyone have pictures of the inside of the terminal? I love the Disney Terminal at Canaveral and hope they can add the Disney Touch to the Terminal in Miami. Also, any Miami specific tips for boarding/parking?

I don't have pictures, but because it's a shared terminal and not Disney-exclusive, the touches are banners and such put up on days DCL is there. Nothing like the DCL icons on the windows, the model of the ship in the middle, and the iconic ears you walk through.

Boarding is pretty much like at any other terminal. Parking? I have not driven in 13 years, so I have no information on that. I've done hotel shuttle or Lyft to the port when in Miami.

We just sailed from Miami for the NYE Magic cruise. No pictures, but I found the boarding process to be very quick and easy. I don’t remember a single Disney touch anywhere, but we were only in the terminal about 10 minutes before boarding started so I didn’t really get a chance to look around.

I remember it being a cramped space not really anywhere to walk around. Just remember the Characters did come out to take pictures off to the side. Instead of ears when called I think you had to go up because you could see the people walk across the hall to get to the gang way. The hall way was all glass.

This was a couple of years ago.

The terminal has seating like an airport terminal with Disney banners and signage. Lots of CM's with Mickey hands. We had a very easy time boarding...easier than when we sailed on the Dream out of Cape Canaveral. We didn't park at the terminal so I can't comment on that. At the end of the terminal is where the characters were having meet and greets. When you start to board, you ride an escalator to the next level and walk on a glass enclosed hallway that you can see the ship on one side and on the other side you can look down where you were sitting waiting to board. You then walk onto to gang way...and you are on board!

Have a great trip! We really enjoyed our cruise in December on the Magic out of Miami! Excellent crew!

For parking: Park at the port. Do not park offsite unless you've gotten a sleep/park/cruise deal at a hotel. Parking is in a garage, you pay as you exit after disembarking. In April it was $22/night. Disney TYPICALLY uses the terminal that is diagonally across from a parking garage (one is F, one is G, I don't remember which is the terminal and which is the garage). You will drive in, drop your luggage at the sidewalk, and the porter will direct you to the parking garage. For 4 adults, it was about 5 minutes walking from the car to the front door of the terminal.

I haven't cruised out of Canaveral yet, but have cruised out of Miami twice. They do add Disney banners and Mickey hands at Miami. They've vastly improved space utilization since our first cruise in 2016, so while it's a bit cramped, it's infinitely better than it used to be. Security is on the ground level, then you'll go up escalators to check in, then into another large room to wait to board.

Video is from TheTimTracker on Youtube, it’s new on their channel. It’s a Marvel cruise leaving from Miamai.
Enjoy !!!!!!!!

Video is from TheTimTracker on Youtube, it’s new on their channel. It’s a Marvel cruise leaving from Miamai.
Enjoy !!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting this, getting me very excited for our March MDAS cruise on my favorite ship, the Magic. I have only watched 14 minutes so far, and they seem like very pleasant people and the video is great but I do want to say that they get many things factually wrong, so please don't rely on anything they say without checking it out. Many things don't matter and just annoy me slightly - like it is a SHIP not a boat; and that is Carnival ship in front of you, not RCCL; and the family staterooms with the murphy bed sleep 5, not 6. But it is really fun to watch.

Thanks for posting this, getting me very excited for our March MDAS cruise on my favorite ship, the Magic. I have only watched 14 minutes so far, and they seem like very pleasant people and the video is great but I do want to say that they get many things factually wrong, so please don't rely on anything they say without checking it out. Many things don't matter and just annoy me slightly - like it is a SHIP not a boat; and that is Carnival ship in front of you, not RCCL; and the family staterooms with the murphy bed sleep 5, not 6. But it is really fun to watch.

My son and his wife follow this guy and his videos. They showed me this video this morning. After sailing 17 times, I was correcting them left and right.
I did enjoy watching it though.

Wow. You'd think that if Disney was going to go to the trouble to host all these vloggers (there were a LOT who were hosted last week), they'd give them basic information to get correct - like the number of people the cabins hold. OR on the flip side, that those who were hosted would bother to make sure their information was correct.

So I've watched both days now. I wish they would go to the shows - I think that is one of the best things on DCL, I feel bad because I feel they are missing it so many great things. I am really excited to see the MDAS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter