Port Orleans FQ Best Buildings

Donald Schmuck

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone,

I'm visiting POFQ soon and would like to know what buildings you all prefer and why? I'm deciding whether to put in a request for a building or not.

Thanks!

We had a 2nd floor garden view in building 3 & thought it was a great location! Close to the boat launch, pool, food court & transportation :).

Thanks for the response! Is there any particular reason you are partial to those two buildings?
Mostly because of the central location, close to the pool, main bldg and dock. I’m really splitting hairs though. The resort is small enough that any room should be close to anything else. I think any garden view room is very nice. Also just as an aside, we had a room on the front corner of bldg 2 that we could see Epcot fireworks from. So that was a nice surprise.

Mostly because of the central location, close to the pool, main bldg and dock. I’m really splitting hairs though. The resort is small enough that any room should be close to anything else. I think any garden view room is very nice. Also just as an aside, we had a room on the front corner of bldg 2 that we could see Epcot fireworks from. So that was a nice surprise.

Great tip, thanks!

I've stayed in building 6 facing Jazz Alley, inward away from the water, and loved it.

Edited to add:

I forgot to mention that I have stayed in building 4 facing the main building/parking lot. That wasn't a bad room either as the garden/walk ways buffeted the sound from the parking lot.

Last edited:
DH and I were in building 7 earlier this month. The river view was beautiful and it was very quiet. However, it was far to the boat, the bus and the food court. We are staying a FQ again in December. I will make sure to ask for something closer to the bus since I booked standard view.....hoping for an AP or FL resident discount to magically appear :)

DH and I were in building 7 earlier this month. The river view was beautiful and it was very quiet. However, it was far to the boat, the bus and the food court. We are staying a FQ again in December. I will make sure to ask for something closer to the bus since I booked standard view.....hoping for an AP or FL resident discount to magically appear :)

I felt that the whole place was fairly quiet. Ok, maybe the pool area might not be so quiet, but I've stayed in a couple of different locations and never had a problem with sound at the POFQ. Love that place.

We did not request a specific building or room view but were given garden views (2 rooms) in building # 2. We loved it because of its proximity to the pool. Also close to the food court, gift shop, boat landing, and main lobby check in building. I spent time just walking the property because it's so lovely. Because it is a small property, all of the buildings are nicely located but building 7 is the most secluded. The entire property is quiet even when it's full of guests- even in building 2 we never heard the pool noises (although we faced away from the pool). If you want a water view there are rooms in most of the buildings that can provide that. We loved this resort, it's proximity to Port Orleans RS which offers additional walking or jogging trails, food court and restaurant. You cannot go wrong!

We were in building 2 facing the water. It was absolutely gorgeous! We could hear noise from the boats and the horse carriages, but those are seriously first world problems and we were all so exhausted they could have had a parade and we'd have slept through it!
IMG_1634 (1).JPGIMG_1637 (1).JPG

We stayed in Building 4 Garden View. Close to the Food Court and the bus stop was out the back side of our building.

We stayed in Building 4 last year and have it requested for our trip in August for those very same reasons.

I’ll be the dissenting opinion about Building 7. Even though it is the farthest building from the lobby, food court, etc, it is the closest to Riverside. We really like to switch it up and visit Riverside some days while at POFQ. Also even though it is the farthest from the lobby, I don’t find it to be far.
We’ve stayed in a few of the other buildings though and haven’t found a bad location yet. You’re going to love your trip!

We always book standard views but the last time we stayed at French Quarter (2015) they gave us a very nice Garden View in Building 3 which is very convenient to everything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!